Server Status (outdated)

[quote name='meepmeep' timestamp='1340381035' post='59437']
........lightning hits a tree near to server and presto EMP or electro magnetic pulse does the rest .....
[/quote]

And we all think EMP weapons are useless....

you are from South Africa fireribs? I once got an email from a prince who lived there that needed my credit card for a currency exchange...I don't normally loan people money...so I didn't.

I count it as the one that got away...I could have been rich right now and bought the emu a new log in server and a generator that doesn't rely on hamster power. I would upgrade those suckers to squirrels! Oh, and I would buy some coat hangers and a roll of tinfoil to shield the squirrels from EMP.

I hope the log in server is back up soon...I am starting to act weirder than usual.

Good thing you didn't you would have been broke by now, with not even enough will to beg for cash. Well I found some games on my pc which I haven't played for almost 5 months after installing EnB Emu, so I am off to play World in Conflict, I recall being at the mid game missions then.
Amazing how I have been spending all my free time on EnB, who knows I might even spend sometime with the family tonite.

[quote name='Reon' timestamp='1340386795' post='59455']
you are from South Africa fireribs? I once got an email from a prince who lived there that needed my credit card for a currency exchange...I don't normally loan people money...so I didn't.

I count it as the one that got away...I could have been rich right now and bought the emu a new log in server and a generator that doesn't rely on hamster power. I would upgrade those suckers to squirrels! Oh, and I would buy some coat hangers and a roll of tinfoil to shield the squirrels from EMP.

I hope the log in server is back up soon...I am starting to act weirder than usual.
[/quote][quote name='Reon' timestamp='1340386795' post='59455']

[/quote]

use copper it conducts electricity better than a clothes hanger :cluebat: Edited by meepmeep

copper costs too much...the economy is bad, I am sure even the African princes are only slightly rich these days. If money was no object, I would use silver...but, we are on a budget here, which is why I proposed squirrels and coat hangers, rather than minks and silver tubing :w00t:

By the way...if it sounds like I am joking, I probably am...or am I? I need my fix...hit me with that stick again...I think it helped.

OK calculating from the first post, it has been approximately 15 hours since the logon server went down and and over 2 hours since Darkk notified T.P.T.B. This is an awful turnaround time :excl:

What is the longest period the server has been down in the past, does anyone remember? Edited by FireRibs

Its run by volunteers FireRibs , who do this for the love of the game and the community , And cant always jump when the servers hamster goes awol lol , The 'server' was down a few years before so i for one wont get stressed about a few hours , :)

(Now can i have my Hellfire back pretty plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz ? )
  • Upvote 1

I wonder if it might not be wise to give another couple of the devs access to restarting things. Tienbau has been pretty mia for a month now, which of course is what happens with volunteers, but hasnt he always been like the main server dev?

I know rolo does it on occasion, but who else?

I understand that they are volunteers, just as I agree with Ryle. And to quote "If you are gonna do something do it right" and another quote "If you start something see it to the end".
Volunteers or not they should own up :mad:
  • Downvote 4

Little harsh there. They have lives and families.

They arent being paid.

That being said, I wonder if its an expertise thing with the server restarts. Evermore, redoc, kenu and the like just dont possess the proper skillset or whatnot? Yet they are always around, so i dunno, an idea to toss. Edited by Ryle
  • Upvote 2

I see my reputation has gone down to -2 after that last post, well don't just tick me down correct me if I am wrong, show me the error of my ways. Lets discuss it point for point :P
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

Ill tell ya why youre being minused: Youre being a bit of a prick about it. Sure we all want the server up and working, and I am sure like me a lot of us are frustrated we cant play, but only a few select developers can restart it. They are unavailable for whatever private reasons. Im sure some are at work, it is 3pm here after all.

Let me ask ya this much: How much do you pay a month to play this game? Compulsively I mean. Edited by Ryle
  • Upvote 2

LOL just went down to -4, granted I am being a prick yet I would prefer that someone share their views rather than tick me off anonimously. At least you came out and told me so :)
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

[quote name='Crichton' timestamp='1340394520' post='59477']
[img]http://evilspeculator.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/server_problems.png[/img]
[/quote]

I lold.

Somewhere in there is your rogue JD. I wonder if its the one JD logged in right now? XD Wouldnt that be a trip.
  • Upvote 2

[quote name='Ryle' timestamp='1340394643' post='59479']
I lold.

Somewhere in there is your rogue JD. I wonder if its the one JD logged in right now? XD Wouldnt that be a trip.
[/quote]

Nothing to fear my JE would WH his way out of there :)

So those are T.P.T.B. Man are we in trouble :)

Wait Kyp is on the list, hang on folks we will be saved soon, I have complete faith in Kyp. Edited by FireRibs

As frustrating as it is to not be able to play when we want to play, it also needs to be kept in mind that the Devs have to figure out why the server crashed. That debugging has to take place before the hamsters are jump-started otherwise we're just back here again in a few hours wondering when we can play again.
  • Upvote 1