Server Status (outdated)

[quote name='Prrekoorb' timestamp='1340401444' post='59520']
They are probably afk , but if they are on i bet they are praying they dont get a gate/ dock ctd :)
[/quote]

Ive been watching one of them move all over the place, someones actually playing lol

I just want to go on record that you can thank me for my little elevator trick. It appears to have summoned the right kind of positive feedback on the server which we were all looking for. =D

I think that is also the root of the problem, we are all so grateful to the devs for getting this game up and running we dare not criticize them. It is as if they are doing us a favour and thats what everyone else thinks and believes, are they doing us a favour? I know the whole lot of you is going to say yes.
All I ask is that before you give me another negative rating please post your commet something to support it.
How do you think it would look on a developers resume if they put in there that they were part of the EnB emu team and do you think EA is not watching this, this is an investment for them and if EA sticks to its motto it will grab this project at the right time and pay the devs big bugs.
Remember no foul language of any sort when replying to my posts and before you tick me off on another negative rating speak your mind :)
  • Downvote 1

[quote name='FireRibs' timestamp='1340392873' post='59473']
I understand that they are volunteers, just as I agree with Ryle. And to quote "If you are gonna do something do it right" and another quote "If you start something see it to the end".
Volunteers or not they should own up :mad:
[/quote]

Went to work at 7am this morning.. Server crashed around 730. Got home an hour ago, fed cats. Server now up.

Would love to be able to work on the project full time, but I need money to live:(.

Rolo
  • Upvote 1

[quote name='rolo' timestamp='1340402241' post='59528']
Went to work at 7am this morning.. Server crashed around 730. Got home an hour ago, fed cats. Server now up.

Would love to be able to work on the project full time, but I need money to live:(.

Rolo
[/quote]

Well:

1) Thank you very much for everything. =)

2) Sounds like you need to scroll up and listen to that soothing elevator music which I posted. =)
  • Downvote 1

[quote name='FireRibs' timestamp='1340403106' post='59529']
Server has been down for way over 18 hours Rolo and no one works 18 hours
[/quote]you should be thankful that you can play and quit busting there chops, it is free or are you still paying your EA account.

[quote name='Syberfly' timestamp='1340403393' post='59533']
you should be thankful that you can play and quit busting there chops, it is free or are you still paying your EA account.
[/quote]

Thank you, my point exactly just because its free then we are not allowed to criticize is that it :P
  • Downvote 1

[quote name='FireRibs' timestamp='1340403106' post='59529']
Server has been down for way over 18 hours Rolo and no one works 18 hours
[/quote]

other than emergency dispatchers, rescue personnel, factory workers, or any of the other few hundred jobs with shifts longer than 12 hours?

[quote name='FireRibs' timestamp='1340403275' post='59532']
By the way, I am willing to bet money that you have means of monitoring the server at work. Probably gonna get -100 rep for this post
[/quote]

Sorry Fire, You'd lose. I work in a call centre. Secure environment. Can't even have my mobile phone on.

Never said I was at work all that time, Just that I left home at 7AM UK time and got home 1030PM UK time. Went out for a meal with friend straight after work.

Rolo
  • Upvote 4

DING, -7 more rep for me, keep em coming. By your own admission Rolo server was down 30 minutes after you went to work.
Now lets say you work a 12 hour shift which implies it took you 6 hours after work to realise that server was off, am I correct?
  • Downvote 2

[quote name='rolo' timestamp='1340403857' post='59538']
Sorry Fire, You'd lose. I work in a call centre. Secure environment. Can't even have my mobile phone on.

Rolo
[/quote]I also work in a call center Rolo.

[quote name='FireRibs' timestamp='1340404171' post='59539']
DING, -7 more rep for me, keep em coming. By your own admission Rolo server was down 30 minutes after you went to work.
Now lets say you work a 12 hour shift which implies it took you 6 hours after work to realise that server was off, am I correct?
[/quote]
Yup you are correct. If you read my post above, which I editied after seeing another of your posts to provide more info, I had the server back up and running within half an hour of getting home and gaining access to the internet.

Rolo
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Would you shut up, rib

With whiney little **** like you around, its any wonder rolo would give a **** to hit the power button.

Scuse my language but gods sakes. Hell even if you were a paying subscriber id tell you to shut the hell up by this point. Dont even WANT your whiney business. Edited by rolo
Language please

look...rather than finger pointing and everything getting out of hand...lets look for a solution...is there anyway that we can give anyone trustworthy access to server reboots? I know it is summer and the devs are busy, and I do not expect them to work full time on this project. With one or two more people with access, then we would have more TPTB to advise of a situation. I understand if that is not an option, and instead will be content to sit back and make aluminum foil and hamster jokes while waiting for a server reset.

Thankfully I have enough of a life outside of the internet and computer games I can find something else to do.

P.S. I just like playing. So I am more than happy to thank the devs for their work so far, and I won't fly off the handle over a log in server issue. Call it butt kissing or whatever...I just know that you can't ask someone to be 100% devoted to a free project, especially when the community craps out a baby cow because they worked a long shift then had a dinner with friends instead of coming straight home to pander to the 200 people that have a substance abuse problem(myself included).

[quote name='Savanna' timestamp='1340400060' post='59507']
We're terribly sorry for the inconvenience. Your patronage is important to us.

Our technicians are dealing with the problem and we urge you to stand by for further updates.

Thank you for your patience. Please remember that your patronage is important to us. Further information will be made available as soon as possible.

=)
[/quote]

You rock :)

[quote name='Syberfly' timestamp='1340403393' post='59533']
you should be thankful that you can play[b]test[/b] and quit busting there chops, it is free or are you still paying your EA account.
[/quote]
Fixed for you. Server breakage causes are what stress tests are supposed to reveal. We're all doing a pretty good job I'd say :)