Were You On The Original Enb In 2002 To 2004 Or Just Here?

How many were on/or not on orig Enb?  

477 members have voted

1. 1. Pick when you played EnB as your 1st original Game Play!

• Played original EnB game that ended in 2004. 1st Exposure.
    • Played Enb-Emulator as 1st Exposure to the Game. (2004 till now).
    • For some reason none of the above apply or don't remember anymore.

Played on live back in 2002-2004 era, don't recall the details. I found out that EnB was back live again when I was moving. I found my old original EnB CD's and Box set. I remembered how fun it was and checked on the internet just for fun, to see what ever became of the game. Imagine my suprise when I discovered it was back .. !

Cheers all EnB Die Hards and New Fans

I played from December '02 to April '03 as a Terran Enforcer. I can remember Guild, even mates but i cant remember with Server i was on (i think it was Pegasus. Guild was a KS Guild named Pheonix (Yes i know, written all wrong :P) and the Guild master was a guy named Formosan).

One of the Highlights i can remember of was the Xmas event near Somerled, where Santa did give away some Presents until the Server crashed, cos 1000 ppl where waiting around somerled :D

Also E&B was my 1st MMORPG. After that somehow MMORPG became easier and easier, so for me E&B is still a though nut because i never ever got lvl150 ^^. Maybe this time (*Crosses Fingers* please no reroll)

Sincerely

Ventox

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I was a member back when it was a pay to play game. I purchased it with time cards to play due to I had no credit or debit card as of yet to pay it out right monthly. Months after I got the game it was finally shut down. I think I may have a card or two that still haven't been used as of yet.

I was on Andromeda in Mithril with Cpwings... thought that name looked familiar!  Galeniak 150 TT.  Followed some fellow Mithrilers to Eve after Sunset, then a few more to WoW.  Still keep in touch with several to this day!  When sunset was originally announced, I kind of disappeared.  New girlfriend will do that to ya!

Played original EnB and loved it! I was so made at EA for shutting it down that I didn't buy a game of theirs for close to 8 years ha! So glad it is still around in some form today and that the devs are doing such a good job. 

Edited by Rhyno

EnB was my first MMO and my first beta. I joined the open beta about 3 weeks before release and ended up losing my original account information, so I lost my FF decal. I bought the game about two weeks after release then proceeded to fry my CPU just days before Halloween, so I missed out on the Pumpkin Chunker. I played until Sunset, at which point I wandered from MMO to MMO to find what EnB had provided. Both WoW and Eve ended up taking my MMO interest for a time, but neither could even touch what EnB had been.

I called Andromeda home. I had actually claimed Modi's Blade in Nif Cloud as my in-game "home". I spent a lot of time there killing Einherjar.

Black Shadows was my first guild. Freedom Fighters was my second. Jaded Misfits was my third guild for my alts. I still remember the names of several of my guild mates.
For anyone curious, Szark was my main's name. He will forever rest in orbit over Luna, looking down upon the Earth.

I was very heavily interested in the content of the game and had actually accidentally led a large fleet of players to defend Gray Feather when the V'rix were set to destroy the Swooping Eagle sector. I was expecting another live event like Primus, but that never happened.

Earth and Beyond was my very first MMO. Played live on Pegasus. Had a Grandmaster Explorer level 150 +38 Played here before any stress tests when the emulator would be up for only an hour or two then it be down for for hours lol. Had my toons wiped 2-3 times till emulator went live.

Edited by Torqued

• 3 weeks later...

I played this game first when it was "Closed Beta".  When it went to "Open Beta", I was still playing.  When EA finalized the game, they took out the Beta files, and installed the game files, which meant all of us had to reinstall the game.  EA sent me, "FREE", the two disc CD set to reinstall the complete game.   Once reinstalled, I played up until three days before EA shut EnB down.

Following the shut down, while I know there were others interested in buying the game, I did ask and got the chance to submit a bid for all the game files.  My submission didn't work, and then I found out that EA wanted a couple million for the files.

If I had had that much money, I would have bought those game files, and then launched Earth and Beyond, on my company servers.

• 2 weeks later...

My main, the TT Dragoncove, was on the Orion server, along with my JW. My JE and TW were on another server, I forget which. I was with the game from the very start, and stayed with it until they shut down the servers underneath me, I was mining on my JE at the time. In fact, what drew me to the game in the first place was the design of the JW's ship. When I was a kid, I wrote a game on my Commodore 64 that had a ship with that very same swept-wing design, and I had drawn various versions of the ship over the years. So I was excited to see my creation appear in a real online game, even if it was just coincidence that someone else designed it that way.

Well I gotta get some posts in so I can vote buy FYI I played in the original and needed therapy when it went sunset!  :o   I have not found anything that I truly like as I enjoyed enb.  I am hoping to get back into this game and enjoy for a long time to come.  Thanks to all those who have made this possible!!

• 1 month later...

Was a developer (or on the way) to help out with the game, I had to go away. Im trying to get back, but been busy. Im starting my own gaming company! ;)

Im hoping to make a new game similar to EaB at some point (in a year or so). We are getting ready to release our first game in 3-4 months.

also very good job on the emulator and having the newer windos working with just a little work . when im able i will be donating, im retired and on limited income but can see a donation not too far away. thanks again for keeping the gamw going.  love it!!!!!

• 4 weeks later...

I was in Dark Empire in the beginning on Orion server iirc.  I was devastated when sunset was announced and left the game shortly after - later regretting not staying till shutdown.  Rejoined friends in EVE Online in 2004 and played there off and on for 7 or 8 years but my accounts are not currently active.

Everyone involved with the emulator has done a fantastic job with its revitalization - so far it's everything I remember.  I was very happy to find out about the project and get back into the game.

Kudos on your dedication!

• 2 weeks later...

Played from OBT to Jan 2004 on Pegasus, The Spacing Guild.

For some reason can't vote in poll.

need 5 or 6 posts to be able to vote, hope its automatic switch to allow voting when we reach the required amount :D