Server Status (outdated)

[quote name='Hypnos' timestamp='1312868844' post='44502']
Ya........me too

*waves at Tsu*
[/quote]

Heads up, just noticed this when having issues transitioning from station to space. Check task manager and if you have several net7proxy.exe's running then it would be best if you killed those processes and the client.exe and then reloaded. If you force close the client.exe it will not close the net7proxy.exe as well and having multiple instances of that open could cause you to have transitioning problems.

Just a thought

Bitstorm

So you guys know, the server is up now, but it's still having login problems. You will get in if you try long enough, but try leaving the game alone for 10 minutes or so if your login doesn't immediately succeed. Something is getting stuck in the login code which is causing the server to freak out when there is a higher number of logins occurring simultaneously. I'm waiting for the performance profiler report to be processed on the server so we can pinpoint the problem area of the code. If all goes well, the server will be fully fixed some time tomorrow, but the login troubles will continue until at least then.

[quote name='C Del' timestamp='1312872507' post='44505']
So you guys know, the server is up now, but it's still having login problems. You will get in if you try long enough, but try leaving the game alone for 10 minutes or so if your login doesn't immediately succeed. Something is getting stuck in the login code which is causing the server to freak out when there is a higher number of logins occurring simultaneously. I'm waiting for the performance profiler report to be processed on the server so we can pinpoint the problem area of the code. If all goes well, the server will be fully fixed some time tomorrow, but the login troubles will continue until at least then.
[/quote]

is it really login problems if we are getting stuck between station and space?

Surely that is beyound the login server and into game code.

Not necessarily. The process you go through to change sectors is essentially the same as when you first enter a sector, with the exception that your data is not loaded from the database and you don't need to log in again with your account credentials or select your avatar. A problem in the code which is common between the two processes would affect both.

Also, It seems Tienbau may have found a solution to the problem, but it's hard to confirm just yet.

yeah it probably isn't DDoS, but it is odd how it's just suddenly started and there hasn't been any source change. Also I'm finding I'm getting disconnected even after a successful login.

I will work on the server login system first - I think there could be a few improvements anyway. This is the system that takes you from when you select your avatar to where you're first logged in.

The login server (which seems to be running ok) hands off correctly to the main server, but the problem is between that handoff and actually getting into the game for the first time. I'm just a bit baffled because it's been handling large numbers of logins fine for months without any changes.

• 2 weeks later...
Was it a crash or a restart? Just waiting to see when next content/patch kicks in with baited breath. Strike that..I'm just wanting in at all, don't need to be a push :D

Was it a crash or a restart? Just waiting to see when next content/patch kicks in with baited breath. Strike that..I'm just wanting in at all, don't need to be a push :(

[quote name='Overtkill' timestamp='1313781628' post='44914']
And no one to be found in teamspeak either... :D
[/quote]

Me too. I hope when I log back in I'll be at the edge of the sector in an undiscovered ore field full of goodies.

[quote name='Kyp' timestamp='1309049520' post='42599']
It is going to be a fix for Mobs. It was a mob that caused your pain. Somehow, he took damage, but ceased to be there before taking damage, or at least so it seems.

Someone I know would have a cow:

[img]http://ih1.redbubble.net/work.6278978.1.sticker,375x360.doc-brown-great-scott-v1.png[/img]

Its something relating to some changes Tienbau made, and he really needs to see them. I could restart it, yes, but it would be a setback for solving a persistent problem. It looks like he's gonna be having a look at it now so hopefully real soon we'll be back up and running.

*edit*

Also, sorry for the extensive downtime folks, I was setting up a swimming pool. Its been a [b]lot[/b] of [b]fun[/b].

*edit2*

Should be starting now.
[/quote]

By chance if you guys are aware of the problem you could put it in the lauchnet7 window so we know you are already aware of the issue and we don't need to post it? Same when you are doing patches or content updates( http://www.net-7.org/launcherupdates/ )
  • Upvote 1

[quote name='Alessan' timestamp='1313866663' post='44962']
By chance if you guys are aware of the problem you could put it in the lauchnet7 window so we know you are already aware of the issue and we don't need to post it? Same when you are doing patches or content updates( http://www.net-7.org/launcherupdates/ )
[/quote]

Seconded...! I asked this very question in TS a while back... Good idea! :D