What's going on with the game?

No server fixes.

No new content.

Its hard to donate when there appears to be no progress on either front.

• Upvote 1

there has been a lot of work going on Stability issues and alot of backround fixes and bug squashes 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Is there a time table for stability/content?

I realize that you folks are volunteers but, without fixes/content it's difficult to attract players/donations.  Server population dwindles monthly.

Squashing bugs is great but, what good will that do when there aren't enough left to support the game?

• Like 1

I don't normally write on forums but i really felt like contributing to this topic.

It goes without saying that the entire of the emulator team has done a fantastic job of bringing back Earth and Beyond, and there is a lot of appreciation and thanks that perhaps goes unsaid. For each thanks said, there is probably 10 more not said due to people (like myself) who have never really embraced what a good tool a forum can be to express it.

I do agree with the original post in that it does feel recently that there isn't anything actually progressing, be it content, bug fixes, network issues etc, but i am also aware that just because its not seen doesn't mean its not happening. I think it would be nice to get some 'work-in-progress' screenshots of things that the players can actually get excited or interested in, like a new item, sector or even just artwork. Not seeing anything just creates a sense of abandonment, and wondering if the love of the project has dissipated.

As original poster mentioned volunteering to do this in your own time is well known and perhaps more appreciated than if it was your actual job, as time is more important than any amount of money. But please some information would be greatly appreciated as to what exactly is going on with things.

Kind Regards

-FFT

• Like 1

The love of the project has not dissipated. It's just been delayed by people's real lives and jobs for a while. We're actually getting closer to a patch, writing up some missions to go with it and making sure they work so that there's not a bunch of bugs, but yes, we did spend quite a bit of time refactoring a lot of how a number of things worked behind the scenes. When you see the patch note for this patch it will be quite lengthy. At any rate, we've made some breakthroughs and it's coming. I know it seems like I've been saying that forever, but you're not forgotten.

However, I would say that if there are any of the mind to be involved in writing missions and/or dialogue they could feel free to seek me out and let me know. We all do have some mild bits of personal lives outside of the project as well so it's nice to be able to do those things from time to time at least.

• Upvote 1