Server Status (outdated)

This is a total bumber, I just got down downloading updates for the 3rd time need to know if its even possible for my client to connect to server through proxy. :D

However having notifier's Roxors, it safes both time and questions. :D

[quote name='Lot' timestamp='1314002460' post='45023']
Server crashed @ 0437 EST approx.
[/quote]

It's dead, Mimir, dead, Mimir, dead, Mimir, dead.

(Trekking across the universe cancelled).

Normal service resumed; it was only a partial crash just of the internet facing components (speculation) as everyone playing on the server got ejected for a while and could then login again after a few minutes. Uptime shows server core kept running.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Don't have a clue, wasn't our system as far as we know. We made 0 repairs. Just went down for a while, then returned. I had assumed there was some sort of major outage somewhere today, either in EU where the server is or here. I couldn't reach the sites through any browser on any ISP I have connection to, but some people are reporting that they could.

Hmm, this might or could possibly related to the routing issues in the support area...

I could do a traceroute as far as 1and1's doorstep, but the internal addresses used to reach any of the Net-7 or Emu host servers failed, and I tried tracing all 3. Someone, whoever deals with them should call and bite them in the rear and get some time reimbursement and some answers.

Thanks for your reply Kyp.

-Overt.

PS. -If Chamberlain's issue is still on about the 135 ping, its likely a location problem. Egress from the states is in Texas (Dallas), and goes to London on the same provider, and that jump alone adds around 100ms to the ping simply because of the physical distance traveled.

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='Syberfly' timestamp='1318022668' post='47100']
It was time for the Hamster to get the claws clipped :rolleyes: ...
[/quote]

its being looked at now

thanks Blacklung for letting us know the staff is aware that its down and being looked at...hope its a quick and easy fix...because i need my game fix lol Edited by Tsunami

[img]http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/563/627/53346611_display_image.jpg?1292279371[/img]

Called on the Server for unnecessary roughness.

(This may take a minute.)

Good lord no, only a crash in Microsoft's std lib from the appearances thereof. (if it makes sense to you, but nothing with the server or any kinda other mumbo jumbo.)

[quote name='Kyp' timestamp='1318028833' post='47110']
Good lord no, only a crash in Microsoft's std lib from the appearances thereof. (if it makes sense to you, but nothing with the server or any kinda other mumbo jumbo.)
[/quote]

Microsoft and crash -- 2 words that are as synonymous as Lies and Weapons of Mass Destruction

[quote name='Kyp' timestamp='1318028833' post='47110']
[/quote]

Ok,

I don't understand computer tech that much at all...but I do understand that I will go thru bad shaking and trmebling, a slew of curse words via turrettes, and a enormous amount of grief is the game isn't back on soon. Please, goin' thru withdrawals here. I gotsta have my EnB fix!

thanks,

Wolfman/Quartermaine