Server Status (outdated)

[quote name='usernotfound' timestamp='1312851696' post='44457']
hey useually i try to log in if i have a prob i check here . one thing you have to understand is not everyone checks here , so you can blame them for not checking here but when you see players online and dont know any better your gonna keep trying . so theres no use yelling at those who do not listin .
[/quote]

Ya, The original poster used a larger font to say he "Still" could not get in so i used a bigger font again to try and be a bit funny. Plus I got the impression he was trying repeatedly trying to log in, now that he had been on the forum he should know why he cant get in and could just wait for the all clear.

Repeated attempts to log in just create lots of traffic that loads the server and looks like a DDOS attack as the same IP's keep turing up every few seconds for hours at a time.

Example

Imagine the server is at normal load with 140 people online and approximatly 60 people logining in and out every hour. This make for an average of two requests per minute.

Now imagine the server is having trouble and there are 40 people trying to log in and pressing the check button every 30 seconds. This makes for an average of 80 requests per minute. A 4000% increase in server requests......

I was able to login two chars, with my pt in NE at the station I could do whatever, buy, analyze, jobs term worked, talked to NPCs. The other char I undocked, took a few minutes, once out of station I tried to swap out the engine and reactor, the timers would count down but they would not install. Undocked the other char and hung on map.

I have to completely re-download the updates everytime I wanna login to game, getting a little sick of it - full reinstall, reboot of computer and router box and cable modem - none of it helped. If I don't completely re-download the updates everytime it simply crashes to desktop the moment I hit enter on my password. Anyway, my attempts at logging in are most definitely NOT every few seconds......

[quote name='Bitstorm' timestamp='1312855841' post='44470']
Kyp,

Is there a way to revert the patch back to previous for the time being? This may solve the issue at least for now.

Bitstorm
[/quote]

haha I hope there is a way to revert... I want a few items aboce 125% before the patch =)

Logged in toon A w no real issue, yet said toon was DOA (no mobs even close by). Attempted to log in toon B to JS toon A to no avail. Attempted restart of toon A but.....Oh well......you know the rest....

And I even made coffee and a sandwich.....

Logged in, noticed right away it was quite laggy. Over shooting warp end destinations, mobs taking their time to attack me sort of thing. Gating taking exceptionally long. For the time being still logged in and changing sectors but may not last long before I too get stuck at map screen.

Edit: Clarification on warp - warp routes along several nav markers not in a straight line, at any of the markers can carry on in a straight line without turning toward the next marker. Taking a few seconds to cancel warp or start warp.

Edit: And as if by magic the lag suddenly clears up. Edited by Lot

I logged in fine, foudn myself dead, took a tow half way around the galaxy to somewhere I did not need to be :P

Manufactured a few things and the server is now rebooting again.

So I am guessing they are close to a fix.