Server Status (outdated)

is the server down? I'm at Baton Rouge General Hospital using their connect, trying to login, and it says the server is offline. Pray for my Dad, he's had surgery, thanks!

[quote name='Tienbau' timestamp='1329362858' post='53807']
hope your dad pulls through Wiz.
[/quote]Thanks alot ((((hug Tienbau))))

Gonna see if I can figure out what to do about this proxy thing, I'm not that good at that sort of deal. *sigh*

I haven't had much luck finding any information in the forums yet but I'm still looking. Anyone know if there's anything I can do to play from behind the hospital's proxy whatever it is? Help! :-)
~Wiz~

Man, this sux. i can't even connect to netflix to watch a movie or something. And it's not like their tech support people are here during the night. I'm bout to go to the nurses station and complain.

[quote name='Aralia' timestamp='1329607339' post='53989']
Server has been "starting up" for about 15 minutes now.
[/quote]

That is about how long it takes to initialize, unless there are problems <_< and has to start over, lol

• 2 weeks later...
hi,

just a FYI that I'm going to restart the server tomorrow around about the time this was posted (ie 24 hours from the time at the top of the post). There'll be a new Net7Proxy & Launcher (with noaudio click to slience the client), a guild decal and also I'll be demoing the new AI code with the scuttlebugs in Saturn. If that goes ok then I'll expand it to all organic mobs.

At the moment with the new code the mobs have a tendancy to go off exploriing interesting objects, or running away from potential nasties. At least they now know what a turret is and to keep away if possible. If they go too far out of bounds they're gently nudged back home, so they shouldn't be able to get lost.

The aggro code remains the same for now, but that's the next thing to change - at the moment the nice 'drift' code just hands over to the old 'aggro' code which just tracks the aggro-ing player.

Thanks Kenu. I was looking all over the forums for any indication for the last 10 minutes :)

Net-7.org seems iffy altogether, the homepage comes up blank for me except for the "account information box" at the top.

[quote name='Totte' timestamp='1330851023' post='54831']
Any chance the server vill be restarted soon, or are us Euros SoL when US is asleep ?
[/quote] Not all of us are asleep, waiting for server to come up again!

Nooo booooo! This is prolonging the AGRIPPAAAARGGGGHHHHH agony on my 2nd privateer.

Please please please bring the server back up so that I can attempt to finish it off and be put out of my misery! That fool Telum still won't talk to me I want to push her out of the air lock! Her replacement is certain to have better manners I am sure!!!

May be the mobs deja-vu'ing about like in the Matrix crashed the [s]Matrix[/s] server!

Had a quick look and found problem. Don't have time to fix as have to go out to competition. Have left not for TB hopefully he will pick up soon. If not I will have another look when I get back

[quote name='Kenu' timestamp='1330849687' post='54830']
net-7.org is acting weird for me too. Maybe since accounts are linked to the play server now it's freaking out when the play server's down.
[/quote]

On the live site it stops loading at the online display, which is a timeout issue.
We can work around that.