Net-7 Status - Partially Rebuilt

Kyp

We are currently missing a library file for the intel thread builder (intel tbb) package which is preventing the game server from building for us. This file is 'tbb_debug.lib'. I am looking for a version of this file to use so we can get to the next step. As soon as we get it to build, the game should be up shortly after that.

The bright side of all this, it has taught us a little more about Disaster Recovery so there are some steps/post-mortem to go through but we're going out of our way to make it less able to be taken out like this in the future.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Kyp said:

We are currently missing a library file for the intel thread builder (intel tbb) package which is preventing the game server from building for us. This file is 'tbb_debug.lib'. I am looking for a version of this file to use so we can get to the next step. As soon as we get it to build, the game should be up shortly after that.

The bright side of all this, it has taught us a little more about Disaster Recovery so there are some steps/post-mortem to go through but we're going out of our way to make it less able to be taken out like this in the future.

Try here?

tbb_debug.lib - Search (bing.com)

Searching Github for tbb_debug, found a promising lead:

set DEPENDENCIES_FILE=mmoserver-deps-%DEPENDENCIES_VERSION%.tar.bz2
set DEPENDENCIES_URL=https://github.com/swganh/mmoserver/releases/download/v0.6.0/%DEPENDENCIES_FILE%

from project: https://github.com/swganh/mmoserver

Feels like SWG server might be similar in design to ENB server, so this is probably a really good clue.

Inside: https://github.com/swganh/mmoserver/releases/download/v0.6.0/mmoserver-deps-0.6.0.tar.bz2

886749427_Screenshot2023-04-07at4_06_05PM.thumb.png.d6b47b3afa0a9cc97f8ede1ee11d020b.png

https://github.com/swganh/mmoserver/blob/234db7eb5ea12587931c95f074134d15b23de8ad/tools/windows/postbuild.bat#L20

if %3 == "Debug" (
19 if not exist %2\bin\%3\tbb_debug.dll (
20 xcopy %1\deps\src\tbb\build\vc12\ia32\%3\tbb_debug.dll %2\bin\%3\ /I /Y /s
21 xcopy %1\deps\src\tbb\build\vc12\ia32\%3\tbbmalloc_debug.dll %2\bin\%3\ /I /Y /s
22 )
Edited by JayHiking
Added detail

I'm excited to see the EnB community come together to help solve some of the missing pieces of the this puzzle. keep posting the issues at hand and lets see how the rest of us can help assist with them as a team we are stronger. 

I Love it when we can pitch in and help.

• Upvote 2

Don't know if this info helps or if you know already but:

https://oneapi-src.github.io/oneTBB/main/tbb_userguide/Debug_Versus_Release_Libraries.html

This looks real interesting below... Installation instructions. May get you to the file?

https://github.com/oneapi-src/oneTBB/blob/master/INSTALL.md

Stay well and good luck!

Sadly my coding days are long long past and is beyond me, however I will search through all my MSDN folders I have from 1998-2015 I think from back in the day to see if I can locate the said lib file for you guys.

I do miss the game and it is what it is and i for one will be happy and very  appreciative when it is back up, as a side note i never thought i would miss irritating Woody but here we are and i do lol...

1 hour ago, Cider1 said:

I do miss the game and it is what it is and i for one will be happy and very  appreciative when it is back up, as a side note i never thought i would miss irritating Woody but here we are and i do lol...

hmmmm double secret probation list   roflmao

• Like 2

Heh, found myself sitting and waiting for a Star Citizen patch, thinking "Hey, I haven't played EnB in a while, I should!"

Guess I'm gonna wait for two games. I wish I had any skills to offer to help, but I do not. I hope y'all find the breakthroughs that you need!

So is the game still not playable as of April 12, 2023?  I haven't played this in a very long time so just reading about the attack when I was trying to get back in.  Can't seem to find download information on Net-7 so I'm guessing the game is still unavailable at present?

@DobleMuerto, correct, as of today. the servers are currently offline.  It is unfortunate, but I have the utmost confidence in the DEV team that the server will be rebuilt, updated, and secured so that this kind of attack doesn't repeat itself.  It would appear that they are close to finishing things up, however, there are no timelines as to when it will happen.  Keep checking in, send positive vibes!

Ah, reading this thread brings back memories of just, well heck, yesterday when management sent me  teams message every 5 minutes wanting to know when the fix would be done, and me telling them, you can have it done right or fast, not both. :)

Some of you just need to relax, enjoy the spring time air and maybe play another game or with the kids, pets whatever... I won't say what I want to, to keep it safe for work!  : )

Disaster recovery is never fun,  planning for a disaster recovery is even worse, but once it is all done, you are grateful for drudging thru it to get it done.

Relax Dev team, there is always going to be someone who is just impatient, beings most of you are in IT, you know what I mean.  Enjoy yourself, families and then look at the issues you need to fix.

Always remember what I tell management now, it gets done when it gets done and it will be as right as possible.  Also, say it with a smile on your face knowing you just pissed someone off! :)

• Like 1

On the old server you guys did a great job emulating the original version. I can definitely live with a buggy new version for a while till you get it sorted. All the devs are amazing that they can keep this awesome 20 year old game going. I wish I had the skills to help. but sadly my coding days are past. 

• Like 3