A special beta test!

Kyp

Yeah Yeah, I know, we've been out of beta for a long time. Well, if you're here you either came in from our facebook/twitter posts, and you're interested in trying it out or you're not. We need testers, it will be best if you experience(d) frequent crashing during/when you played regularly.

We're going to ask you to essentially stress test our public test realm which has been brought back up for this scenario. Please note that your characters all start fully leveled and with a basic set of level 8/9 gear as appropriate to get you through. What we're looking to see is for you to stress it. If you're interested, please sign up below. The more the merrier folks, we need to try to load this thing to the gills if possible so we can capture some performance and behavior logging.

At any rate, we look forward to testing with you if you're willing.

Thanks to everyone that can/will make themselves available. :) 

-E&B Emulator Development Team

2 minutes ago, Orionpax said:

I will test tonight and tomorrow with multiple accounts.

Currently, the way that we collect data from PTR testing only works with one account logged in at a time.

I'm going to send you a private message with instructions to get into the PTR. Thank you for stepping forward to help us out!

• Upvote 1

Time permitting I'd be happy to help test.  

I have noticed an idle disconnection issue that is much more prevalent on my windows7 machines than on windows 10, can check that out.

Also is this more than just turning off prototype reorder in the net-7 loader, which is a sure-fire way to cause regular gate/login crashes?

I already have a host of well geared level 150 characters on my 9 game accounts, and can do multibox stress testing too.  I'm hoping they can jsut be cloned over rather than having to spend time setting up whatever gear you supply test  server characters with.

BTW I've noticed galaxy tours are pain to do with gate crashes, something else to test alongside just trade runs.

-Z

Edited by Zarg

2 minutes ago, Zarg said:

Time permitting I'd be happy to help test.  

I have noticed an idle disconnection issue that is much more prevalent on my windows7 machines than on windows 10, can check that out.

Also is this more than just turning off prototype reorder in the net-7 loader, which is a sure-fire way to cause regular gate/login crashes?

I already have a host of well geared level 150 characters on my 9 game accounts, and can do multibox stress testing too.  I'm hoping they can jsut be cloned over rather than having to spend time setting up whatever gear you supply test  server characters with.

-Z

The changes we are making are much more involved than any of the Launcher settings are, which is why we have a separate server for testing.

The PTR server and Sunrise server are completely isolated from each other and your account/characters cannot be copied across the servers. When you create a character on the PTR server, though, you are given max level, max hull, all skills (without having to do missions), and a set of Level 8/9 gear to get you up and running; there's really not much that you have to do to get characters set up.

As my previous post stated, the way that we collect data from the PTR isn't really friendly for multi-boxing and would likely require somewhat significant changes to your multibox scripts to still allow us to collect data from problems that occur.

If this is still something that you would be interested in helping us with, though, then please send me a private message on the forums and I'll set you up.

Thanks.

• Upvote 1

happy to assist

second screen available for 5 alts

some days are worse than others, but gate / station exits boot me to desktop at times

Edited by TempestNWK

Thanks, everyone. Remember the more the merrier, all hours. The characters on the new server as Cipher pointed out won't be keepable, but we could put an end to this CTD once and for all if we get what we need.

That said either Cipher or myself (or both) will send you a PM with details (if you haven't received already)

4 hours ago, TempestNWK said:

don't spose we could run both live and PTR at the same time, or will that interfere with testing ?

This is fine, the launchers and servers are isolated from each other.

Thanks for the help!

• Upvote 1

I was actually running both live and PTR for a while last night, can confirm it works well.

It takes a little time to get set up once you get in, as you have to explore sectors to travel around, as well as fix settings like action key buttons, key bindings, and of course stocking up on ammo (for the ammo users).

I for one played with 3 other players each running 1 toon. Aside from 4 people not being able to do a raid, we had no crash/lag/disconnect issues in a combat moment of 3 waves of fish from cooper (all at once) it was actually fun.

I have high hopes this will propel this project to the next level of development, as we will not be riddled with the latency complaints that have plagued us thus far.

Ever More In Search Of.....

We've made a lot of progress on patching bugs out but we still need more people actively flying around to be sure we've tackled all of them.

If helping us test is something you're interested in then please don't hesitate to reply to this thread or send me a message on the Forums and I'll get you on the PTR server ASAP.

Thanks!

I frequently get crashes when gating and docking or even just sitting for too long.  I am willing to help test but I am not to savy but willing, weeknights this coming week and next weekend if need be.  Thanks for all you folks do for the game.

1 hour ago, ThorvaldMarr said:

I can help, only need any details as to when this occurs so I can make sure I'm there!   

The PTR is up 24/7 until we're sure that everything is working great.

I'm sending you a PM now.

The PTR is now open for anyone to register and test out.

If you're interested in trying out characters at max level with all skills and some decent gear while helping us test then come register and hang out on the PTR server for a bit!

Read the following thread to get started:

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.