Who plays on bigger than 20" monitors?

Hello all

Last night I have ordered a new big monitor and I am wondering how EnB will run on that and how things will be looking.

This is the monitor that I am getting

http://www.buy.com/pr/product.aspx?sku=216602801

Thanks

I think mines a 21" Acer similar to your 23". I play at my max resolution which will also be you max resolution (1920 x 1080). Most verything looks fine once you do the E&B Config. The only thing that is kinda off are the icons in the manu terminal. They are quite blurred unless thats just a bug across the board. Other than that it's all good but maybe a little stretch because of the widescreen resolution which is easy to get used to.

21 and 23" Acer's run in window mode, got Guild Vent and Data bases running at the same time just an easy glance I can keep an eye on everything.

FYI, you can adjust your Icon size and your Font size on your desktop.

If need be for your IE browser, push Ctrl and use you mouse wheel to zoom in and out on your home page.

Phorlaug...

works great, but be careful you don't end up playing at the wrong aspect ratio.

E&B was written before the days of widescreen monitors, so there were no settings for widescreen aspect ratios.

To correct this, go into your Nvidia/ATI control panel, which you can find in the windows control panel.

If you have Nvidia, click on 'Display' then 'Adjust desktop size and position'.

Choose 'Use Nvidia scaling with fixed-aspect ratio'.

Now, when you choose your graphic size, using the E&B config, choose the highest vertical resolution for your monitor, and the corresponding 4:3 width.

EG if you have a 24" monitor, chances are your resolution will be 1920x1200.

So, the E&B resolution you want is 1600x1200.

Other 4:3 resolutions are:

640x480

1024x768

1280x1024

(ie the resolutions we were all using pre-widescreen)

Using these settings will preserve the aspect ratio of the game, otherwise things meant to be round look like watermelons!

This Nvidia setting won't affect any modern game which has widescreen support, and improve E&B's graphics as the monitor isn't scaling up pixels to fit across the screen.

Hope this helps to save you from playing E&B 'squished'.

TB

Using these settings will preserve the aspect ratio of the game, otherwise things meant to be round look like watermelons!

Its funny you say that I've been playing like that since I started and only just realised things were not the way they should be. tbh it doesn't bother me that much I just tell myself it is supposed to look that way :)

Thats on a 21/22 inch widescreen. Game still looks fine though

got you all beat lol 53' lol my boyfriend for xmas tryed to seek it in house lol kinda hard to hide lol so now i use it for enb when im down stairs in rec room grab netbook plug in and wow my ships are the size of my lawn more lol

A 53 foot monitor? Really? You must have a very big house (and limitless money for electricity). ;)

55" samsung hdtv via hdmi... although it is the wrong aspect ratio..it still looks AMAZING :D

I have a 50" plasma, I can't find an HDMI cable long enough to run to my comp though that costs less than my soul. ;)

I have a 50" plasma, I can't find an HDMI cable long enough to run to my comp though that costs less than my soul. ;)

www.monoprice.com :D Great cables better than overpriced BS Monster crap! And you can always have them special make a HDMI out of CAT6 for those type of lengths if they dont carry in your price range :P But I pickup 10ft HDMI 1.4a spec cables for like 4 bucks!

I run it on a w2228h HP HDMI monitor...also if i ever get the time to play on my home comp, then it would be on a 40" Sony LED HD TV....

as far as resolutions go, i dont really remember which one the config tool suggested to me....it looks fan-tas-tic....i was waiting impatiently for the util to get over and to click+click+the bloody click to get into the game and start zooooooomin.... lol

UmaXX

• 2 weeks later...
I'm running on a 23.5" samsung syncmaster PX2370 LED monitor. Still looks great to me. I only ever play in windowed mode though (can't stand playing with the black bars on each side) so the graphics often go unnoticed in relatively small windows.