Net-7 Status - Partially Rebuilt

Kyp

21 hours ago, Mashimara said:

I would LOVE to see a player wipe. Or at least a second instance hosted. I'll even donate a server to run a clean DB on.

11 hours ago, Kyp said:

Maybe one day if we had the time to do more balancing of the economy, as it is due to some past happenstances it got sorta wild.

That would only slow things down for people who know what they are doing to rebuild IF they wanted to replay the game again to that large of a extent. It would have to be a major rebalance with new gameplay in order for the wipe to mean something. A really huge change maybe but if it's some minor rebalancing on a weapon that wouldn't make sense. We are talking where the Wiki would become useless as there is a ton of useful and helpful information that has been collected for many years. A wipe isn't going to do anything at this point. 

On 6/11/2023 at 12:03 AM, Mieux said:

That would only slow things down for people who know what they are doing to rebuild IF they wanted to replay the game again to that large of a extent. It would have to be a major rebalance with new gameplay in order for the wipe to mean something. A really huge change maybe but if it's some minor rebalancing on a weapon that wouldn't make sense. We are talking where the Wiki would become useless as there is a ton of useful and helpful information that has been collected for many years. A wipe isn't going to do anything at this point. 

I was referring more to a 2nd instance. I gave a promise when we went live that there'd be no further wipes if we could possibly help it.

• Upvote 2

Exactly. A second instance would not break that promise AND gives those late in rediscovering E&B is back online, and new system with a different economy. No changes are needed, and a quick click on the server  drop down in Net7 launcher.

BTW, I cannot log in to my old Net-7 accounts here.
I make it into the game and It says username or password is wrong, just after entering it in the boxes.
I'm looking for the process to reset my game account passwords.

I checked my username and password to the portal.
Username: Mashimara

1 hour ago, Mashimara said:

BTW, I cannot log in to my old Net-7 accounts here.
I make it into the game and It says username or password is wrong, just after entering it in the boxes.
I'm looking for the process to reset my game account passwords.

Go to net-7.org, Account / "Master account settings" page "Avatar Settings" tab.

You can select ingame account and change or reset password there.

hey hey, I hope everyones well!

Ive tried a few times to get back in game, but all I get is the Inv-300 message.

tried changing my password, tried making a new account, but nothing seems to work.

on a side note and after reading a few of the messages on here. EVEN though I cant get in and or play, I just wanted to say a HUGE! thanks to all the GM's and developers for doing their bloody best to rebuild the game yet again.

You guys are awesome and I have a tonne of respect for you doing this in your own time and letting the not so helpful posts slide off your backs.

Well done guys and keep being awesome :)

Gwahir  check the net-7 launcher to see if the client box is pointed to ....Ea games/earth & beyond\release\client.exe,   the check the local IP address on the right side to is should not be 127.0.0.  it should be the local IP for your computer 

I have one computer that has this issue and each time it has been the Local IP has changed,  

• 2 weeks later...

With so many people still having the same issues.....
seriously, how hard is it to add a check if we made it through a gate or docked/undocked/ left a planet?
Its not that hard. Client check if packet received. If not, resend, and check again. rinse and repeat so many times, if no response, Quit to login.
then we dont have to terminate client and restart the Net7 launcher and client again.
You guys say you dont have the time. then open source it.
we all still recognise your efforts and will always appreciate what you have done for us.
Keep all resources how they are now. (database/net7 - wiki etc...)
but let others help.

It would really help the some of us that struggle, but want to play this gem.

And before you all answere with "I dont have issiues", read through all other posts before offering suggestions please.

I seem to be the only one posting here, but ask in game how many others have tried all suggestions and still suffer the same fate.

I beg of you Devs. Please try something new, because the old is no longer working for a lot of us.

I look forward to a new system where we all can enjoy the game as it was, once upon a time.

:)

PS. 

I saw a post, someone offered a second server for complete player restart/rebalance.

lets open it up!

Looks like we crashed  I have red server app lights on all 9 of my computers  in game  right now  with three toons who are not responding also 

Looks like at about 550+ hours uptime the system does its own downtime, based on the times this happen since bringing the game back from the Big Down Time earlier this year.

Kyp is there anyway that you guys could grant Woody the ability to restart the server if needed he is on 24/7 and i am sure he can more than handle the job if needed and if that doesn't solve the problem then he can report to you guys that it needs your attention, just a thought..... 

Must have crack!

Ok, so no fireworks for me today.  Was hoping to have a little fun locking the fleet onto a target and sending 30 missiles, finally see the plan in action a little bit.

Guest Mashimara
On 6/28/2023 at 5:47 AM, crighton said:

With so many people still having the same issues.....
seriously, how hard is it to add a check if we made it through a gate or docked/undocked/ left a planet?
Its not that hard. Client check if packet received. If not, resend, and check again. rinse and repeat so many times, if no response, Quit to login.
then we dont have to terminate client and restart the Net7 launcher and client again.
You guys say you dont have the time. then open source it.
we all still recognise your efforts and will always appreciate what you have done for us.
Keep all resources how they are now. (database/net7 - wiki etc...)
but let others help.

It would really help the some of us that struggle, but want to play this gem.

And before you all answere with "I dont have issiues", read through all other posts before offering suggestions please.

I seem to be the only one posting here, but ask in game how many others have tried all suggestions and still suffer the same fate.

I beg of you Devs. Please try something new, because the old is no longer working for a lot of us.

I look forward to a new system where we all can enjoy the game as it was, once upon a time.

:)

PS. 

I saw a post, someone offered a second server for complete player restart/rebalance.

lets open it up!

I am the person with a windows 11 pro workstation, with GNA, UNCORES 24 cores, Intel 13th Gen K 64gb ram. 3.9TB RAID0 NVMe .

To top it all off. I am in an AT&T fiber 1gb sync up and down

10 minutes ago, Guest Mashimara said:

I am the person with a windows 11 pro workstation, with GNA, UNCORES 24 cores, Intel 13th Gen K 64gb ram. 3.9TB RAID0 NVMe .

To top it all off. I am in an AT&T fiber 1gb sync up and down

Enable the prototype packet re-order and optimization settings on the launcher
Run the game in windowed mode (fullscreen unfocused window has issues through loading screens)
Delete the sizzle.bik file to remove the EA 'movie' at game start

I have no problems running a fleet of 6 all day long because of the first two, the third is nice for logging in quickly if I do cause a problem by forcing the windows to minimize (the game doesnt windows do not like being manipulated/locked in place, so if you minimize them, you cant get em back = relog)

54 minutes ago, Xeen said:

if you minimize them, you cant get em back = relog

i use win 11.. I was able to get them back by hovering over it on taskbar. it brings up a little screen and right clicking on screen and hitting restore. but i dont know if that works for everyone.

I prolly would agree , but it wasent worth me wasteing 2 min with . . . why these people even playing ENB , are they just Stupid ... Go AWAY , REALLY !