OK, it's up and live. Link:
Hopefully it performs better than the Flash map which has a tendency to use 100% CPU resources.
Here's the updated to-do list:
- Not sure exactly what the 'nav_type', 'is_huge', 'exploration_range', and 'object_radius_patch' fields in 'sector_nav_points' mean.
- Currently I only take 'in_radar' into account when determining what to draw. Should I refer to them instead?
- Should determine how much EL a NAV point awards, and how much can be gained per sector in total.
- Not sure what to look for. 'base_xp' is always set to 0 in the database.
+ Check if planets/stations can also 'gate_to' somewhere...
+ Done. They can.
+ The 'sector_gate_to' data seems to be messed up.
+ All objects that appear in radar should go in the NAV group, regardless of type.
+ Only the NAV collection should contain objects that appear in radar. MOB and ore collections should be filtered so that they do not contain any of these objects.
+ Decided not to due to unique data that appears for each object type. They are simply displayed multiple times (i.e. once per collection) instead.
- Not sure how to differentiate between the planets and moons.
- Might have to do so manulally.
- Not sure what the 'intelligence', 'bravery', and 'altruism' fields in 'mob_base' mean, and whether they are worth listing.
+ MOBs and loot need to have levels displayed as well.
- Not sure what the 'mob_count' field in 'sector_objects_mob' means.
- Is it the number of MOBs per spawn point, regardless of the associated creatures?
- What if the value is 1 and there are multiple creatures referenced? Are more than one spawned?
- Need to determine whether MOBs are ships, organics, etc.
- The database only lists numeric codes. Do not know what the codes correspond to.
- Not a big priority, regardless, since people tend to know this beforehand.
+ Add the MOB relative distribution data to the sectors table. Gather and add similar data about ore.
- Not sure what the 'fields' and 'pop_rock_chance' fields mean in 'sector_objects_harvestable'.
- Is 'fields' the shape of the resource field? I.e. circle, sphere, etc.?
- cannot figure out where the respawn times for ore are in the database.
+ Not sure what the number after the name in the 'descr' field of 'assets' means.
+ Represents the differently colored 3D models: cyan, yellow, magenta. Has been removed.
- Drop items have varying quantities which should maybe be listed.
- Not important enough, IMO.
- There is no way in the database to determine exactly *which* MOBs drop *which* items, AFAIK.
- When changing the zoom levels, the scroll amounts should be scaled properly as well.
- Show mouse coordinates.
- Maybe just list object coordinates in tooltips instead.
+ Show system names next to sector names.
- Add another map for the galaxy with locations of systems/sectors.
- Add images for planets and moons.
- Is there a way to differentiate between the two in the database?
- Add a search box.
- Not likely.
+ Make sure status of checkmarks and other input elements are analyzed or reset when refreshing the browser.
+ Done. All settings except checkboxes are retained after a browser refresh. Checkboxes are reset.
- Test in multiple browsers.
- Add individual 'Label' checkboxes for each group to toggle group labels.
- Only if people complain.