Kill stealing poll.

134 members have voted

1. 1. Your vote on the Kill Stealing issue. What defines Kill Stealing?

• There is no KS’ing, 51% damage is justifiable in any situation.
    • KS’ing happens when someone attacks the MOB you are already fighting and then they DPS faster getting the 51%.
    • KS'ing is when another player intentionally kills your mob, generally following a PM from the aggressor either prior or after the incident.
    • I personally do not care on the subject. Kill stealing does not bother me.
    • Click here for both ass.. AND whiner.

****ponders the intricacies of that response *****

***Decides that joyous happy happy joy joy tells to others is in his best interest*****

That being said...I know grieving others is a matter of perspective. I'll be honest here and probably stir up some stuff in my honesty.

There are several guilds that were on Orion that grieved others. Some of the biggest grievers are friends and or ex/guildmates of Devs and/or are associated with them in some shape or form. SO what will be done by the Dev community to these friends that think they are above the law. What will happen to those that complain about these friends/ex(current) guildmates that do not think their crap doesn't stink. Who is policing their activity's to make sure their ego is in check and this Emu is not a "who ya know, gets ya ahead" game.

I am not attacking the Devs, I am just wanting assurances that people I know needed to be banned in live and are here now are not influencing former friendships, and are just here to test and play this game like everyone else.

Why the worry? The worst thing that could happen is the GM gives his friends a lot of ubers so they never lose a boss. :rolleyes:

Good, case closed. Can't wait to see the grievers derelict ships burning in righteous flames.

that is a great idea... omg how cool would that be if to punish a greifer the devs set there ship on fire (righteous flames of course) and parked it in front of F7 for a week...

that is a great idea... omg how cool would that be if to punish a greifer the devs set there ship on fire (righteous flames of course) and parked it in front of F7 for a week...

That would be really awesome. Maybe with one of those Net-7 satellites that used to do news, both visible and audible, scrolling something like:

Here likes the hulk of Random Stealer

Thought he was a wheeler-dealer

Said his Guild was big and bad

Now he's gone it's oh-so-sad

:D

That would be really awesome. Maybe with one of those Net-7 satellites that used to do news, both visible and audible, scrolling something like:

Here likes the hulk of Random Stealer

Thought he was a wheeler-dealer

Said his Guild was big and bad

Now he's gone it's oh-so-sad

:huh:

Shrines similar to GO would be a nice touch, except not in GO because that sector is useless. A graveyard near F7 would be fitting.

If you happen to shoot the same mob and/or camp the same spawn, or in any situation where all except extreme whiners know you will be competing for the kills (as in, one party is NOT already killing something, but is hunting waiting for a boss spawn or w/e, and so are you) , then there is no kill stealing. (rarely, if ever, does(or should?) anybody actually ever seriously call people in these situations KSers)

If you kill a mob after reading the situation, knowing someone is already attacking a mob, knowing that the current attacker has been on it for a while/will be able to kill the mob soon, but that you could kill it faster and take the loot... that is kill stealing. (these people are generally branded, rightly IMO, the KSers by community["I took the kill because I CAN"])

Should something be done about these KSers? NO, what the community does is enough. They play the game how they like, with their like-minded groups, the wider community writes them off as jerks , and thats that. Its an MMO, a social setting, and if they are fine being jerks, so be it. People are perpetual jerks in RL all the time.. its not against the law, afterall. (Ofcourse, KSers may move on to be griefers in some instance... that is a different case entirely, and Kyp will take care of that for us)

• Upvote 1

Guest Builder

Think there may be an opportunity for a device now.

• Not player made, all players can equip (if device level 5).

• One use only - once used is deleted from inventory.

• Unique - can only ever have 1 in inventory or equipped.

• Cost 1,000,000 cr

• Activated on enemy mob, registers this mob to this player for 10 minutes. Any corpse created by this mob will also be registed to this player.

While registered this mob will ignore any other attempt to distract it and will attack the player's character who has registered it. This mob

will also be able to see the player's ship if cloaked or powerdown'd. No other registrations may be made against this mob until the registration

time has run out. If this player shoots another mob then the registration is removed from this mob.

[builder / Work Computer]

============================

I didn't KS but I will recall one time in Live as a Progen Warrior where a Jenquai Tried to assassinate a bullywhere, didn't manage it, ran, cloaked and the bully passively** aggroed me. It was not yet to 51% but I wasn't having a hostile enemy chewing on me while wondering if the coward would return. 6 guns. Shield Sap. Shield Inversion. Dead. Got accused of KS then. My response to this was 'tough, don't aggro an enemy near me then cloak so it aggros to me'.

** without use of the Enrage skill.

well.

been waiting 30 minutes with my buddy, for Su to spawn at Slayton 6. right before he spawned a high level PW came. i started to attack Su and he done the same. before i could see the outcome my client died. when i came back the mob was already dead. then he preety much "taken" the spot from us. i tried to interact with him asking why and yadayada which he ignored. so i bring my guild over the place. sooo we've preety much taken the spot back and suddenly he changed and started to reply that he havent seen us (when we had been parked 5k from the nav. what? dont expect me to park ON the nav when this mob can 2hko me). finaly he gave up but left his ship afking nearby just to piss us.

no "sorries" was given, no respect was shown.

my first KSing expirience here heh.

judge yourself who was "right" and who was "wrong" if this might be categorised by any of those two.

facts:

life is hard

games are not life

games are for fun

ruining the fun kills the game

dead game forces you to look for new source of "fun" which will replace the old one

this is a multiplayer game, if you after single player expirience - switch the game for another.

pixels are pixels, but behind each of this pixel toons are living human beings which feel, can be pissed, offended.

you dont need to respect the pixels but should respect the guy behind them.

i dont care about the pixel goods, but i do care when someone is acting rude and i will fight/defend myself.

FLAME SHIELD ON

Personal note:

EnB is an old, 10yo, outdated game. the game crashes alot, is bugged and sometimes broken.

but the community here cant be find elsewhere. the comunity of helpful, mature, respectful people who want to play the game for fun not feeding their e-peens. destroy this community, or let it be destroyed and you can preety much close the servers. and i know that many players are like that.

• Upvote 2

pixels are pixels, but behind each of this pixel toons are living human beings which feel, can be pissed, offended.

you dont need to respect the pixels but should respect the guy behind them.

i dont care about the pixel goods, but i do care when someone is acting rude and i will fight/defend myself.

This. This. And This. Sometimes people forget that there's another person on the other end of that pixelated character and that they are not a NPC with no feelings. Just ask yourself if you would do this irl to someone. muscle them out of somewhere where they were trying to get something. If you say no, then you shouldn't be doing it here either. If you say yes.. you really shouldn't be saying yes then. it's not socially acceptable.

• Upvote 2

:( For the record SU in Slayton well always be big game or high competition why? There is only 1 of him in game existence there by forcing all players who need his wonderful loot into a competition not a frenzy. :) If by chance Su become 6 mobs and you guys were shooting him well just having 6 would reduce the competition but logically I know this argument of KSing near any Boss mob is out of the question. It doesn't apply with single spawn rates basically. You the player's wouldn't attack a Boss or single rare spawn without already acknowledging of the possibility, there might be competitions between others players in-game. There's no excuses other then pure ignorance. :)

:lol: ...If your sitting in 1 spot next to another guy in 1 spot waiting for the target to appear and you both fire at same time (low lvl or not) when that target appears. Then that action automatically puts you into the competition ring not KSing ring. However when you both decided to voluntarily hunt the same game there's no excuses hands down for KSing. Now KSing in my opinion is when your low lvl not high enough to beat logically another players power and he see's you in line of sight during your active battle with another mob. Takes the time to watch you stop firing because knowingly your reactor might be dry at lower lvls. He their by swoops in to finish the mob off by the time your reactor recharged yeah that's what I call KSing. :lol:

At the risk of keeping this epic thread alive any longer...

Why not break it down to this simple guideline:

Boss/Valuable Item Camps (Su, Belter Bing, etc. etc.) --- He who brings the biggest, fastest, or most guns wins. By design - these guys are meant to be rare and difficult to get, and players should either 1) come to an agreement about camping the guy, or (2) let DPS decide the issue as per game mechanics.

Normal, everyday combat level farming, i.e. mobs that have a high respawn rate and average loot --- Be courteous and move on if someone or some group is actively working that area. Or offer to group with them, if the xp curve and talents warrant.

Boss/Valuable Item Camps (Su, Belter Bing, etc. etc.) --- He who brings the biggest, fastest, or most guns wins. By design - these guys are meant to be rare and difficult to get, and players should either 1) come to an agreement about camping the guy, or (2) let DPS decide the issue as per game mechanics.

The problem with that is anyone that falls into option2 is less likely to be willing to work with those in option1.

The best option, of course just in my opinion, is once the game is in a alpha/beta test and live is lessen some of the timed boss spawns. Currently every boss worth killing is on a known timer, and spawns at a known nav. Random timers and semi-random navs would curb a lot of camping which ultimately leads to 'you KS'ed me!' arguments.

If there are 20 named bosses with highly sough after loot, put 12-14 on a random timer/nav spawn and the others on the current timed cycle. Those who have the time to camp more will still have more chances at the bosses, but it still gives a fair chance to someone who only plays 2-3 hours a day.

...Random timers and semi-random navs would curb a lot of camping which ultimately leads to 'you KS'ed me!' arguments.

If there are 20 named bosses with highly sough after loot, put 12-14 on a random timer/nav spawn and the others on the current timed cycle. Those who have the time to camp more will still have more chances at the bosses, but it still gives a fair chance to someone who only plays 2-3 hours a day.

That's an excellent idea.

In fact, make it so that these rare bosses are on a random timer (anywhere from a 20-minutes to 72 hours, with seeds skewing toward a shorter timer for lower level/loot boss and longer timers for legendary/epic bosses/loot).

And, add another wrinkle: not only do they spawn at random navs, but anywhere within a given star system.

In other words, a single instance of Su could have a chance to randomly pop up in any Beta Hydri sector: Glory's Orbit, Carpenter, Slayton, Grissom, Shepard, or Cooper or even Glen.

Or Belters Damins, Damis, and Bing could move about points in either Vishao's Cove or Kitara's Veil... or possibly somewhere in that Zenshai-heavy area of Yokan.

The randomizer should be coded in a way that prevents people from anticipating which sector a given elite mob will pop up in: and if that mob isn't killed in a certain amount of time, it despawns and re-appears in another sector.

Heh. Even boss mobs might have to do trade runs :)

• Upvote 1

i have stayed clear of this topic because i have never really been effected by it.... ya we all get the noraml KS everyonce in awhile but its the plan Malicous KS that really burns my hide...

let me tell you about what happened to me today and get your opinons on this ....

I'm in Paramiss with a guildmate.... were Black beards Ghost and his minions spawn.... i had cleared out all the minions and was waiting for BBG ( the 66 ) to spawn , ( he has a 2.5 hr respawn).... and i see Moonpw pull up and he and i were chatting.. i told him i was waiting for BBG to spawn , i had just cleared out the minions.. he said cool , and asked me what i was hoping to get from BBG , i said the black spitter PL... he said he was hoping to get the Shield.. I said if the shield drops its all his , in fact anything else that drops can be his... and he was happy about that .... within the next 10 mins i see another guild member of his Jackpw pull up ... and we start to have a friendly chat .... the next thing i know BBG spawns , both moonpw and jackpw engage after i do .... Malicously KS'd by 2 of Smurf's guildies....

after i asked Why ??

all i got was the 2 laffing as they left , and ohh ya , i was called a child and a *censored*....and its just a game...

lets just say i was a little pissed.... which prompted me to sit here and write this.... i have no patience for people of this nature , either in real life or a game...

these 2 individuals now have a mark on their heads.. and will have the same thing returned to them x10 fold....

Edited by Dakynos
Language
  • Upvote 1

i have stayed clear of this topic because i have never really been effected by it.... ya we all get the noraml KS everyonce in awhile but its the plan Malicous KS that really burns my hide...

let me tell you about what happened to me today and get your opinons on this ....

I'm in Paramiss with a guildmate.... were Black beards Ghost and his minions spawn.... i had cleared out all the minions and was waiting for BBG ( the 66 ) to spawn , ( he has a 2.5 hr respawn).... and i see Moonpw pull up and he and i were chatting.. i told him i was waiting for BBG to spawn , i had just cleared out the minions.. he said cool , and asked me what i was hoping to get from BBG , i said the black spitter PL... he said he was hoping to get the Shield.. I said if the shield drops its all his , in fact anything else that drops can be his... and he was happy about that .... within the next 10 mins i see another guild member of his Jackpw pull up ... and we start to have a friendly chat .... the next thing i know BBG spawns , both moonpw and jackpw engage after i do .... Malicously KS'd by 2 of Smurf's guildies....

after i asked Why ??

all i got was the 2 laffing as they left , and ohh ya , i was called a child and a *censored*....and its just a game...

lets just say i was a little pissed.... which prompted me to sit here and write this.... i have no patience for people of this nature , either in real life or a game...

these 2 individuals now have a mark on their heads.. and will have the same thing returned to them x10 fold....

The mentality of some people is just amazing. For them to sit there and be nice and turn around and knowingly KS is just beyond belief. People can sit back and say, oh it's just a game, which it is but the way you play a game does reflect on how you are in real life. For someone to be as selfish and uncaring as they are makes me glad they aren't in my guild cause i would hate to have my guild tarnished by 2 people with such low morals.

Edited by Dakynos
Same as above

what dropped? kinda moot if not the pl... and definitely report him for calling you a *censored*...

me personally... when after a rare or timed spawn I dont trust anyone except guildies that I have known for some time (or have the power to boot from the guild...) also you said you were chatting? what chat channel were u in? If someone says oh ill share and doesnt grp with you... u know they aint gonna share... especially... especially if they can use the same item as you... (I didnt say need cuz he lied... I said can use)...

imo you were scammed and fell for it sorry to say... many people sux and there is nuttin we can do about it... but you gotta be on the outlook a little... but also imo you cant be ks'sd on a rare or timed spawn... but still they were jerks... but again... if you walk through a high crime area with a big bag of money... expect to get robbed...

(offtopic and no reflection on your incident... btw was vonbon the guild that had the whoever booted cuz of /making stuff for guildmates? could be wrong... was just wondering... the name rang a bell for sumtin)...

Edited by Dakynos
Language

after i asked Why ??

Well as much as it will probably bite me in the...to say this, I'm afraid you might as well get used to it. Its seems VonCorp is split, half of you guys are cool and nice to talk to, the other half go around and do the exact same thing that was done to you minus the nice-ness part. Whether you condone it or not I don't know and honestly don't care, thats up to you/your guild. But as long as some of your guild continues to act the way they do, people will feel free to return the favor.

Like I said, I don't know if you approve of the behavior or not. Don't reckon I've ever spoke to you directly till now. But as it stands, if you don't already know, VonCorp is a guild people either love or hate. From the people I talk to, that seems to be split about half and half atm :/.

I have yet to see this ingame or have it happen to me . But it does happen in alot of games .

kind of sad when it does . but I've only been playing for less than two days ;p

Odd.

I have been "sharing" the Desash spawn numerous times with Jack with good and fair results actually.

He seemed fair on all occasions.

I guess it comes down to firepower next time.

Count me in.

Num

Well as much as it will probably bite me in the...to say this, I'm afraid you might as well get used to it. Its seems VonCorp is split, half of you guys are cool and nice to talk to, the other half go around and do the exact same thing that was done to you minus the nice-ness part. Whether you condone it or not I don't know and honestly don't care, thats up to you/your guild. But as long as some of your guild continues to act the way they do, people will feel free to return the favor.

Like I said, I don't know if you approve of the behavior or not. Don't reckon I've ever spoke to you directly till now. But as it stands, if you don't already know, VonCorp is a guild people either love or hate. From the people I talk to, that seems to be split about half and half atm :/.

If i find our members doing it they will be dealt with , and have been .... we arent perfect by any means .. I have had a conversations with a few guild leaders about this very thing and worked with them to correct the problem....

it was all in fun btw for my post yesterday , i wanted to get some reaction to this kind of thing and got what i was looking for ..... i do plan on speaking with the leader of Got Smurf guild today and putting this to rest and hopefully lessen these kiinds of experiences in game....

:)

If i find our members doing it they will be dealt with , and have been .... we arent perfect by any means ..

Like wise for FF.

If you find any of my guild memebers doing this, please let Me or an FF officer know.

If you see an Officer doing it, please let me know..

Thanks

Wantz t' put in mobz dat kill steal plyrs an' den spend ages argue wid dem selfz 'n then kill each other. Moral of story iz mobz need t' get 'arder..

Hmm .. CL 66 mane prob too easy, now a CL 255 mane loik webb's mob dat be nice!

[Work 'puter]

You mean the CL255 with 0 health he put in the game and then announced on the forums that not everyone checks that if someone kills it they get banned?

Sorry but if I ran across something weird like that in game I would certainly kill it to see what happens; the idea of banning someone for curiosity is insulting.

So if someone is camping a named mob, you are supposed to turn around a leave? I consider myself a very friendly player, and I often help others and share. Many of you reading this have been helped by my generosity. MANY. Now at the same time, I have been outgunned more times than i can count, desash, controller, you name it. Historically when a named mob that drops rare items is being camped, everyone is "allowed" to try for it and the best guns win. This wasnt a grief or anything personal. Just because someone is sitting there all day doesnt make it Their personal rare item factory. You will get competition and its part of the fun. Yeah we fired and we got him. When it happens to me I dont cry and throw a temper tantrum in local chat. To be fair, the first thing Von says in local is "You a**hole!" I hope the screenshot I tried to attach goes through because it really says it all about vonbons sportsmanship and maturity level. Yes I called you a child because you acted as such. Grow up and get over it. It was one mob.

screeshotA.jpg

post-78-12665932800101_thumb.jpg

The best part of that screenshot: "Jackpw is now friends with Vonbon".

Not taking sides, but I agree that camping a spot all day doesn't give someone owernship. With all of 2 end game mobs of value (Controller, BB), it's too easy for a handful of people, let alone an entire guild, to "claim" the spots as theirs. Most of us have jobs, kids, wives and can't sit at a nav 24/7 to own it. Shootouts on these things are going to be inevitable.

Sharing is ideal but is tricky to implement.

• Upvote 2