Progen Privateer

This guide is for players that are new to the Progen Privateer, and are looking for help about there class along the way.

NOTE: There won't be much known about this class since it's still in the development stages, so frequent changes will be made to this post.

Advantages:

• The biggest advantage: They can Recharge Shields, good trade.
  • 5 Weapon Slots
  • 4 Device Slots
  • Critical Targeting – Adds critical strike damage.
  • Menace – Scare your enemies away.
  • Build skills – Build your own weapons, reactors, shields, and components
  • Navigate – Allows you to warp and move faster
  • Negotiate – Get better deals, whenever, wherever.
  • Shield inversion - Lets your shield add damage strikes
  • Recharge Shields – Recharge the targets shields

Disadvantages:

• Very slow
  • Not very versatile
  • Projectiles can get costly
  • High signature

------ Focus

Beam Weapon (8): ---

Projectile Weapon (9): ---

Missile Weapon (8): ---

Reactor Tech (9): Max

Device Tech (8): Max

Engine Tech (8): Max

Shield Tech (9): Max

Critical Targeting (5): ---

Menace (5): ---

Shield Inversion (7): ---

Recharge Shields (7): ---

Negotiate (7): ---

Navigate (5): ---

Build Components (7): ---

Build Shields (7): ---

Build Reactors (7): ---

Build Weapons (7): ---

Advantages:

• --------------------
  • --------------------
  • --------------------
  • --------------------

Disadvantages:

• --------------------
  • --------------------
  • --------------------
  • --------------------

Hints and Tips

Grouping:

----------------------------------------------

Solo:

Starting out:

After you finish your newbie missions you have a choice to make. First you must choose which weapon you are going to specialize in. This will make all the difference in the world. It will change your solo and group tactics and how you do combat in the future. A brief rundown is that terrans specialize in missile technology. While they hit hard from afar, they can get very costly. Progen specialize in projectiles have a medium range and do good damage, but also can get costly, but less then missiles. Jenquai specialize in beams that are close range combat and require no upkeep. Many simply choose beams because it is cost effective. Choose the one that’s right for you.

You must also choose what type of class you want to play as putting points into skills will make a big difference later on. So choose carefully and pick the one that suits you. Plan you character early and it will save you a lot of time when you get into the higher levels. You can’t go back and change your character, so whatever you use your points for you’re stuck with it unless you can find a Progen Sentinel with "Call Forward".

Advanced tips:

1. build ammo (build weapons)

2. some progen missile launchers give projectile energy conservation which can be ideal

3. the only class to build Progen only reactors - these were missing from live @ player made and inferior reactors

that could be built by jequai were made! Privateers are here to supply the Progen.

This class primarily is a build class, but is also quite handy in battle.

While I think this information is better suited in a wiki format (easier for multiple people to collaborate and refine this knowledge - webmaster's note) I suggest adding a point about the weapon choices:

When deciding the weapon type to specialize in, remember that each race only has one weapon skill that goes up to 9. For example: If you are a Progen and decide to use missile launchers, remember that you will only be able to get a maximum of level 8 guns since that is not your race's specialty. The same holds true for all races:

Terran:

Missile Weapons - 9

Projectile Weapons - 8

Beam Weapons - 8

Jenquai:

Missile Weapons - 8

Projectile Weapons - 8

Beam Weapons - 9

Progen:

Missile Weapons - 8

Projectile Weapons - 9

Beam Weapons - 8

Quick question on reactor build skill. Can Jenquais make progen reactors at all or is there some kind of game restrictions on that. And vice versa, can PP make Jenq reactors?

Thanks!

As long as something isn't "Jenquai restricted" then a Jenquai can build it (I have to admit I'm not sure about "Progen Only" or "Terran Only") and vice versa

As long as something isn't "Jenquai restricted" then a Jenquai can build it (I have to admit I'm not sure about "Progen Only" or "Terran Only") and vice versa

Yes, Race "A" can make items that are "Race B Only" or "Race C Only" - it's the "Race A Restricted" tag that makes things non-manu for them. (A, B, and C being used to represent generics for any of the 3 races here).

Yes, thats correct.

The missile suggestion is for those who may not be advancing many build paths (if this is true then you may consider one of the two alternatives); in conjunction with a main Projectile Skill.

Bricole line of missile launcher x1 and a higher line all give projectile energy conservation, considering how energy dependent the projectiles can be this may be ideal for Privateers. It also allows for a 'ranged lure attack'.

1 x Missile, 1 to 4 x Projectiles - a possibility to consider.

======

Reactors.

When live and when Jenquai were the only reactor builders the Progen were fairly limited to player made reactors. That shoudn't be an issue anymore; with reactors being used with Progen skills on them!

A word about the manufacturing on EB live. There where items (weaps,devices,engines,shields etc.)that would be either:

A.open to all to use if they had the skill level for it.

B.restricted to a class or race specific in the case of race it would say something like jenquai technology skill needed,or progen tech skill needed etc.

C.or would say excluding X race or class in rare instances.

Reactors where made only by jenquai players..so any reactor that had a "progen tech" restriction on it couldn't be player made..even though all the jenny and terran buff reactors could be made by them. So the reactors that had the choice progen buffs either had to be vendor bought or looted...a decided disadvantage as player made could be at 200% quality making them twice as good as a vendor bought.

As to devices..the sentinals and the jenny explorers were the only device makers...but once again there was progen or jenquai tech restrictions..so if you was a progen that needed a progen tech device you could at least get it from a sentinel or a explorer if you was jenquai.

Almost all ammo could be made by all ammo making classes with very specific exceptions in endgame content. Some of the weapons where race/class but you had a class that could make them. So reactors was the one real flaw in the manufacture as terrans could use most and build all (except devices) other things.

As to devices..the sentinals and the jenny explorers were the only device makers...but once again there was progen or jenquai tech restrictions..so if you was a progen that needed a progen tech device you could at least get it from a sentinel or a explorer if you was jenquai.[...] Some of the weapons where race/class but you had a class that could make them. So reactors was the one real flaw in the manufacture as terrans could use most and build all (except devices) other things.

I agreed with everything not quoted above, but...

TT's couldn't build devices? huh? They could. So could JD's (fuzzy on that one). I remember build devices being on both of those classes, making a total of four (TT, PS, JE, JD) that could build devices, with the TT at the best advantage of being able to build all things (including their own components) EXCEPT reactors. Terrans also seem to have better luck with the "Race A Only" stuff as I recall - as long as it wasn't "Terran Restricted" or a Reactor it could be analyzed by a TT.

According to these two links, this is correct:

http://www.earthandbeyond.ca/community/coolstuff/enbplaner/defender.html

http://www.earthandbeyond.ca/community/coolstuff/enbplaner/trader.html

1. build ammo (build weapons)

2. some progen missile launchers give projectile energy conservation which can be ideal

3. the only class to build Progen only reactors - these were missing from live @ player made and inferior reactors

that could be built by jequai were made! Privateers are here to supply the Progen.

This class primarily is a build class, but is also quite handy in battle.

IMO the PP would have been huge in Live , i'm glad we have it here , ( TT who ? )... :)

I agreed with everything not quoted above, but...

TT's couldn't build devices? huh? They could. So could JD's (fuzzy on that one). I remember build devices being on both of those classes, making a total of four (TT, PS, JE, JD) that could build devices, with the TT at the best advantage of being able to build all things (including their own components) EXCEPT reactors. Terrans also seem to have better luck with the "Race A Only" stuff as I recall - as long as it wasn't "Terran Restricted" or a Reactor it could be analyzed by a TT.

According to these two links, this is correct:

http://www.earthandbeyond.ca/community/coolstuff/enbplaner/defender.html

http://www.earthandbeyond.ca/community/coolstuff/enbplaner/trader.html

You are correct of the 6 classes from live the only ones who couldn't build devices were the Progen Warrior & the Terran Enforcer. Add the Progen Privateer and there are only 3 classes that cannot build devices.

Would love to see some reactor buff devices geared for the PP in the future. As a support class current reactors are adequate but for solo fighting, I am finding the PP has sever reactor issues.

As with all clases, some balance must be maintained to keep them from becoming over powered, this I understand. But you have to choose to fire limited numbers of weapons to kill some mobs because the reactor drain imposed by shield charging just devours the reactor.

5 guns a firing doesn't make a happy reactor.

Would love to see some reactor buff devices geared for the PP in the future. As a support class current reactors are adequate but for solo fighting, I am finding the PP has sever reactor issues.

As with all clases, some balance must be maintained to keep them from becoming over powered, this I understand. But you have to choose to fire limited numbers of weapons to kill some mobs because the reactor drain imposed by shield charging just devours the reactor.

5 guns a firing doesn't make a happy reactor.

Most of your reactor buff devices are going to be geared toward the Jenquai, since Reactors is their thing. JT has a new skill that buffs reactors, and JE have several devices that can be used to buff teammates reactors as well as transfer reactor energy. These things are there so groups have a reason to bring an Explorer or Seeker along. A few of the devices a JE can use to buff your reactor are also useable by a TE (scout) and a few by a PE. The Steingerd's Embrace also gives reactor recharge, and is usable by all races/classes.

PT does bring the ability to get PM Progen reactors, so that should help a little, but bring a Seeker along, with L7 Reactor Optimization, and have her cast it on you. It'll make your reactor have 25% more cap, and 20% more recharge.

• 2 weeks later...

I dunno why but, I have some ideas about changes to this class.

1) I think that Shield Inversion should be reduced from 7 to 5 this way the Progen Warrior would still be the only class with rank 7. I do see SI-7 + SR-7 as an IWIN Button, sure you can't use them at the same time but one button click is all you need to recharge.

2) I do believe that, Gravity Link - 5 should be added since it seems to be a progen racial skill, it would also help out the PP with combat capabilities sure it does have Menace but unless you have rank 5 into it the skill is almost useless.

3) After some though Hull Patch - 5 might be a nice addition but; if it is added it only needs to remain as a rank of 5 an no higher to keep Terran's on top for hull patching capabilities.

4) Since it's a support/combat class that it couldn't hurt to be given Repair Equipment - 7 or 5, sure most combat classes have it not many really use the skill but it does come in handy especially when you're very far from a station.

1) I think that Shield Inversion should be reduced from 7 to 5 this way the Progen Warrior would still be the only class with rank 7. I do see SI-7 + SR-7 as an IWIN Button, sure you can't use them at the same time but one button click is all you need to recharge.

2) I do believe that, Gravity Link - 5 should be added since it seems to be a progen racial skill, it would also help out the PP with combat capabilities sure it does have Menace but unless you have rank 5 into it the skill is almost useless.

3) After some though Hull Patch - 5 might be a nice addition but; if it is added it only needs to remain as a rank of 5 an no higher to keep Terran's on top for hull patching capabilities.

4) Since it's a support/combat class that it couldn't hurt to be given Repair Equipment - 7 or 5, sure most combat classes have it not many really use the skill but it does come in handy especially when you're very far from a station.

Shield Recharge + Hull Patch + Repair Equipment?? Really? Seems rather extreme.

Shield Recharge + Hull Patch + Repair Equipment?? Really? Seems rather extreme.

They're called idea's...

The only two that could be added really is make shield inversion rank 5 and add gravity link skill, the other two would most defiantly never happen.

So how are the PT's in solo and group combat especially at L150? On live my 2 main character's were a L150 PE and a L150 PW, loved the raw firepower and survivability of the PW and loved the moderate firepower and versatility of the PE. Just looking at the skill list they almost look too good on paper 5 weapon slots, crit targeting, menace, shield recharge...I hope people will still invite my PE to groups lol. So I just wanted to get some opinions from those who have first had experience with the PT in combat situations especially in the higher levels, are they as good as they look on paper, what issues do they suffer from the most, how is solo leveling? I do plan to make my own PT eventually but for my first character I went with a PE since that's what I know best.

PP is a brilliant class, it's just slow and demands a lot of reactor finesse to use properly.

It has less damage output than a PW, sure, but it has so much more staying power due to recharge shields skill. I never used shield inversion. Menace is usless even maxed out on any mob over ~cl53.

Is Menace really useless at the higher levels? It has been 5 years and no doubt my memory is a bit rusty but I recall using Menace to good effect on mobs up to cl55 even, maybe I had a device or something to boost it's effectiveness. I do remember Shield Inversion being pretty useless at the higher levels on my PW though.

WOW.

I dont mean it as a flame, but there is no way to describe your suggestion other than retarded.

Shield inversion as it stands with 7 levels is already not hot, together with the inability to use recharge shields while it's up(presuming this is still the case) makes it a borderline skillpoints waste.

The figures:

L7 does 21 x 7 x 130% = 191.1 dps to all within 2.5k range

L5 does 15 x 5 x 110% = 82.5 dps to a single target

L7 does dismal amounts of damage when you have level 9 weapons, and the greatest use it had was farming RD faction due to it being AOE dmg.

L5 is a whole different case but you don't know that because if you did you would not have made such a suggestion.

You call yourself a guide maker? :)

Heads up.

I've asked the Item Developers to modify the Crimson Force Barrier to have a skill to favour the Privateer.

It already has one for the Warrior and one for the Sentinel. The Privateer being a new class deserves a skill also (The Shield Regeneration Skill has been suggested).

[Progen Content DEV]

** Sometimes, I'm nice...