ST4 = Awesome

Guest Murfree

Honestly....jeez, I played JE on live before I played JD. You are suppose to have harder time hunting(try grouping?)...and there are more roids out that it seems than mobs, so JE's already have an easy way to level, other than trade runs. I am pretty sure that mob respawns and roid respawns are set so as one class should not be able to out level the other too quickly. I cannot nor will not flame other classes, but please dont beg for faster leveling. End game content will be there when you get there.

Will our current characters be erased completely, or will they just be reset back to 0?

" We will be doing a full wipe of all the character information and even accounts. We will be posting a link soon as the site up and ready for signups your new account on. We should have this before the end of ST3 so you can sign up early and get your account name you want."

• Upvote 1

It always gets me that the PPL who scream the loudest that the game must be "totally" experienced and nothing must left out or have any help at all in leveling are the ones who spend 14hrs a day every day on the game and have a 150 toon in 10 days. Then level all their other toons after that in half that time. Just to be clear, some of us only spend 10-12 hrs a week on the game and take MONTHS to get a toon to 100. So its not really a big blur for us, and dont mind a bit of help now and then. I will only speak for my self and not for the whole community when I wouldn't mind a weekend every month or two where it is an XP weekend and make an event out of it. For me it would be a nice hats off to the players and stress the game.

My .02

Lespw

No xp boost = more credits while leveling. :)

Yes, so true ! I actually got into trouble with my ship needing new stuff because I reached a lvl, but funds weren't up to par where they normally would have been without the XP-multiplier.

Yes, so true ! I actually got into trouble with my ship needing new stuff because I reached a lvl, but funds weren't up to par where they normally would have been without the XP-multiplier.

lol i didnt think of that... I wondered why i was so broke... too much xp and too little creds

I also agree there. My JT was always hurting for equipment, because she didn't have the money for her equipment. Used trade runs to level her up, Somerled to Fenris, made the bars move faster than doing anything else. Spillover XP got her from EL25 to EL50, and got her CL up to 50.

Honestly....jeez, I played JE on live before I played JD. You are suppose to have harder time hunting(try grouping?)...and there are more roids out that it seems than mobs, so JE's already have an easy way to level, other than trade runs. I am pretty sure that mob respawns and roid respawns are set so as one class should not be able to out level the other too quickly. I cannot nor will not flame other classes, but please dont beg for faster leveling. End game content will be there when you get there.

Flamewar? Maybe you rush always thru a game to play only end game content? No one in this thread has said anything about faster mob respawn.

In live there was a LOT more asteroid and gas fields and the field respawn was not 20 minutes or more. I could fly in a sector from field to field and mine the whole day. This has nothing to do with faster leveling. This has to do how a miner live.

In enb-emulator i try to get star iron ore (a level 3 ore). In live there was in ABA. But in complete ABA i got only 4 (four) asteroids with this ore. and you need a lot of it to build components. Yes you can dismantle it from vendor items, but this is not the way of the miner.

So, again: please give us more asteroid fields in ST4.

In live you had a thing called money and crappy computers that limited what people could do with multiple accounts. Now we have netbooks that can run 2 instances at the same time and those come cheep, not to mention people with triple monitor displays and KVM switches that can run many desktops via 1 keyboard. So the timer between respawns on mining fields was jacked up to prevent bot mining and yet the devs have said they put out more fields in out of the way places. You need to get out of Glenn and find them. This reset will be a boon to miners now though as this time around there is no refining bug so that means explorers will be in demand for those fields that have mobs in them.

As I usually say when asking for a group, "I want CL, you want EL. You do your thing. I'll do mine."

As for credits and leveling, after the Rollback my scout had an EL 41 and TL 34. I spent nearly 4 EL mining virtually alone in Pluto & Charon hitting 5 - 7 'roids which meant 4 - 8 ores. I made 10 mil just mining, (keeping what ores the guild would need) refining and vendoring. Without the accelerated exp in place miners will come out very well especially since we will never have to resort to trade runs or job terminals when they come around. I actually hope they never get implemented as all it consisted of was everyone standing in VT waiting for the refresh to pop up to grab the limited Niff Cloud jobs and then rush back to do it again. No wait I take that back, the more people standing there waiting for jobs to refresh the less people there are in my ore fields.

When the game released(originally) there were not enough roid spawns. The devs later added enough to keep leveling, and end game miners, content. If you noticed in your travels there were a whole lot of asteroid xxx (where x=whatever number) with nothing at all near them. These HAD gas and roid spawns, in live, after the devs realized they screwed up with not enough roids for miners to level properly when the game released.

Respawns were never based on time. they were based on field clear, and then how far away you traveled after the field clear. Example....you clear area, travel 25k away, wait 1 minute, travel back..and boom....brand new field again. The 30 minute timer now in effect worked great with accelerated leveling, not so great with standard xp and will make mining both longer and tedious as the game develops (without job terminals).

Anyway, back to the point. If there is still going to be a 30 min respawn on fields, then more fields must be added for explorer classes to level properly compared to the combat classes.

sorry to ruin your hopes, but job terminals will still not be in game yet. And there will be no large amount of new content as we switch to ST4. We will not promise new content immediately, but once we switch servers you will probably see new content more quickly. at least at first.

ST3->ST4 is mostly just switching the server to a better one. It will help stability, but don't expect it to be too different.

Flamewar? Maybe you rush always thru a game to play only end game content? No one in this thread has said anything about faster mob respawn.

In live there was a LOT more asteroid and gas fields and the field respawn was not 20 minutes or more. I could fly in a sector from field to field and mine the whole day. This has nothing to do with faster leveling. This has to do how a miner live.

In enb-emulator i try to get star iron ore (a level 3 ore). In live there was in ABA. But in complete ABA i got only 4 (four) asteroids with this ore. and you need a lot of it to build components. Yes you can dismantle it from vendor items, but this is not the way of the miner.

So, again: please give us more asteroid fields in ST4.

I kinda like how they got the mining setup. True the more ppl jump into the game as a miner the fewer the majority and chances to mine an ore become, but your mistaken without examining the GAME! So once again that's where the fun begins. Without job terminals these clearing ore field bonuses are purposely made for that reason because exploration jobs accelerated the xp in LIVE not the speed of ore fields spawning.

I like to fight for chance although soon as a miner you might bitch and complaining about 6 men group clearing a field you were once mining on. The horse race to killing a BOSS or clearing a field is what bring me joy in the game. Not the uber weapons or credits. To fight against another player environmentally if not for credits is a spin in my world of combat.

So you can either join others or loose the fun and become an outcast in the game your choice. I hope anyone who has tested this in ST3 already understand what I'm explaining. Kenu already announced it, were just transferring to the new server nothing more nothing less no new content well be implemented in ST4. ;)

Kenu already announced it, were just transferring to the new server nothing more nothing less no new content well be implemented in ST4. ;)

No new content *to start with*. They do plan on adding plenty of new stuff in ST4, just not on Day 1.

ok thank you for the answers the multiplier was directed at earlier posts i had seen from earlier stress tests

i would also like to see asteroids spawn faster if at all possible

the main trouble i have had is with the combat aspect of game as a cl20 will rip through my lvl 5 sheilds atm and i thought it could do with a bit more balanceing and alot of info i have found on the database seems to be flawed as there are alot of unique items that you simply cannot find the spawn locations of

last question i have atm is can we atleast be updated with whats goin on with server asap ie if it goes down as there is a lot of mis information going around when no one knows whats goin on for 12+ hrs

We haven't begun balancing yet, for the most part. We're still getting all the systems online, then we will go through a balance pass making sure there's plenty of trade, explore, and combat to do to keep everyone busy as well as balancing damage versus mobs and that sort of thing. Whereas the roids are concerned, I will add it to the list, but it most definitely won't be an immediate thing. :lol:

We are actually going to do something in terms of communication. We realized based off a lot of threads that people are feeling this way. Please note that due to the nature of the project and that we're not all here, all the time that we can't necessarily immediately tell you why the server is down. Only those of us who do the programming can debug and restart it. If we just restart willy nilly, then we never get anywhere towards live. I know it sucks to be without the game for a bit, but look at it from another perspective. What's 12 hours if you've already waited 5 years?

In regards to major systems, we're working on the final steps of code for the Job terminal system. I can't give an exact timeframe yet, but just take the word Soonâ„¢ in typical DEV fashion:P;)

Kyp

We haven't begun balancing yet, for the most part. We're still getting all the systems online, then we will go through a balance pass making sure there's plenty of trade, explore, and combat to do to keep everyone busy as well as balancing damage versus mobs and that sort of thing. Whereas the roids are concerned, I will add it to the list, but it most definitely won't be an immediate thing. :lol:

We are actually going to do something in terms of communication. We realized based off a lot of threads that people are feeling this way. Please note that due to the nature of the project and that we're not all here, all the time that we can't necessarily immediately tell you why the server is down. Only those of us who do the programming can debug and restart it. If we just restart willy nilly, then we never get anywhere towards live. I know it sucks to be without the game for a bit, but look at it from another perspective. What's 12 hours if you've already waited 5 years?

Kyp

thanks for the feedback, Kyp!

I think most of the player base would be happy with just being told that the Team knows the server is down (or whatever the problem du jour may be) and that it's being worked on and future updates will be made as they are known. It's not the outages, per se, it's the not knowing and then, of course, the confusion and misinformation that comes from the rampant speculation and rumor mongering that such situations invite.

Using the Announcements section - or something similar/better once the new portal is live - to be the home of all official communication and status updates to the player base would allow everyone to know where the answers are - and if they aren't there, then nobody knows right now but keep checking - in that *one* official place.

This is indeed the reason the Board wanted that Portal to be created for us. So we could provide communication for everyone on a more timely basis.

Kyp