You've Been Hearing Hints About An Announcement

and here it is:

[url="https://forum.enb-emulator.com/index.php?/topic/7111-announcement-status-change/"]https://forum.enb-emulator.com/index.php?/topic/7111-announcement-status-change/[/url]

Bah, try now. Should work, thought this had been visible forever, it's a public area for the Board to announce things that it wishes to do.

Should be fixed now, the category itself was preventing access. Several people in-game have been able to get in and see it.

Couldn't see it before but can now see it.

Sounds like exciting news! I personally am glad there is no player wipe planned. I just started playing this again so having to start over after making significant progress would not be very motivational for me. It seams player count has been some topic of discussion lately but as with anything i think it goes in waves. I played live, and dabbled with this 2 years ago (for about a month) and then forgot about it. I'm excited to be back and so far my experience has been very smooth! Thanks everyone for the hard work!

*hugs Kyp*

NICE! :)

And a guild wipe would be somehow welcomed too.
Although it'd make me weep to lose some names who have good memories on them, those people haven't been seen for a year or two. I still couldn't get myself on deleting them, to get the roster back to managable numbers.

Woo nice! Good to see. If there's not going to be a wipe though (darnit), can I recommend you set up a test group for playing through 1-150, and monitor their stats through their play? That way you have at least 1 set of clean test data from a control group to stack all of the other information up against.

[quote name='Klyde' timestamp='1340998220' post='59835']
I didn't see it posted anywhere, will the Beta be closed or open? :)
[/quote]

Likely open. We get to keep our toons & stuff, at least for now, as Kyp said there is NO wipe planned at this time.

[quote name='Klyde' timestamp='1340998220' post='59835']
I didn't see it posted anywhere, will the Beta be closed or open? :)
[/quote]

The EMU is already open to anyone that wants to create an account and download the client. Previously it was Open Alpha (though the Devs just didn't tell anyone) and now they have declared BETAAAAA!!!!!!.

[img]http://www.ibridgeplayer.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/thumbs-up2.jpg[/img]

Everything I eat is tasting better now for some reason. Oh I meant, "tasting BETA now for some reason" ! lolol

Woot! Looks like the emu got a whole lot more interesting. Not that it already wasn't, but I'm very very very excited to see where this goes.

[quote name='Terrell' timestamp='1340998391' post='59836']
Likely open. We get to keep our toons & stuff, at least for now, as Kyp said there is NO wipe planned at this time.
[/quote]

Invite your friends, family and relations! The more, the merrier...Wow....BETA. Exciting news. :)

Alpha, as we now know it, has been going on since late 2009, its 2012 now, so something like 2 and a half or three years. My guess is that there is no time frame for Beta but a sort of "as long as it needs to be" type of time frame. Could be months, maybe years.
  • Upvote 2

Take as long as needed, there are many issues to be addressed, two big ones.
[list=1]
[*]What's the Terran Scout's niche (what does he bring to the fight that is needed but brought by no one else?)
[*]What's the Jenquai Seeker's niche (What needed attribute does she bring that no one else can?)
[/list]

For now, that knowledge will be kept internal. The only thing I'll say for sure is that this phase will not last as long as the previous set (ST4/Alpha) did.
  • Upvote 2

Hey Kyp honest question. Why does the project development need to be kept secret? Wouldnt it make more sense to reveal whats being worked on so bugs and suggestions can be addressed as its developed? Might save time, honestly.

I get that its probably to keep us intrigued to a point, and maybe to simply being bothered and so on by "this that and do that" but i dunno, larger community input at the time of development itself actively could speed the process.

i mean we all just wanna get to gold, right?