Server Status (outdated)

Doesn't seem to matter if the server is up or down.. it's been so unbelievably unstable since the September 15 proxy update that I now have had more ctd's in the last 10 days than my entire time playing (since Feb/10)... Is the server now next to a massive electro magnet?

Clearly there has to be tweeks and experiments to get everything working perfectly, but when something is changed and everything goes south, would it not be advisable to go back to the 'last known good' and return to what at least allowed us to play the game... I can live with one or two ctd's a week, but more than a dozen a day means the game is virtually unplayable... Forget all about jobs... Last time i was on i crashed just going to a vendor... then after i managed to relog, i crashed leaving the station.. then i got black holed.. What the hell did you guys do to create so many opcode errors??

PLEASE go back to the previous net-7 proxy client.

• 2 weeks later...

wow, good to read well-known names again....LPCA. jackrussel and all the others from orion server..

jackrussel wasn't you running the last fish-bowl on the very last day just with 5 ships and three of them were yours?

if so, thanks for all the fun , was really weared.....

...but folks what's wrong with my download, can't still log in....sob

Gretl

terran trader lv135

orion server

aka

Gerry

progen sentinel lv 150 ++

same server

wow, good to read well-known names again....LPCA. jackrussel and all the others from orion server..

jackrussel wasn't you running the last fish-bowl on the very last day just with 5 ships and three of them were yours?

if so, thanks for all the fun , was really weared.....

...but folks what's wrong with my download, can't still log in....sob

Gretl

terran trader lv135

orion server

aka

Gerry

progen sentinel lv 150 ++

same server

Please post in the Technical Support forum (link in my sig) with a detailed description of the problem, and we'll help you sort it out.

Status is STARTING for me and has been for the past 20 minutes or so.. is something borked? B)

*edit

Disregard that. No sooner than i click Post, it's back up. 26 people, see you online :)

Edited by Karunamon

got it running, Del

no idea what happened, told me somethimg were wrong with the net-7 config,

ran through installation again and it worked :-))

thx though

and thx to all the guys who made this emu running

I love this game so much and can't even believe that's running again.

big hugs to all of you

Gretl

aka

Gerry

I popped on TeamSpeak a few minutes ago - looks like the Log-in server or the "hand-off" service may have crashed, according to BlackLung[HGM] - even though the game server itself is running.

And he said Tienbau was on earlier, and won't be back for the night... so the game will be inaccessible for at least the next several hours.

THere any GMs online?

i tried to zone out of the Fishbowl and now my whole account is locked i cant log into the zones, i can only get to character selection

and then i when i try to get into the game it just stays on the loading "Galaxy" map screen.

please help lol

cheers

THere any GMs online?

i tried to zone out of the Fishbowl and now my whole account is locked i cant log into the zones, i can only get to character selection

and then i when i try to get into the game it just stays on the loading "Galaxy" map screen.

please help lol

cheers

Apparently the login server crashed, they're aware of the problem.

Up but with 0 Online, authentication server doesn't appear to be responding.

Edit: and right after I type that, restarting, OK.

Yep, I noticed. :mellow:

EDIT: It should be up now.

Edited by Kyp
Status change

Could there be any relation between these login problems and me taking an average of 6 to 10 attempts to successfully get past the launcher and actually in game?

My point of failure seems to primarily with the launcher itself hanging, or getting just past the intro movie and dropping to desktop.