Do you play window mode or full screen

Do you play window mode or full screen  

153 members have voted

1. 1. Primarily, do you play EnB in window mode or full screen?

• Window Mode
    • Full Screen
    • I want waffles

This interests me a lot, what is it that you use. I play EnB in windowed mode, but I am a bit sick of the need to tab out heh.

It'd help me out a lot ^_^

I'm using free tool AutoHotKey. Is really nice scripting engine, where you can bind actions to hot-keys. here is code snip which make you resize and switch two E&B instances with ease:

#SingleInstance force
; Forced only one instace
#WinActivateForce
; Force activate window (prevent taskbar buttons from flashing)
; Fill global variables, it is necessary for reloading script and fetching correct IDs
WinGet, IDs, list, ahk_Class G
if IDs >= 2
{
 ID1 := IDs1 ; get 1st window ID
 ID2 := IDs2 ; get 2nd window ID
}
MX1 := 0 ; save mouse for instance switching
MY1 := 0
MX2 := 0
MY2 := 0
return
>#F12:: Reload
>#F11:: ExitApp
>#F10:: ; Enumerate E&B windows, resize, move and strip Windows gadgets use it at least once after E&B start
 WinGet, IDs, list, ahk_Class G
 if IDs >= 2
 {
	ID1 := IDs1 ; get 1st window ID
	WinSet, Style, -0xC00000, ahk_id %ID1% ; remove titlebar
	WinSet, Style, -0x800000, ahk_id %ID1% ; remove border
	WinMove, ahk_id %ID1%,,0,0,640,480 ; move and resize
	ID2 := IDs2 ; get 2nd window ID
	WinSet, Style, -0xC00000, ahk_id %ID2% ; remove titlebar
	WinSet, Style, -0x800000, ahk_id %ID2% ; remove border
	WinMove, ahk_id %ID2%,,640,0,640,480 ; move and resize
 }
 return
>#A:: ; Switch to 1st instance
 if ID1 <> 0
 {
	MouseGetPos, MX2, MY2 ; store mouse pos in this instance
	WinActivate, ahk_id %ID1%
	if MX1 + MY1 > 0
 	MouseMove, MX1, MY1, 0 ; restore mouse in new instance
 }
 return
>#B:: ; Switch to 2nd instance
 if ID2 <> 0
 {
	MouseGetPos, MX1, MY1 ; remember where mouse was in this instance
	WinActivate, ahk_id %ID2%
	if MX2 + MY2 > 0
 	MouseMove, MX2, MY2, 0 ; restore mouse in 2nd instance
 }
 return

on RightWin + A it will switch to instance A and on RightWin + B will switch to instance B. You need at least once use RightWin + F10 after launching both E&B clients to arrange client windows. I'd use small example for 640 x 480 windows, because I wanted produce snapshot and I have in office just 1280 x 1024 screen. But it works on any resolution just adjust numbers in WinMove I'm using home resolution 800 x 600.

and here is nice picture how it looks E&B window side by side without any Windows gadgets

BTW I want add some tips. I can make window bigger than 800 x 600, E&B windows can overlap and switching still works. I even make one E&B windows smaller and blend it into bigger one some kind of PiP and switch windows size and position on instance switch. I call that function PiP switch where main window come to PiP when I switching instances and PiP instance become main window. With AutoHotkey is possible to make any window transparent.

Thanks to posibility to run more than one instace of E&B on one computer I can use all gadgets what I did use in World of Warcraft where I did run full group multibox and I did use all these kinds of trick with multiwindow on one computer with one main window for master toon and smaller windows for all slaves. With tools what I do have (HotKeynet) I can dupe mouse clicks over all instances and I'm able play all toons actively. Actually I do play 3 E&B toons and all are active when I play (I'm using all three for fight) buffing, healing and shooting even CCing mob. Before I need to use three computers now I can do it on single computer. Adventage running all three on one computer is smaller latency on key reaction. Network communication always have bigger latency than sending key on same computer to 3 different windows.

Some ppl think thats crazy idea, but in fact I do it in all MMO games what I do play past E&B where I did start dual box. As I count it is over 8 years I do actively multiboxing. Most active accounts I had in EVE where I run crazy group of 6 proactive pirates, hunting people around 0.0 space.

Edited by Aelita

In case anyone is interested, (this post is kind of long and may not be interesting to some people) yesterday I posted that I was going to try running 4 clients at once on my computer. I don't have all the details of my home computers hardware because I am not at home right now, but I am running windows 7 and have 4 gb RAM and I think a 2.6 processor and 7 mb/s wireless DSL.

I think this is the way it was in live and pretty sure this is the way it is now, if you group with just one other player and tour them around the galaxy, the veteran player will pick up a small amount of additional explore xp for every discovered nav that the newbie hasn't seen yet, however the newbie will not get as much xp as if they had found the nav exploring on their own. However if you group like 3 to 4 or more and take them around, everyone would get more xp than they would going by themselves. I wish I would have kept track of the exact xp that I was picking up, but basically I had an OL48 PP and an OL14 PW that I had been running dual-client for the last week or so. Last night I created a JE and a TT, did some of the real basic beginning stuff (think I got them both to OL4) then I had my PP/PW combo go and pick them up at their respective global gates and then took all 4 in a group back to Somer and did one trade run from Somer to Fenris and back. By the time I was done, the PP was up to OL50, PW was OL20, TT and JE were both like OL13.

At the time I was doing this, there were probably 290 people on, it was a little choppy warping, (not so annoying that it made you want to stop) and a lot of people in Somer, so it was really choppy when I was in there trying to sell everything. Not nearly as bad in Fenris.

Overall I would say its a decent way to get some explore and trade xp for multiple toons at once, I don't know if I want to try combat yet, maybe when I get higher level on my JE that can create some decent group buffs, I don't have a lot of experience with group combat, so any input on that aspect would be accepted and appreciated.

Edited by Grendwal

Btw, you're not supposed to use more than 3 toons at once. Really, I think you're not even supposed to have more than 3 accounts. Unless you're causing problems (lagging the server, doing something nefarious, etc.), it should be ok, but just a word of warning.

Excellent point, I guess if everyone tried doing that many at once, that would fill the server up in a hurry. I think I will just restrict my use to two at a time. ^_^

And really the only real point to having more than one client running is the ability to trade easily between toons without having to try to find someone else in the area to do it for you.

Edited by Grendwal

Oh, and after a "discussion" ingame last week, there was a difference of opinion of which config program to use. I was telling another player to use net7 config, and another player was telling them to use enb config. I could be wrong, but I thought we were supposed to use net7 config utility.

Oh, and after a "discussion" ingame last week, there was a difference of opinion of which config program to use. I was telling another player to use net7 config, and another player was telling them to use enb config. I could be wrong, but I thought we were supposed to use net7 config utility.

Both work fine. If one doesn't work, trying the other is reasonable.

Edit: Most posts from "Tech" people I've seen are relating to EBConfig over N7 one.

Edited by Heirku

I used the ENBConfig because i couldn't even find the Net7 one...i have no idea where it is!

Do a search and type in Config, and should be Net 7 Config or something. (Search Files) it's in EA folder I believe somewhere. That's how I found mine then dragged it to desktop.

O.K. getting back on topic :)

I used to use full screen mode, but am now using windowed. Full screen is better for effect and atmosphere, but as I'm usually playing between tasks (at least recently doing trade runs) so switching is much easier in windowed. As others have mentioned, I too have had a few problems switching from full screen back to the desktop.

Finally, I want waffles - the ones I had this morning were not enough!

• 4 weeks later...

2 accounts, 2 boxes,both full screen.

i just hit the windows key to goto desktop :)

waffles is good, i like baconpotatocheeseegg on flour with avacado slices :)

Edited by Blattu

One day I ran 6 accounts on my computer, just to see if I could. It ran, but it was choppy enough that I would never actually play that way. That was on a dual core athlon black edition (2.6ghz i think), 4gb ram, and geforce 9800GT.

If I'm playing one character by itself, I run 1280x1024 windowed mode, so I can still see IMs and stuff. If I want to 2 log, i switch to 800x600 windowed and run them side by side.

interesting that someone posted things were choppy when there were more than 300 people on. I've never noticed any difference when there are a lot of people online - the server is still only running at around 2-8% processor capacity and the bandwidth usage is barely registering.

I suspect running several clients side by side is the culprit.

Have any solo players (anyone with a reasonable connection that is - I know there's one or two people out there connecting via hobby modems from Timbuktu who get dropout) experienced choppy warp when a lot of people are online? The only thing I can put it down to if you do (I've never seen it) is that a lot of packets from people doing a lot of things is causing this effect.

I think if you were to warp through 2-3 combat groups fighting mobs together you'd probably see a bit of chop, but otherwise it's probably a processor issue, the processor can't keep up with doing multiple clients.

I play on 3 PC's the 20" monitor I play in window mode.

I like window mode because I can switch between apps (Slayerman's data, My favorite galaxy map and Team Speak).

When I'm building or looking for something to kill I like leaving Slayerman's open so I can easyly check my comps or mobs.

When starting a new char its too easy just to move the cursor off the game to my needed Map to find out where my nearest NAV, asteroid or moon is or if free Warpping becomes necessary.

When I'm on TS (although I have not been in a while as Evermore stated :) )

Its nice to see who just entered or who is talking.

I suspect running several clients side by side is the culprit.

Have any solo players (anyone with a reasonable connection that is - I know there's one or two people out there connecting via hobby modems from Timbuktu who get dropout) experienced choppy warp when a lot of people are online? The only thing I can put it down to if you do (I've never seen it) is that a lot of packets from people doing a lot of things is causing this effect.

I think if you were to warp through 2-3 combat groups fighting mobs together you'd probably see a bit of chop, but otherwise it's probably a processor issue, the processor can't keep up with doing multiple clients.

I am somewhat of a solo player tester if you will. ;)

Multiple clients ?

Are you saying on one PC ? Or

On one LAN ?

I have played on 3 PC's at the same time and experienced the chopping action. For some reason although I can't conferm now it seems to happen more when I free warp and / or when we're close to the sector edge.

I noticed that some of the Moons and planets are not registering the distance to warp to correctly. At 46.00k I have not been able to warp to some planets to get the explore XP. (error to close to warp)

My connection info Gigabit LAN on very fast cable ISP.

Ooops, forgot One of the PC's is wireless G low signal. :)

Phorlaug...

Edited by Phorlaug

For those of you who are wondering how to move the windows in Win7 you have to Shift + Right click the tab in the taskbar. It will than bring up those options that were in XP to move, maximize, and minimize the window.

For those of you who are wondering how to move the windows in Win7 you have to Shift + Right click the tab in the taskbar. It will than bring up those options that were in XP to move, maximize, and minimize the window.

omfg thank you... i was wondering what happened to all those options...

Im now running two pc's with two monitors using synergy. It allows you to easily control both pc's using just one keyboard and mouse by simply moving the mouse pointer to whichever screen you want to control. The only drawback is you have to run both games in full screen otherwise the window wont release the mouse pointer and you are stuck once again having to alt+tab. I also setup a couple macros so I dont have to mouse over to the other screen while in combat to tell the other computer what to do like targeting, activating buffs, etc.

For those of you with only one computer on hand but two monitors I would assume you can do that same sort of thing so long as you have a decent enough rig to run a second client in a VM on the second monitor. It would be a big hit in performance compared to just running the second client off you main OS, but you would at least rid your self of having to alt+tab between clients and added ease of macroing would more than make up for it.

Usually run windowed on my computer so I can use the second monitor for Databases, Teamspeak, Trillian, MechLab, etc. My computer doesn't like alt-tabbing from fullscreen or that''s what I would use. The Wife runs hers fullscreen, and our guest computer runs fullscreen.

I wish I could get this to work. I get two copies of the game open and running, but they both seem force to run on my primary monitor. I've tried everything I can think of and even installed Ultramon, but still I can't get one of the instances of the game to move to my secondary monitor. If anyone has any other ideas, I'd sure like to hear them. I'd love to be able to play two instances of the game at the same time.

I wish I could get this to work. I get two copies of the game open and running, but they both seem force to run on my primary monitor. I've tried everything I can think of and even installed Ultramon, but still I can't get one of the instances of the game to move to my secondary monitor. If anyone has any other ideas, I'd sure like to hear them. I'd love to be able to play two instances of the game at the same time.

You can only game off the primary monitor, its a graphic card limitation. But you dont need to use a secondary monitor to run two clients you can do that on the same monitor. All you need to do is start the game up as normal, alt+tab out, and start up a second client as you did the first. Just make sure to create a second game account here.

Edited by Evildoer