Usable vaults among characters

sirmorte

Several online games, such as everquest, have a few slots that are useable among all characters. It is less desireable to require us to have multiple accounts in order to transfer items among characters. Please consider adding this to the updates if possible.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

I agree that having some sharable slots would be nice, but you should probably refrain from calling things "idiotic"; some people may not take that kindly.

I agree that having some sharable slots would be nice, but you should probably refrain from calling things "idiotic"; some people may not take that kindly.

Point taken, I changed my response. Thanks.

I assure you no idiots were offended :huh:

The shared slots idea has been suggested before. It was ages ago so I forgot what the devs thought of it.

It probably went along the lines of "CLIENT MODDING IS ILLEGAL MENTION IT AGAIN FOR PERMABAN".

This could be done without modifying the client, but you'd have to sacrifice some of your vault slots. Some of your slots, say 6 or 12, would have to be shared among all characters, reducing your storage space by 24-48 slots per account on the whole.

Some of your slots, say 6 or 12, would have to be shared among all characters, reducing your storage space by 24-48 slots per account on the whole.

I could definitely live with this!

This could be done without modifying the client, but you'd have to sacrifice some of your vault slots. Some of your slots, say 6 or 12, would have to be shared among all characters, reducing your storage space by 24-48 slots per account on the whole.

If somebody says that is not a good trade-off, airlock them!

I'm pretty much cool with the bottom row of my vault slots being shared between all chars on the same account. Means that Toren doesn't have to help Torrie give my other toons the devices she builds.

This is a great idea... and its time has come ;P. Anyhow, now if we could add in-game mailing system.

My initial reaction is to suggest that relying on others that you had to trust to trade items between characters was part of the original E&B.

Although any item that could be stored but set non-tradable should not be able to be put in the shared vault. (So things like the "Shroud of the Optimal" would only be able to be stored by the character that obtained it and not mysteriously be able to be traded to your other characters...

Just a thought. SWG had buildings where you could leave items and the owner could give access to other toons by listing them. This could be your own alts as well as friends or guildmates. You did pay a maintenance fee for said building which varied by size of the building and how many items it could hold, any listed toon could contribute to it. Perhaps we could have lockers on stations and charge a fee for that service. Maybe add a terminal for access to them. And yes non-tradables would have to be excluded. This would satisfy the personal as well as guild vault requests.

Not sure if a guild vault is feasible but it would be nice.

It would need quite a few options though, to suit the different types of guilds.

Smaller established/tightly knit guilds may want usability for everyone.

While large 50+ members guilds may not want to let a L5 new player raid the guild vault of L9 equipment. In this case there would need to be an option to assign items to a particular player, by a senior guild member.

Probably something for another thread.