Your Top 5 Most Annoying Bugs

So there are plenty of bugs around and we are working on fixing them, but I was just wondering what bugs were annoying people the most. Knowing which bugs are causing the most suffering maybe will lead to them being fixed more quickly than other less important bugs. What are your top 5 most annoying bugs?

Mine:

1. Roid respawn rate. Miners feel unloved and it's hard to balance density of roid fields at the moment.

2. Controller getting solo kited.

3. Mobs dropping halloween drops and other weird things. It fills in the money gap but it just seems so weird.

4. Being able to gate before you arrive at gate. This messes with a couple of Jenquai missions and people always say they're broken..

5. The Jenquai Seeker skill acquiring bugs.

not sure if you'd call it a bug but we were told at one point that this was supposed to be early in the story arc so we weren't going to get things like wrath of the kokura beam which was key to many early JD settups. but if you go mining we find DM ores all over the place which further diversifies fields that sol miners can't fit anyway. i'd like to see all dark matter ores removed from roids untill ardus opens, which was the only place they should spawn.

some random skill buffs still do not work for instance no items that claim to buff psi shield actually function, this is in line with for instance no buffs affecting shield recharge for a trader, it's huge but gets no attention.

my combat cloak tells me it'll activate in 3 seconds... it's at least 5 seconds maybe as much as 7 before the animation shows it's fully activated. i'd love to be able to cloak between beam volleys to keep that buff running but it doesn't work.

fold space when used on mobs wasn't directional the last time i tried to use it so i no longer level it, do we know if this has been or will be looked at?

sorry if this list is a little jencentric but i've been playing terrans and progens mostly up till now and my god the jens have it bad, they are the most fragile race as a whole and really do require their skill set to function to be effective or fun.

to round out the list a bit i could beat the dead horse that is combat trance doesn't work after zoning, TE tactics skill doesn't work on self when grouped without flying away from the group about 5k, buff icons dissapear when gating 70% of the time. ohh and the trade run overhaul is a nice start but last i looked traders were getting at least 3x what a non-trader class was for trade goods pluss having a larger hold making it very lucrative for traders and only marginally usefull for anyone else, surely this could be evened out a bit.

In no particular Order:

*Bad Optocode- Always comes at the most annoying time.

*F not diisactivating weapons all the time.

*Cloak being interupted by ANY damage to shields

*Summon friend in warp, they keep on warping.

*All NPC's doing mainly explosive/dumb NPC's(know this might not quite be considered a bug justy early stage in developement)

My top 5 issues.

1. Broken (HU) missions. playing a progen I feel like I am being punished with these 30 stage missions taking well over 3 hours to complete. The missions are well thought out, and are very similar to what was in live, but the lvl 100 one... thats a whole different animal, because it has been broken in ST2 and ST3(not to it yet in ST4), because 1 specific mob just wouldnt continue to spawn properly. If it wasn't for the broken part of the mission it would be a welcome break to the monotony of grinding.

2. Eventhough i havent played a seeker, nor plan on doing so, this is still a priority over content "bugs". The classes should be worked out before the end of the final alpha test.

3. Finalize new classes' skills, I know the PP needs tweaking, and I am sure the others do as well.

4. Next would be the controller, and other end game raid content. These can be tweaked during the downtime between testing, and live, as they will not be applicable in the 1st 2 weeks of live anyhow. with the end game raid stuff, implementing "mob group agro" and increasing the speed of minions/adds to where they cant be kited would solve most of the issues.

5. Minor Annoyance is the activated skill graphical problem.. when you activate a skill that has a graphic, oftentimes it will stick and continually do it, now with enrage it just looks cool, like your ship is radiating an evil red aura, but shield charge/sap and grav link do this quite a bit.

6. Droprates from regular mobs seem a bit high on premium items, while drops from special mobs are way low.

*F not activating all weapons, if you click the unactivated weapon to turn it on, the first goes off.

*The Jenquai Trader's reactor boost skill (cant remember name). The green swirly graphic runs for the whole duration of the spell, and there is no icon for it in upper right.

1. Fold Space doesn't work properly.

2. Weapons sometimes turn off or don't fire (noticed that on my JW yesterday)

3. My Seeker cannot get her Build Reactor & Fold Space skills.

4. Helloooooo Megan! (though there seems to be less of that in ST4 than ST3) She's gotta be pretty lonely at the Login screen.

(This includes all gate to desktops, gate to Megan, and login failures)

5. Lagging out (less in ST4 than ST3, imo)

Those are the ones I think about mostly.

TBH Halloween candy drops don't bother me, they pay quite well when turned in. Trader chars also can get a little explore XP by analyzing them. I agree with the previous poster, pointing out that cloak gets interrupted too much, also too many mobs can see through it. (that should be fairly rare)

I could think of some other issues, but they wouldn't be considered bugs.

1. Roid respawn rate and the way fields are set up in general. Way too much mixture of types and levels within the same field (i.e. gotta clear 3 types and 3 levels for a single paltry field clear bonus as the only way to reset a field and make it respawn).

2. Various missing skills/missions. Since I'm playing a JT, my obvious one is Build Reactor and Fold Space. I did play JD in ST3 but not now, but Energy Leech not working is a big one.

3. Mobs drop ratios seem off. Way too much space wasting devices and unloved weapons and single count ammo, not enough stacking bio loot. As an example, Densou Mothers/Ancients come to mind. They were dropping loads of level 1 devices and level 2/3 macabre PLs, as well as single pieces of the breed ammo with nothing else in the body. Really odd.

4. JT Reactor Optimization graphic. This might not be a bug, but it is certainly WAY annoying. I hate using the thing, it's ridiculously distracting and whoever thought it was a good one to use needs to play a JT full time. Not having a buff icon in the buff window is secondary, which leads me to...

5. Buff window disappearing everytime you gate to another sector. This one's a bit annoying as you can't tell if you've lost a buff unless you stare carefully at your ship info. Really inconvenient during those trade runs when speed is everything, and you don't notice that the speed buff is gone.

So there are plenty of bugs around and we are working on fixing them, but I was just wondering what bugs were annoying people the most. Knowing which bugs are causing the most suffering maybe will lead to them being fixed more quickly than other less important bugs. What are your top 5 most annoying bugs?

Mine:

1. Roid respawn rate. Miners feel unloved and it's hard to balance density of roid fields at the moment.

2. Controller getting solo kited.

3. Mobs dropping halloween drops and other weird things. It fills in the money gap but it just seems so weird.

4. Being able to gate before you arrive at gate. This messes with a couple of Jenquai missions and people always say they're broken..

5. The Jenquai Seeker skill acquiring bugs.

In no particular order

1. Roid respawn/field density/xp from mining. 30 min is a bit slow, too many types in one field make it hard to get clear field bonus, and xp is not what it was in live (not ST3 but live 2004).

2. Graphic bugs in groups. This doesn't seem to affect solo play as much, but when grouped having an ability stay active (graphically)is a pain and hull damage/shield damage not showing up really makes it tough on healers.

3. Group members staying in group after a crash. So and so crashes, and remain in group to everyone else, so you have to boot them, then reinvite them back. Not a huge game breaker or anything, just annoying.

4. Missions. This is 2 fold. First requiring you to complete one mission to get to the next ie JT's build comps to get build engines. Reason being is if I do not plan to ever build comps on my JT I am stuck wasting time and energy to do this mission to get to the build engines mission.

Second mandatory HU missions. There should be an option to do the HU missions, or just pay for the upgrade as of this build it's really a time sink and not very enjoyable to spend 1/2 a day running around the universe just for a better hull. Some enjoy missions, some don't, the option to do or not do should be there for those that would rather spend their time grinding trade/combat instead of forcing them to travel to the other end of the galaxy. Ways i could see this worthwhile is to actually increase the xp to make it more lucrative. Otherwise it's just a time sink.

5.JT skills not implemented yet

As a PW these are mine:

1) Combat Trance not staying on after gating/docking in most sectors (works fine in Jot sector though)

2) Weapons not fully activating or de-activating (only 2 or 3 will turn on or off and the others wont) using the fire-all hotkey ("F")

3) HU mission (believe it was lv100) has some issues to iron out still with spawns

4) Lack of enough explore XP to hit 25-30 range (not PW specific)

5) Weapons going offline (uninstalling themselves) for no reason. sucks when it happens mid-fight though it isnt REAL common

1) mining respawn rates

2) weapons failing to fully deactivate

3) Jenaquai getting Build Reactor (either JE or JS, cuz there's hardly anyone building)

4) Combat Trance

5) This is a combo: stuck skill/buff graphics and dropping buff icons

Other things I could say are not really bugs so don't belong here. Thanks for creating the thread Kenu.

For me so far,

1. Shield charge skill mission bug. Finally found a workaround but took forever.

2. Skill activation graphic/sound sticking after activation.

3. Autofire on weps

4. Warping past targets

5. Group bugs (yeah I know, these have been around forever)

* Mining fields - spawn is too slow especially if the field needs to be cleared before anything spawns again. Too varied a resource mix that a JE ship can't hold it all to clear a field in one pass. Too many mobs or often too high a level mob roaming fields making darn near impossible to clear the field in hopes of some future re-spawn. Meed more mining fields.

* Cloak not working very well - many mobs see through it, gets interrupted too often, takes too long to activate.

* Weapons not firing correctly - everything that's been mentioned in previous posts.

* Shield Leach - add a cool down timer to the icon if possible

* Buff window disappears when you gate

1. Auto follow not working when in formation. Really annoying.
  2. Buff icons disappearing when gating/docking.
  3. Warp stopping really slow when in formation. Causes overshooting 25k.
  4. Weapons get deactivated in combat. You need to reequip to get them functioning.
  5. Dropping to desktop to often.

I forgot one (which would put me at 6 instead of 5):

6) Fold Enemy not working (correctly)

For a JE to bother putting points into this there's an expectation that he/she will be able to fold an enemy from 5.5K away as described in the skill, thus allowing them to have a better hope of doing solo combat with their meager shield and weps (by design, not a complaint) and have less fear of group aggro from the enemy's buddies. Haven't tried yet in ST4 (will take a loooong time currently to get a JE up to that lvl) but was borked in ST3 for sure.

For me... <Not in order>

1. Weapon appears activated but doesn't fire.

2. Fire all weapons doesn't really fire all weapons, activates weapons that are offline, and turns off the ones that are online.

3. Skill graphics sticking, often confuses me as to whether a skill is activated or not.

4. The occasional hot-key bar getting cleared.

5. Combat trance works only the the map you log into.

1) Activated skill persistent graphics stacking

2) Buff icons not dispalying after zoning

3) Autofire - having to manually select weapons, re-equip, etc - by far the worst of the bunch

4) TT Group trade bonus does not work - this makes trade runs on any non-negotiate class absolutely brutal.

5) No 5th, 1-4 would be epic.

1. Mining. Mining in general, mining in every way. Too many varieties of ore per field, awful respawn rate, mobs of a level inappropriate for the field, abysmal exp (fixing the spawn rate would probably fix the exp issue mostly).

2. Buffs in general. Disappearing or falling off after every gate, having to rebuff at every gate, randomly not seeing group bonuses (even though they're there).

3. Group frame bugs, especially after crashing and coming back in, the crashed person can't see the group frame until someone else leaves. Sometimes, player frame locations get jumbled up - for example, clicking on group member #1 would actually target group member #2, and vice versa. The hull status bar is particularly bad at updating - incapacitated group members will actually show full hull, I have to target them to find out if they're actually incapped or not.

4. Ammo stacking behavior and equipment swapping. You used to be able to swap items in warp UNLESS it was your engine you changed (which would pull you out of warp immediately). Moving stacks of ammo around from guns to inventory, inventory to guns, guns to other guns, sometimes ignores the quantity you actually select, and just moves the whole thing. Annoying when I'm trying to balance stacks of ammo. Annoying when I'm throwing in travel gear and the formation leader takes off before you've even finished. Equipping a roadrunner device while in warp used to retroactively increase your warp speed.

5. AUTOFIRE. Gets stuck, then unstucks, sometimes one gets stuck on autofire but isn't actually firing, etcetc...

6. (I know you said 5) MINING. And not just JEs! Us non-jenquai explorers love our downtime just as much as they do!

Second mandatory HU missions. There should be an option to do the HU missions.

Since you mentioned JT I thought you might want to know that the rank 2 hull upgrade bonus mission is optional. Just don't take the bonus mission and continue the hull upgrade.

Since you mentioned JT I thought you might want to know that the rank 2 hull upgrade bonus mission is optional. Just don't take the bonus mission and continue the hull upgrade.

For the lv 30 I took the optional mission to see how much xp it would give me upon completion and after finishing decided I would not take anymore bonus missions for HU. That was until I hit OL 75, and had no choice but to take the mission. Other players have voiced their displeasure in not having the option to skip it (since most have done it already and it doesn't appear any are broken this go around).

Now if i were playing a new class and had never done the bonus missions of that race I would love to do them one time, just to do them. Once you do a terran , progen and jenqui HU bonus mission, you've seen the content for the other classes of said race which is why the option to skip them would be a nice addition. At least until there are perhaps seperate HU missions for each class? :)

I have helped many, many people with this issue, :blink: both on the Navigate/WH mission and the level 30 bonus mission (going back to the Loremaster in Dahin).

Perhaps there is a way to add a variable range to the Arrive_at condition, maybe as large as 6 or 8K, so that the mission updates before the player can hit the gate button asap and bypass the mission step? ;)

TooTall

is there a list of "known issues" as in things that do not work, or not yet in the game? I have done a search for known issues, or bugs. perhaps would be shorter to list what does work. I have been testing for a while now, noted a lot of the same bugs you guys mention.

cyas in space!

Randosps

GoldenProgren

Ibuilder

My top 3 bugs that drive me nuts are:

Having to remove weapons and ammo every time i log out to toon screen or when i first log in. Weapons will not work till i do this.

Buff effects staying on all the time.

combat trance not working. Only works when i log out then back in as soon as i gate or dock it no longer works

is there a list of "known issues" as in things that do not work, or not yet in the game? I have done a search for known issues, or bugs. perhaps would be shorter to list what does work. I have been testing for a while now, noted a lot of the same bugs you guys mention.

I'm always hesitant to report new bugs, as I don't know what is currently already known and don't want to spam the system =/