ST4 = Awesome

Yep -- Never thought I would look forward to a wipe, but some parts of me are. Here we go again.

I'll miss the ability to roam as I was able to do.

Yes, it is/was fun ideed.. this time i wont spent SP on worthless skills, hehe... Gonna stay TE this time aswell.. not fibbling with all other classes .. :blink:

Note to devs: Plix let us keep the toons when going from ST4 -> ST5/"emulated-live" :)

Cheers

/Z

Will our current characters be erased completely, or will they just be reset back to 0?

Purged. Gone-ski. Good idea to backup the data from the Character Creator. I've see someone post the info about that somewhere but don't recall if it was here or in the old forum.

Hey, maybe a good idea to pull together helpful hints/tips on how to best prep for server wipe.

Will our current characters be erased completely, or will they just be reset back to 0?

Everything erased completely, you will have to re-register as well. Thread about it in Announcments.

Edit: forgot to ask, what part of the forum will the new link to re-register be? Announcements?

Purged. Gone-ski. Good idea to backup the data from the Character Creator. I've see someone post the info about that somewhere but don't recall if it was here or in the old forum.

Hey, maybe a good idea to pull together helpful hints/tips on how to best prep for server wipe.

Would be interested in how to do this. Thank you.

Ok so now we have some reliable info as to what is happening to server

i think im gonna be spendin my last few days doin research for when i start a fresh in ST4

1 do we know how long ST4 is gonna last

2 when if ever live will be announced

3 will st4 accounts carry over to live if it happens

4 is there gonna be any boost to xp gain during ST4 to compensate for data loss from ST3

5 will i get reasonable answer or just speculation from other players

All I know is that I'm gonna start a TS in ST4, and put points toward Build Engines so people coming in behind me will have my build skill going for them.

We've rebuilt before, we can rebuild again. Levelling characters is half the fun.

Once again I want to thank the Emu Team for the "work" they do. My time in ST3 has been fun and I'll continue to anticipate the same in ST4.

The biggest **HURRAY** for today is for ending the rumors and making the announcement in the Forum. Thanks for the communique!

i think im gonna be spendin my last few days doin research for when i start a fresh in ST4

4 is there gonna be any boost to xp gain during ST4 to compensate for data loss from ST3

1. No

2. Soon

3. No

4. Why should there be? Leveling helps the stress test

5. Specualtion from players that use history as an inticator.

I think Crowley was asking if there would be an account wipe at the end of ST4, in question 3. I would expect that there would be a player wipe at the end of ST4, but whether or not there would be another account wipe, after the one Sunday, would be something for the devs to announce.

Repetitive action stresses nothing but my patience. EXP modifiers allow more people to test more content in a shorter amount of time.

Perhaps. Or, alternatively, the rapid leveling causes many to fly right past game experiences that now are *not* being tested and maybe need to be.

Edited to add: EnB Emu Team, please make it clear somewhere on the forums (in the thread with the ST4 announcement would be best, IMO) once ST4 is ready whether or not accelerated XP is enabled so we can avoid the flood of questions in game chat. Either way is fine by me but knowing avoids confusion for all. Thanks.

if i understand the question correctly... if you used character creator to make your toons... there is nothing to backup, just dont uninstall the program and when you login to ST4 your toons will be there...

however, if you did not use character creator to make your toons then they will not appear when you login to ST4... and I know of no way to back up your present toons... what I would suggest is that you take screenshots of them so that you can recreate in CC...

Perhaps. Or, alternatively, the rapid leveling causes many to fly right past game experiences that now are *not* being tested and maybe need to be.

Edited to add: EnB Emu Team, please make it clear somewhere on the forums (in the thread with the ST4 announcement would be best, IMO) once ST4 is ready whether or not accelerated XP is enabled so we can avoid the flood of questions in game chat. Either way is fine by me but knowing avoids confusion for all. Thanks.

As if your's is not in the form of a question but still resembling the same curiosity of that of the masses. imo

The only experience I have seen in-game that which can't be tested nor scripted in-game, yet is a big part of the community in-game it's self is non-other then player communication. Other then that with out player communication in-game, my character feels like hes just another entity created to take up space and cause what we like to call lag in-game.

It's about examining what frustrates us and what brings us the most joy in-game. Sense most of us have forgotten that it is still a stress test the content could go kaputz at any moment in ST4. :) I would like to say the E&B Staff have done a grate job on resurrecting the game, because EnB feels so alive!!! We can hardly remember from the past few days of testing this emulator that E&B was once shutdown for Sunset. :P

I look forward to the more successful work the Devs and Coders put into the Future of E&B and it's New Server!! Woot!!! :)

1. Variable, depending on finalizing new systems as we actually bring them online for you.

2. Not committing to a date here yet. Sorry. :)

3. Probably not, but beta (once we get there) accounts might, depending on circumstance. I don't mean beta testers though, to clarify

4. Nope.

5. Maybe?

From a miner a wish: Much more asteroid fields in ST4, please! And a faster field respawn.

Yeah, seconded. Love lots of asteroid fields. Both safe ones that have more common ores, and dangerous ones where more rare ores may reside.

1. Variable, depending on finalizing new systems as we actually bring them online for you.

2. Not committing to a date here yet. Sorry. :)

3. Probably not, but beta (once we get there) accounts might, depending on circumstance. I don't mean beta testers though, to clarify

4. Nope.

5. Maybe?

ok thank you for the answers the multiplier was directed at earlier posts i had seen from earlier stress tests

i would also like to see asteroids spawn faster if at all possible

the main trouble i have had is with the combat aspect of game as a cl20 will rip through my lvl 5 sheilds atm and i thought it could do with a bit more balanceing and alot of info i have found on the database seems to be flawed as there are alot of unique items that you simply cannot find the spawn locations of

last question i have atm is can we atleast be updated with whats goin on with server asap ie if it goes down as there is a lot of mis information going around when no one knows whats goin on for 12+ hrs