Lack of faction mobs to realign reputation

Mattsacre

The Problem:

Today I was attempting to help another player recover their Sharim rep, they had gone too far killing RD and every RD kill gave them a Sharim hit as well. They had gone so far into red with Sharim that they couldn't dock the Sharim factioned stations, this precluded them accessing the class leader in that station and using the half eaten suit method to realign rep.

The natural enemy of Sharim is Collegia, so they correctly surmised that killing some Collegia would be a way to tip the scales back with Sharim..at least enough so they could dock and then use the suit method. So, attempting to find them some collegia to whack for the faction switch, ran us into a problem, there is a serious lack of Collegia to kill! The only ones I knew about were the 3x L35 in endriago sector, these had a reasonable respawn, but really, a L150 killing L35....it was going to be a hellacious time sink for them.

Querying other players got us no other real solutions, nobody could think of any sugnificant spawn spots either. Thus the post.

The solution:

All the "original" classes had some spot, if not several spots, that players could kill mobs to adjust rep with. The Sharim weren't "original" but have had several spawns scattered about, most noteably in nishuan and castor. The Hyperia, off hand I can't think of sugnificant mobs, nor the Collegia either.

IMO there needs to be some factioned mobs of those two scattered about, like the "original" classes, so people that tip one way or other rep wise can make corrections. Ideally there should be low, medium and high level mobs so each level of player can use them. I would think that "home" sectors should have some "guarding" assets irregardless of were else they might pop up. Altair III and NV should definetly have some Collegia on guard duty, right now there isn't a single one. Proxima Centari should also have some Hyperia assets on guard.

High end there should be upper tier factioned mobs, so high level toons can kill them, the Grissom patrol and paladins in cygni61 are good examples of PW/TE factioned mobs, there need to be also some of all the other factions somewere.

Actually it is CL50 (not 150) killing CL35's...

By just killing L35 Chavez, I got my default RD -4000 faction to 2000+ in less than two days... So it happens...

However, you are right on some cases, not many factional farm mobs, take EC for instance... L50 & L40 ones taking long time to kill due shield / hull , fastest spawning ones are L25's and numbers are few... L33's at Earth is hidden so deep that they are practically off the map...

There are other ways ofcourse. Each job gives 40 faction, if miner, each asteroid cleaning job gives 100 faction per... 

Not to mention half-eaten suits, there is a market for that...

Edited by SiSL

Jobs would take more than a few days. There are 2 or 3 Sharim Trader jobs available. I too have this faction problem. I can kill Chavez to lower RD, but Sharim will take forever doing jobs, (and that is too much like work). In my case, I must do 200 jobs to drop my faction enough to dock at Sharim stations.

Jobs would take more than a few days. There are 2 or 3 Sharim Trader jobs available. I too have this faction problem. I can kill Chavez to lower RD, but Sharim will take forever doing jobs, (and that is too much like work). In my case, I must do 200 jobs to drop my faction enough to dock at Sharim stations.

I didn't say it was an EASY button but if something is needed before the devs change the software to accommodate this problem it can be done.

The Sharim and RD thing is the same as it was in the original, but now Sharim own stations, which they should.  I do agree with the general premise that there should be spots for farming low level members of all 9 factions, simply because sometimes people are going to want to do that.  In Primus, there's a nav that's has a Progen construction, something or other, that should have many low level (L6ish) drones that are of Centuriata faction.    Not sure if those are in game, but if they're not, they should.  There should also be a spawn in Endriago near the gate to Lagarto, that's good for farming, but I think those should be low level Sabine.

The Sharim and RD thing is the same as it was in the original, but now Sharim own stations, which they should.  I do agree with the general premise that there should be spots for farming low level members of all 9 factions, simply because sometimes people are going to want to do that.  In Primus, there's a nav that's has a Progen construction, something or other, that should have many low level (L6ish) drones that are of Centuriata faction.    Not sure if those are in game, but if they're not, they should.  There should also be a spawn in Endriago near the gate to Lagarto, that's good for farming, but I think those should be low level Sabine.

There were the primus and endriago ones Old Live (tm) , not now however, there used to be lots of fast respawn centriata/sabine mobs in and around the gene repository, not any now. There are some centriata on primus L25+, not nearly the amount of Old Live (tm) though. To get sabine you have to go as far as Rag near dolor moon.

Jobbing would give faction, but would be a ludicrous amount of time to recover 4k rep, enough to allow them to get into station to then use suits and correct the other 2k or so rep.

The only two reasonable routes I see is either more faction mobs with a wide CL spread, or the class leaders accessable other than the faction owned stations (this would not make sense really for storyline). Of course you could drop faction reps into a neutral location (say F7/N7) and seperate the suit trades from the class leaders, then only if they screwed glenn or n7 faction would they be denigned suit route.

But consider something else for adding faction mobs types: Loot tables, factioned mobs could be tailored to have a more likely drop of class type loot, kill a PP faction mob and they have better chances of dropping PP/progen gear than say a nonsense Jenquia class/race gear. That has been a long time "bug" in start sectors, it makes no sense to have PS/JE/TS gear be mined from hulks of the others start sector, if the other class couldn't even get into that sector, how the heck would there be a "hulk" of that type to pull other races gear from? Same with other areas, there is a proponderence of jenquia/terran gear dropping from mobs that shouldn't be even able to use it. While renegade progen aren't of the 3 progen class anymore, they didn't suddenly become jenquia and start being able to use their gear. :)

• Upvote 1

Ahh, but it was easy to shoot hundreds of RD's.

Unfortunately, this does not mean it should be easy to reverse the effects. This is the intended nature of consequence that comes with factional changes, true in almost every game that supports factions. :)

Perhaps maybe Venus station should be all 3 races aliagned, there are those 3 capital ships outside cooperating on its defense,and Venus wasn't in Old Live (tm) so they have a previously unaligned station to work with.  It's not really "taking" a station from one faction or another and giving it to another (hey that sounds familiar....isn't that redistributionism i.e. Obamanomics? :))

Sure, Venera Highport could be owned by Highport Authority.  Everyone would start out on friendly terms, say around +2000, with them, and they can show up in the various job terminals, as well as have some mission NPCs.  Since it's outside of Beta Hydri, it would probably be more fitting than being owned by Glenn Commission.

Hmm had same problem with my TT (killed lotsa RD -10k) noticed i cant dock at Joves and some other stations at -3k with sharim.. stopped killing RD's did jobs from N7. Now Joves =yellow=all fine.. so how the heck can someone get that bad into Sharim faction without seeing the consequences??

Still at -6k RD faction and doin a Chavez massacre now and then to get BBW access someday..

Did anyone test if friend factions loose same amount if killed sister faction?

I mean if I loose -10 RD, do I loose -10 sharim too or different number or less... If same amount that feels wrong for some reason, if half that might be more appropiate for not directly killing the sister faction.

If it works like Live, then you'd have the biggest change in the faction you're killing, while their enemies and allies give you smaller faction adjustments.   One would have to check the numbers to be sure, though.  Makes you think twice about killing the RD base in AP.

Not sure on the exact numbers, in emulator, but in Live generally killing a low level mob gave -6 to the faction you killed, -1 or -2 to their friends, and +1 or +2 to their enemies.

Old Live (tm) it was half hit to sister faction, so for every 2 faction lost from RD you took 1 from Sharim. Killing a Collegia gives 2 for sharim gets 1 RD.

Hmm had same problem with my TT (killed lotsa RD -10k) noticed i cant dock at Joves and some other stations at -3k with sharim.. stopped killing RD's did jobs from N7. Now Joves =yellow=all fine.. so how the heck can someone get that bad into Sharim faction without seeing the consequences??

Still at -6k RD faction and doin a Chavez massacre now and then to get BBW access someday..

As to how do they kill and not see Sharims loss? It was a player playing a PW, quite often they don't go into Jupiter or SE or Kaalasia or even Castor. :) It would be quite easy for a PW using shield nova to have a wide swing in faction one way or anothe,r without even entering some other space to see you might be making  a mistake. The PW I was helping wasn't even aware, until to late that is, that fragging RD was also fragging Sharim rep.

Live there was a like problem, PW would help people faction via shield nova in a group, and would find themselves locked out of sector because gate turrets had a shoot on sight. They couldn't get back into tarsis or primus to take missions to rectify their poor centriata/sabine faction, sort of a catch 22. Thats one of the reasons they had sister factions added in, so that you could kill X mob to bring up what you lacked in Y faction .5, then kill X's enemy to rectify what you fragged getting Y faction fixed.

Thats why the lack of Collegia is a problem, you got to kill them to rectify Sharim, but got to watch you don't push some other sister faction to Collegia over the edge...etc.

Ideally there should be three ways that a player can always change their faction:

1) CL = Killing mobs that raise faction:  This requires an adequate number of mobs but does not require high level mobs.  Simply tossing a bunch of low level mobs in a few different spots should fix this.  Killing your own faction is bad and I see no reason that there should be a ton of high level mobs to make it easier.

2) Trade = Jobs that give the faction in question.  There really should be a decent number of jobs to allow traders, that don't want to kill mobs, the ability to raise their faction.  Add them to out of the way stations or stations that are not used that much.

3) Explore = turning in suits.  There really should be a few different places where suits can be turned in on multi-faction stations. The easiest would be to make Joves, Earth, and Mars neutral for all three of their factions.  However the devs may want to add additional stations and/or missions to unlock these secondary suit turn in spots.  I would be impressed if they added a Chavez or RD station where this could be turned in.  Maybe these guys would give less faction because they are pirate double agents.

• Upvote 2

Why not just allow the NPCs on Venera Highport to take the suits as an alternative to the people who already take them.  Perhaps lower value for faction or Trade XP.  There are Terran, Progen, and Jenquai NPCs are in the lobby there.  Bargatate Stet is one of the NPCs there, she could take Terran suits, and ask which faction you'd like to apply them to, Grandmaster Urfer (sp?) could take Jenquai suits, and there's a Procounsel there that could take the Progen ones.  All 3 would just ask which faction you'd like to apply the suits to.

I feel more mobs should be added for this in addition to alternate NPC drop points for suits. I can only assume it wouldn't be a problem to add extra mobs in some of the above mentioned sectors, but these mobs would not make it in-game until next week.

I feel more mobs should be added for this in addition to alternate NPC drop points for suits. I can only assume it wouldn't be a problem to add extra mobs in some of the above mentioned sectors, but these mobs would not make it in-game until next week.

With hulk fields nerf fix , may be RD Mahjong Tiles could be added to non-RD Mechanics and Half Eaten Suits to Organics loot tables as random trash loot with their respective levels?

Edited by SiSL