What is the status of getting the low level missions fixed?

I've notices that there are quite a few starter missions that just keep repeating over and over instead of progressing. In particular, I can't get any of the 5 skill training missions from Louden MacEwen @ Loki Station, so my TT can't even use missles and is stuck using his starter laser until CL 7.

..."all starter quests are broke"....

Not quite true as I finally managed to get the shield charger TT mission from Louden yesterday. My tip is to load up all four missions from him - get the runaround admin one, the drone-shoots, the O2 canister one, and ask again and you get the 20,000 credits task. Do the first three missions, reappear and claim your rewards and make sure you have 20k.

It's not just starter missions, my PW just tried the lv30 HU mission for the 3rd time, the mission continually "blows out" on the last cortex given to Sturmer. I get back to Ionna'j and start all over again.

I know it's being worked on, so I keep trying once a day... got a pretty good stock on cortexs atm, so it's all good. B)

Dunno if I was supposed to get an item award, but (other than that)I did my level 75 Privateer HU last night with no problems. I haven't tried any other missions with her, so I can't speak on any of those.

Guest Builder

Missions are not broken, its the end-code condition that saves the mission in your log that is broken. No quick fix for missions will work here, and until the code for the saving of missions is fixed, then just try to enjoy doing something else!

[Work Computer]

Missions are not broken, its the end-code condition that saves the mission in your log that is broken. No quick fix for missions will work here, and until the code for the saving of missions is fixed, then just try to enjoy doing something else!

[Work Computer]

That is is the most clear and succinct statement of the current mission problem. Thanks. :D

Does it apply to all missions? I am specifically asking about the 135 TE HU. I don't want to even start or bork it if it is not working atm

TooTall

• Upvote 1

That is is the most clear and succinct statement of the current mission problem. Thanks. :blink:

Does it apply to all missions? I am specifically asking about the 135 TE HU. I don't want to even start or bork it if it is not working atm

TooTall

Actually no, I don't think it applies to all, but a lot of the starting missions should be working now. We found at least one problem.

Actually no, I don't think it applies to all, but a lot of the starting missions should be working now. We found at least one problem.

Thanks for the reply Kyp!

One step at a time, can't ask for more than that :blink:

I will tippy-toe thru it and see what happens ;)

TooTall

Its looking much better now, thanks! I've been able to complete most of the low level TT skill missions, but have found one that appears to work, but doesn't:

The "Tinkering with Parts" mission from Katlyn Walsh @ Somerled goes through all the expected dialog, but at the end of step 1, I'm told that I've learned Build Components when I haven't. In step 2, I'm then asked to build a Dragon's Horde, but as I can't build components yet, I can't progress.

At what point will there be some release of information pertaining to how this bug came to be when things were working perfectly thing just a week or so ago?

Lol probably never. To see debugging details you'll probably need to take it upon your self to look through the SVN and source.

Lol probably never. If you've ever coded anything, you know that working code breaking for no apparent reason is quite common when new things are added.

I have coded before, on very active and load stressed ECommerce systems. Trust me when I say, there is ALWAYS a reason. The trick is finding the reason, which in this case they found. But finding the triggering event is just as important. When it's obvious that updates to code and such aren't being published to the WebSVN, then there's a severe problem. It means folks are bypassing good coding practices and being lazy or whatever. This may be a volunteer project, but even volunteer projects need to be held accountable. One chooses to volunterr, therefore one chooses to abide by the rules laid down by said project.

I have coded before, on very active and load stressed ECommerce systems. Trust me when I say, there is ALWAYS a reason. The trick is finding the reason, which in this case they found. But finding the triggering event is just as important. When it's obvious that updates to code and such aren't being published to the WebSVN, then there's a severe problem. It means folks are bypassing good coding practices and being lazy or whatever. This may be a volunteer project, but even volunteer projects need to be held accountable. One chooses to volunterr, therefore one chooses to abide by the rules laid down by said project.

Edited my post too late hehe.. but my point was, you'll proabably have to look at the SVN and source yourself to find out.

That's the fix for the problem after it occurred. I'm interested in knowing what CAUSED this bug to suddenly start.

Edit: After looking it more closely, it seems like the code for implementing jobs broke some types of missions. There were extensive changes made to fix missions, which would seem to indicate that the jobs code made it to the play server prematurely and broke things. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, it's not my code base so I can't say for sure, just what it looks like from reading through the SVN and looking at code release coincidences.

That's the fix for the problem after it occurred. I'm interested in knowing what CAUSED this bug to suddenly start.

Edit: After looking it more closely, it seems like the code for implementing jobs broke some types of missions. There were extensive changes made to fix missions, which would seem to indicate that the jobs code made it to the play server prematurely and broke things. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, it's not my code base so I can't say for sure, just what it looks like from reading through the SVN and looking at code release coincidences.

This is when it occurred, we know the exact cause. Jobs were implemented and the missions affected were happening because the change that occurred caused them to remove it from the log prior to saving the completed record in your account data, thus it just pushed a non-existent mission ID number and thus you could repeat it indefinitely. It was just a minor oops that wasn't noticed for a few days. The people who do have access to commit to the SVN are very thorough, but everyone makes mistakes. :P

That is is the most clear and succinct statement of the current mission problem. Thanks. :P

TooTall

What happened was that starter missions weren't firing for a week or so due to some debug code that was left in. This has been fixed now, but the lasting effect is that low level missions taken on during that time may be borked. There's no easy fix for this other than starting again with your low level character. It's a bummer that it happened but that's the nature of alpha ...

If it's a big problem still I'll write an app that will cancel all your mission progress, so although you have to repeat the missions, at least you don't miss out on any skills.

Fair enough, every submission should undergo a full peer review from every enb-emu member, should be printed and signed off in triplicate, buried in peat and recycled 6 months later as firelighters before it's allowed to go in. Anyone submitting dodgy checkins should be castigated, liquidated then tied to a chair and beaten with a rotting fish.

At least I think that's what the rules we laid down at the start were.

I've notices that there are quite a few starter missions that just keep repeating over and over instead of progressing. In particular, I can't get any of the 5 skill training missions from Louden MacEwen @ Loki Station, so my TT can't even use missles and is stuck using his starter laser until CL 7.

what are you talking about... low level missions are not broke... just did L135 HU on one toon and it went fine and started a new toon and the L100 missions were good too... ... :P

That is is the most clear and succinct statement of the current mission problem. Thanks. :D

TooTall

(Hate to quote myself but) The HU at 135 is all good for me, just did it.

Also just started a JE all newbie missions worked and Nav/WH mission works flawlessly Great Work Kenu! :P

TooTall