Net-7 Status - Partially Rebuilt

Kyp

8 minutes ago, Cider1 said:

The withdraw from ENB is real playing other games is ok but i am looking forward to the day when KYP says game on.  :)

Me too

• Like 1

been playing wow to get my attention off of it but still check when i get home and when i am at a lul in the game and before i go to bed ssssssoooo i never did a raid in live i am looking forward to said situation i just hung out with friends killing everything i saw with me pw 

Guest Sioux

Funny game - 

1) how many times per day does everyone check this post for the big news?! Me - probably 10+ 😂

2) How many times do you open the launcher hoping it’s up for casual “no telling it’s up - light load test” Me - couple of times per week 😂😂

Lol guys the DEVS that are working on fixing the servers do have their own lives first that takes priority. They are working as best as they can to get everything back up and running. Just have to bare with it until all is well again.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

On 3/14/2023 at 10:50 PM, Guest Sioux said:

Funny game - 

1) how many times per day does everyone check this post for the big news?! Me - probably 10+ 😂

2) How many times do you open the launcher hoping it’s up for casual “no telling it’s up - light load test” Me - couple of times per week 😂😂

I inly check here once a day. but i try the launcher many multiple times a day. every time i sit down at at pc.  even at work

On 3/15/2023 at 12:53 AM, Trickster said:

I have to check here, because when I TRY to open the launcher, it won't open the window anymore.

And I check probably one per day in average.

I ran into this issue.  Check the user.config file under C:\Users\<your user id>\AppData\Local\LaunchNet7\ there will probably be other directories under here but you should be able to get to the user.config file.  Just be sure if there are multiple directories to use the most current one (check the date on the directory).  The line you want to update is:

<setting name="FormMainPosition" serializeAs="String">
                <value>208, 208</value>
            </setting>

Mine was set to something like -1400, -1400 so the window was off the screen.  Changing it to something above 0 should restore the window into view.  Hope that helps.

Edited by Crusader
  • Upvote 1

Well..

I think we are getting anxious a bit. I am for certain i religiously check this feed hoping to see KYP with an update.

I know there are a lot of lines of code to sift though. Everyone keep hanging in there.

• Upvote 2

On 3/15/2023 at 7:53 AM, Trickster said:

I have to check here, because when I TRY to open the launcher, it won't open the window anymore.

And I check probably one per day in average.

I ran into this issue.  Check the user.config file under C:\Users\<your user id>\AppData\Local\LaunchNet7\ there will probably be other directories under here but you should be able to get to the user.config file.  Just be sure if there are multiple directories to use the most current one (check the date on the directory).  The line you want to update is:

<setting name="FormMainPosition" serializeAs="String">
                <value>208, 208</value>
            </setting>

Mine was set to something like -1400, -1400 so the window was off the screen.  Changing it to something above 0 should restore the window into view.  Hope that helps.

Edited 1 hour ago by Crusader

That did certainly help me, now I can see my launcher window again. Thx :))

Guest Darthdiddy aka Gordon
On 2/24/2023 at 10:24 AM, Kyp said:

We'd been trying to keep up with things on Facebook too but I'm just going to centralize things we know and what we're doing here and link it back there going forward. If you have questions, feel free to post, we'll answer as soon as we can. High level on things that happened and where we're going:

• We were attacked by a broadly spread "spray" attack known as esxiArgs, which is a ransomware for the VMWare environment older than a certain version. It exploited a service in older versions of VMWare if it could reach it to gain admin authority and thus control of the disks.
  • Fortunately, we got an early version of this ransomware and it was possible to retrieve the vast majority of our data

What we decided:

• It was time for a new host, and to leave the last host because while this is also on us, there is really no reason keeping this level of service up to date shouldn't have been easier.
  • We acquired a new host and a new separate web hosting plan in order to help reduce costs AND server maintenance outside of improvements to the game. We have migrated our data here.
  • We had to build out the new environment and protective mechanisms and tested 
  • Because what we were hit with was a security issue with a version of our software, we decided that as part of this we would upgrade all of the major software involved. This led to some issues with the database imports. We are working through these issues.
  • After the databases are restored and available the sites should mostly be online (already in physical place they're just missing databases, we will check them out and confirm the state passes and some testing is done. Once all is confirmed we'll be setting up the game server again. << YOU ARE HERE
  • The Game Server, the part you care about of course :), it's dependent on those websites / DBs in the previous two steps... so as soon as these are done we should be able to bring the game server itself up pretty quickly.

Well I am sorry to here about the attack i hope you guys have a easier time restoring things from here on in. I've been checking in on and off for the past year trying to get back on today is one of those days, but sadly a year back had to do a password recovery and lost my account altogether and could use some real help some day when ya'll get a chance plz n ty.

6 hours ago, markemt said:

We have not had an update in 2 weeks..... I think this speak volumes of what these people think about us. 2 weeks.  Totally unacceptable.

Seriously dude ?  These " people" don't owe you didly-squat. How much are you paying to play this game ? Huh ?  How much have you donated this past year ? 

You know what's "unacceptable"  ?    You and your attitude. 

Leave the game , these "people" won't mind a bit. Me included.

• Upvote 3

13 hours ago, markemt said:

We have not had an update in 2 weeks..... I think this speak volumes of what these people think about us. 2 weeks.  Totally unacceptable.

Really?  Your post is what is unacceptable!  

• Upvote 1

• Kyp changed the title to Net-7 Status - Partially Rebuilt
  • Woodstock HGM locked this topic