Macro Useage

Maybe you should drop gaming and pick up a history book. You obviously havent stored anything else between your ears.

I had a suspicion that you were a jackarse. You have removed all doubts.

From the looks of some of these posts, who would want to join some of you on a team anyway?

I'm done here. I WILL continue to macro. I WILL enjoy making my macros.

Right back at ya: Don't like it? Don't play!

I wonder why people macro stuff anyway....

Really I do.

Is it because you lack the patience to hit the buttons yourself?

Is it because of "The One" syndrone? (The One being a movie with Yet Lee.) aka e-peen issue's?

Is it to be able to say "I beat the MAN... lookie me I am l33t" ?

Is it you are unable to play for yourself so you make a program to do it for you?

Guess I will never know....

Jarod: I apologize. I am just not in the habit of stressing over an occasional bad word and find it annoying when others want to go "whoa whoa stop the presses, he SWORE!" I would never do that to someone else and I usually don't respond to it well. Now if one were swearing AT someone that's an entirely different story and I'd agree, but I'm an adult so an occasional F-bomb is of no real consequence to me. I'll try to keep it in mind though... please forgive me if I might say something untoward without thinking though, would you?

As for the next guy, he straight-up calls me a jackass. That's fine; the charge may not be entirely undeserved. *grins*

Maybe you should drop gaming and pick up a history book. You obviously havent stored anything else between your ears.

I had a suspicion that you were a jackarse. You have removed all doubts.

Really? I'm not the one calling people Nazis because they might not like macros. And I'm quite familiar with history, thanks--which might be why I found your comment somewhat offensive. (And psychology too, which is why I'm not surprised by your subsequent post.) Not that you care I'm sure. You do realize that in many games running an unattended macro means you get banned? I've not seen anyone in this thread proposing that, at most, some people would like to put some limits on them.

And haven't you ever heard of Godwin's Law?

*shrugs* You're entitled to your opinion... you're not entitled to do whatever you damned well please on someone else's server. If you want to use macros and that's allowed by the hosts, I don't mind in the slightest and I hope you enjoy them. If macros are not allowed, all your huffing and puffing doesn't mean a bloody thing. The thing is, the server is currently in a stress test, so the policies now and the policies later may not be the same thing. This was just a discussion of the options the hosts--not we--have regarding the policies of live, whenever that happens.

I certainly don't have anything against you if you would prefer the policy to allow macros. My own opinion was simply that limits need to be placed so that non-macroing players are not disrupted. Surely you would agree that's reasonable?

I just want to ensure that botted chars aren't at an advantage over players who're doing their thing

With the exception of blizzard which has large amounts of capital to toss around in lawsuits, I have witnessed the battle of the bots in many F2P games, and the improvisation tactics of macro and bot creators always comes out on top. Eventually, any system you incorporate to put bot users at a disadvantage will only be temporary. Thus, bot user's will always be at a advantage unless they are banned.

I think it's a negative to specifically design anti-bot elements

I agree, but some type of rules need to be implemented to regulate and control the use of bots, macros and or multi-boxers. Letting them have free reign will ultimately have a negative impact on the actual people attempting to play the game legitimately, thus! I propose that sometime before live, that these 3 simple rules be implemented into the Net-7 Entertainment Code of Conduct:

• Multi-boxing is limited to 2 accounts per registered user.
  • Bot user's and un-attended macro user's be suspended/banned.
  • Attended macro use is allowed, with possible incorporation into the game itself.

I believe that these simple rules should please multi-boxer's and macro user's alike. AND with the dynamic content you mentioned, interactive players will be at the greatest advantage, What does everyone think of this proposal?

Also, with all due respect. Lets keep any personal confrontations to PM's and focus more on the topic this post has become.

Insults are childish..

I've been following this thread, but left when I noticed people started to get personal.

Checking back I see it hasn't changed.

If people (read kids) can't have a grown up discussion, I vote to close the thread.

So basically, not only are you willingly not contributing anything productive on the thread, you'd rather see it closed--and claim yourself as above the rest of us unwashed masses by proposing it--and while doing so you need to throw in insults of your own. Nice. :)

Personally, I dislike macros, it almost seems to be 'cheating' but then again people play the game their way.

If my areas of content discourage macroing then I feel I've done justice!

I suppose theres always the possibility of spawning a CL 66 mane near miners, see who flees, who powerdowns, who cloaks and who just mines on oblivious to the very hungry mob coming towards them..,

And i'll just reiterrate:

"All Progen Missions with [Version ] are subject to change"

Thanks to Tienbau for answering the original question.

For anyone who is interested Qmacro is a handy tool.

I always used AC-Tools. Once you learn it, it is quite teh useful.

...seriously, why was this question even asked in the first place, much less 5 pages of discussion on it? IMO, there is no issue, no debate, no question, no ambiguity. No macros of any kind ever at all period. Why question specific wording unless to come as close to the edge of abuse as one possibly can? Just enjoy a book, or enjoy chatting while on trade runs. If some players think trade runs are so unbearable as to entice them to macro, how about instead those players suggest changes and improvements to trade to make it more interesting.

Eventually, maybe, (it was discussed among devs some time ago iirc) /commands might be possible to autopilot players around the galaxy, but until then just take the effort to actually PLAY the game that some of us have worked so hard to create for you. :)

here

...seriously, why was this question even asked in the first place, much less 5 pages of discussion on it? IMO, there is no issue, no debate, no question, no ambiguity. No macros of any kind ever at all period. Why question specific wording unless to come as close to the edge of abuse as one possibly can? Just enjoy a book, or enjoy chatting while on trade runs. If some players think trade runs are so unbearable as to entice them to macro, how about instead those players suggest changes and improvements to trade to make it more interesting.

Eventually, maybe, (it was discussed among devs some time ago iirc) /commands might be possible to autopilot players around the galaxy, but until then just take the effort to actually PLAY the game that some of us have worked so hard to create for you. :P

I agree, there really should be no debate about it at all. BUT unfortunately, there is. I am going to post the 3 rules related to macros/multi-boxing in the suggestion forums and hope for the best. If we get enough people to support the cause, I am sure the DEVS will take action and implement them into the Net-7 Entertainment Code of Conduct, hopefully at least sometime before we hit live.

EDIT: I went ahead and posted the 3 rules I proposed as amendments in the suggestion forums, I request that further discussions on the topic of the Net-7 Entertainment Code of Conduct, macro's and multi-boxing be discussed there. Thanks and I hope to hear what everyone has to say soon :)

For Ghent and Mortabis, the question was asked to clarify differences between statements from some EnB staff posted here on this forum, and that which constitues the TOS as published by AV_Vet. Tienbau has clarified the situation (has no issue with them at the moment) so as the topic starter I ask for it to be closed please.

If you honestly think macros are a good idea, look at other MMO's that have had the problem:

FFXI: Fishing bots, flood the economy with goods, create too much cash in the economy, undercut "legit" fishermen. Extremely popular with gold famers.

WoW: Farming bots, similar problem, creates too much cash in the economy, leading to inflation, screws regular players, promotes gold farming.

XP is the small issue here, and trade runs won't be the problem. Bots that camp and claim mobs 24/7, generate ridiculous wealth, cause excessive inflation will do the real damage to the game. A team of bots farming something stackable loot could be make a ridiculous amount of cash in a 24/7 system.

I can't even see this being a point for debate, unless you are so lazy that you don't want to work for anything and just have it handed to you automatically. Trade runs and job terminals are boring, I won't argue that. Don't play the game if you don't have the patience to deal with it, or suggest a better system to replace it.

Fixing trade run macroing could be as simple as randomly changing what good is in demand at each station every hour or so, rather than doing the same run over and over. You could also take out the goods entirely, and just make it a quest. "Go to station X to deliver this item", where station X changes all of the time, with the XP scaling based on distance. Implementing some sort of "prove you ar a human" feature would be helpful as well.

This.

Mind you a sophisticated macro could probably read the text, and using a series of evaluations, figure out what to do. Far more complex I would guess though I honestly have no idea as I've never attempted to make one. An audio instruction could defeat text recognition ;)

"It is against the law to throw a ball at someone’s head for fun."

Preposterous!! I won't have it! Draconian laws...:)l:

Just my 2 piaster but botting seems to be a lazy way to do anything. Too many folks try to find the easy way through things. It sort of cheapens any goals reached imho.