Guild idea

Jenka

A few ideas that would benefit guilds.

1. in the guild tab show offline online guildies.

2. add a guild vault

3. guild lvls ( either by guild missions manufacture trade )

4. guild perks after lvling the guild.

thats all for now but ill prob come up with more ideas

Jenka

A few ideas that would benefit guilds.

1. in the guild tab show offline online guildies.

2. add a guild vault

3. guild lvls ( either by guild missions manufacture trade )

4. guild perks after lvling the guild.

thats all for now but ill prob come up with more ideas

Jenka

Number 1 is currently being worked on.

Number 2 has been suggested and more than likely not going to be brought in until after the game has been finished. Dev's have shown they like this idea, but at the moment is too complicated to implement.

3 and 4 I do like, not sure if anyone has suggested this and would help alot to Guild leaders and Officers.

Number 2 has been suggested and more than likely not going to be brought in until after the game has been finished. Dev's have shown they like this idea, but at the moment is too complicated to implement.

3 and 4 I do like, not sure if anyone has suggested this and would help alot to Guild leaders and Officers.

Precisely.

3 and 4 sound interesting, but I'm afraid it would hurt the soloers by putting them at a disadvantage.

[quote name='C Del' timestamp='1299362126' post='35784']
3 and 4 sound interesting, but I'm afraid it would hurt the soloers by putting them at a disadvantage.
[/quote]

So does the very concept of there being Raids in a game. Not saying Raids are bad in any way, my point is more that the fact something would benefit groups and not solo players I do not think in and of itself is good enough justification to stop something.

[quote name='Eviticus' timestamp='1299396286' post='35817']
So does the very concept of there being Raids in a game. Not saying Raids are bad in any way, my point is more that the fact something would benefit groups and not solo players I do not think in and of itself is good enough justification to stop something.
[/quote]
Raids were an original part of the game though. If we add things which favor guilds, I expect some ire in our direction.

[quote name='Tyran' timestamp='1299398327' post='35819']
5. Add a guild hate list. Whenever a guild member killsteals a member from a hated guild they gain points. Obviously higher points will award promotions and limited edition equipment.
[/quote]
Lol.

[quote name='C Del' timestamp='1299362126' post='35784']
Precisely.

[/quote]

I don't see 3 hurting solo-ers - it's just a tally of XP gained in each category by that Guild. In Live any player could look at Guild stats - sort them by total XP, Combat XP, etc.

[font="Calibri"][size="3"]In live wasn’t there a guild status web page? It would read the stats on amounts of ores mined, combat kills…that sort of thing? I even remember checking it for the number of level 150 players. [/size]

[size="3"]But then again it might have been a misfire of a few neurons.

[/size][i][size="2"]A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory.[/size][/i]

[/font] Edited by Mimir

[quote name='C Del' timestamp='1299426298' post='35827'] If we add things which favor guilds, I expect some ire in our direction.
[/quote]

True. And I am not arguing for the Guild related perks, I just didn't think the 'protect the soloer's' was a good reason. Either way though I am glad I am not the one making the decision! ^.^;

[quote name='Jarod' timestamp='1299426955' post='35830']
I don't see 3 hurting solo-ers - it's just a tally of XP gained in each category by that Guild. In Live any player could look at Guild stats - sort them by total XP, Combat XP, etc.
[/quote]
You're right. I was thinking of 3 and 4 together. Guild stats is something we'll definitely implement eventually. I'm just trying to get the damn guild list to show offline/online players right now. :)

[quote name='Eviticus' timestamp='1299427640' post='35833']
True. And I am not arguing for the Guild related perks, I just didn't think the 'protect the soloer's' was a good reason. Either way though I am glad I am not the one making the decision! ^.^;
[/quote]
You may be right, and I'm not looking for a reason to say "no" or anything, I just worry about these things after having been here for a while and knowing how such changes can upset some players. I suppose we could always take a poll.

That brings an idea to mind actually: What would you think if we put a little polling system in-game that asked you some simple question about what you want or how you feel about gameplay when you log in? The problem with forum polls is that we never seem to get enough respondents to draw a real conclusion about what the players want.
  • Upvote 1

CDel, is it possible to put something into the game like the Guild MOTD that tells players that there is a poll on the forums that they should participate in? If not I'm curious as to how said in game poll would work.

[quote name='Terrell' timestamp='1299431488' post='35841']
CDel, is it possible to put something into the game like the Guild MOTD that tells players that there is a poll on the forums that they should participate in? If not I'm curious as to how said in game poll would work.
[/quote]
We could do that, but I'm not sure everyone would actually come to the forums to vote. I was thinking of a question that would show up in chat when you first log on, and you could vote with a slash command. For example, you might get a questions that says "Poll: What do you think of the Ghost of Blackbeard? 1)Too Strong 2)Too Weak 3)Just Right" you could vote with something like "/vote 1" to pick the first option, etc.

[quote name='C Del' timestamp='1299433836' post='35843']
We could do that, but I'm not sure everyone would actually come to the forums to vote. I was thinking of a question that would show up in chat when you first log on, and you could vote with a slash command. For example, you might get a questions that says "Poll: What do you think of the Ghost of Blackbeard? 1)Too Strong 2)Too Weak 3)Just Right" you could vote with something like "/vote 1" to pick the first option, etc.
[/quote]

Okay, thanks, was wondering how that would work in game.

Is it possible to increase the current guild member cap?
It seems VGE has hit the cap and it causes names to drop off the list, and/or the list to bug-out for some to the point of crashing the game when opened.
We have removed folks alts to make room so the list doesn't drop names, but it would be cool if folks didn't have to kick their alts out of guild.

[quote name='Klyde' timestamp='1299435338' post='35845']
It seems VGE has hit the cap and it causes names to drop off the list, and/or the list to bug-out for some to the point of crashing the game when opened.
We have removed folks alts to make room so the list doesn't drop names, but it would be cool if folks didn't have to kick their alts out of guild.
[/quote]

Wow did not know there was a cap.
We have a ton of people in our guild and probably 2x that in alts, Would suck to see this, especially if your looking through the guild roster to find out if there was any new recruits.
I personally do this and try to get to know them, help them with anything they may need, and make sure they are geared for the current gear they should or want to use.
Would suck to have a new one drop off and not know they were in the guild and not get the help they need.

[quote name='Maniac' timestamp='1299437143' post='35847']
Wow did not know there was a cap.
We have a ton of people in our guild and probably 2x that in alts, Would suck to see this, especially if your looking through the guild roster to find out if there was any new recruits.
I personally do this and try to get to know them, help them with anything they may need, and make sure they are geared for the current gear they should or want to use.
Would suck to have a new one drop off and not know they were in the guild and not get the help they need.
[/quote]

Evidently it is around 480 members, it mainly sucks trying to promote new members unless you see them in space.

[/quote]
I'll look into that. The guild member cap is actually around 800 or so. What you're probably seeing is the guild list packet being cut off, because with that many members it has to be huge.

[quote name='GenghisBob' timestamp='1299439093' post='35848']
As for showing guild members on/off line, the friends list already does this. Can't you do it the same way, or change colors on/off line if easier. Or, make a way to auto add guild members to friends list. :-)
[/quote]
We can't change any of the colors from the server side, but I will look into the friends list to see if things might be sent similarly. I've also been meaning to fix the problem where you don't see whether or not a friend is online when you first add them, if that still is an issue. (I found it very annoying back when I had time to play.)

[quote name='Mimir' timestamp='1299427454' post='35832']
[font="Calibri"][size="3"]In live wasn’t there a guild status web page? It would read the stats on amounts of ores mined, combat kills…that sort of thing? I even remember checking it for the number of level 150 players. [/size]

[size="3"]But then again it might have been a misfire of a few neurons.

[/size][i][size="2"]A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory.[/size][/i]

[/font]
[/quote]
Yes there was Mimir.
There was an Earth and Beyond web site guild and Character data base. It had the all the stats.
I / we Used it to promote guild members.
The [url="http://web.archive.org/web/20040614063629/http://www.eternal-order.com/"]"Way Back Machine"[/url] is on the fritz its taking a long time to load.
It would be nice to have the guild and player stats.

Phorlaug...

edit typo. Edited by Phorlaug

[quote name='Phorlaug' timestamp='1299470420' post='35877']
Yes there was Mimir.
There was an Earth and Beyond web site guild and Character data base. It had the all the stats.
I we Used it to promote guld members.
The [url="http://web.archive.org/web/20040614063629/http://www.eternal-order.com/"]"Way Back Machine"[/url] is on the fritz its taking a long time to load.
It would be nice to have the guild and player stats.

Phorlaug...
[/quote]
Slayerman will get around to putting that in the portal eventually, the poor wretch. :)
  • Upvote 1

[/quote]

lol, welcome to our world of pain :)

We in Builders Inc actually had to rebuild the entire guild 3 times now after going through all this (looking for and deleting MIA members, booting alts and putting them in an alt guild, etc.)

The invisible cap around 480-550 members seems about right. This is the number when people start disappearing from the list, new members don't show up, or names or ranks get totally screwed up and kill your game when you klick on them or try to boot them.

Our way of handling it was:
- get the old guild renamed (we chose Builders LLC)
- create a new guild with the old name
- pull over active members in a process that can take up to several weeks
- finally kill the old guild

While this is a healthy process that gets you rid of "dead wood", it is also quite tedious and sometimes results in some loss of confidence among the members ("Why did I get booted", "has my guild disappeared")specially those who tend to NOT take a look at the MotD from now and then.

Greggary
Builders Inc

Edith:
Note to self: Talk to Magoo and disband the current LLC Edited by Shuzun

[quote name='Maniac' timestamp='1299361590' post='35782']

[/quote]

3 & 4 look good, but depends on the perks.

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='C Del' timestamp='1299428039' post='35834']
You're right. I was thinking of 3 and 4 together. Guild stats is something we'll definitely implement eventually. I'm just trying to get the damn guild list to show offline/online players right now. :)

You may be right, and I'm not looking for a reason to say "no" or anything, I just worry about these things after having been here for a while and knowing how such changes can upset some players. I suppose we could always take a poll.

That brings an idea to mind actually: What would you think if we put a little polling system in-game that asked you some simple question about what you want or how you feel about gameplay when you log in? The problem with forum polls is that we never seem to get enough respondents to draw a real conclusion about what the players want.
[/quote]

I have always been of the opinion that MMORPG's are really about the 'social' aspect of gaming. focusing on the synergy of partering up with others and supporting each other. If someone is being a 'social outcast' and not working with others, they should accept the additional burden of having to work harder. - just sayin'

I am aware that my position on this matter may offend a few solists, but hey... there are plenty of off line games you can play solo, why bother with a mmorpg if you want to do everything by yourself?

[quote name='Zenshai' timestamp='1300726484' post='36970']
I have always been of the opinion that MMORPG's are really about the 'social' aspect of gaming. focusing on the synergy of partering up with others and supporting each other. If someone is being a 'social outcast' and not working with others, they should accept the additional burden of having to work harder. - just sayin'

I am aware that my position on this matter may offend a few solists, but hey... there are plenty of off line games you can play solo, why bother with a mmorpg if you want to do everything by yourself?
[/quote]
Very black and white.

People play mmorpg's for different reasons. Think the killer/socializer/achiever/explorer spectrum makes that clear...

Take myself, the main reason I play online games is because IRL I'm a disabled underachieving social reject. Ingame however, I can pretend to be someone else.