Mailbox?

You can transfer items between characters on your linked accounts on the N7 portal. Log in and click on account. The items for transfer must be in your vault, and both toons involved in the transfer may not be logged into the game.

they might be in the future, but I believe I temporarily forbade the idea of credit transfer until such time as we could ensure it, right now they could go into the nether and we wouldn't be able to track them (and nobody wants that..)

Plus there were some other reasons. We would have to tax you for a credit transfer as it were for one, and how much is fair? It can't be too little, it can't be too much. We have to figure all that out.

We should also keep community aspects in mind.
You need to be in "contact" to other players when not able to transfer via Portal - which is a huge aspect still to everything we do with webservices.

Maybe at a point limiting it to toons being linked to your account, so only transfering of credits between your own toons, which could be justified due to missing multiboxing abilities for instance.
Still a lot to come down the road tho... :w00t:

[quote name='Kyp' timestamp='1336749251' post='57700']
they might be in the future, but I believe I temporarily forbade the idea of credit transfer until such time as we could ensure it, right now they could go into the nether and we wouldn't be able to track them (and nobody wants that..)

Plus there were some other reasons. We would have to tax you for a credit transfer as it were for one, and how much is fair? It can't be too little, it can't be too much. We have to figure all that out.
[/quote]

inb4 democrats vs republicans in this thread.

10percent.

Democrat and Republican ideas about how tax shouldn't exist will summarily result in the individual being thrown out the nearest airlock, that is all. (Tax is necessary, whether anyone likes it or not, although perhaps 'fee' is a better word... cause I mean, that's how banks get you with their psuedo-governmental taxes, right?)
  • Upvote 1

[quote name='Terrell' timestamp='1336533160' post='57524']
You can transfer items between characters on your linked accounts on the N7 portal. Log in and click on account. The items for transfer must be in your vault, and both toons involved in the transfer may not be logged into the game.
[/quote]

Just to clarify Terrell - I believe they need to be in your Cargo Hold for the transfer - not the vault.

[quote name='Algaron' timestamp='1336770651' post='57723']
Just to clarify Terrell - I believe they need to be in your Cargo Hold for the transfer - not the vault.
[/quote]

Every transfer I've done so far on the N7 Portal has been items in my vault. Now if I dual box, then the items are in my cargo hold, and traded between toons via the usual trade window. When my JT made a MtL beam for my JE, I put it in her vault, logged her off, and used the service to transfer the beam to my JE. The beam showed up in my JE's vault. I love this service, since my main JE and my JT are on the same account, and most toon transfers I do involve my JE and either my JT or my Terran Explorer all of whom are on the same account.

[quote name='Algaron' timestamp='1336802338' post='57746']
Ah there you go then and you correct the services provided here are the tops bar none.
[/quote]

What has been corrected ? Tops bar?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Shaddex translated for me (me = non native english) and since i never heard that phrasing, i was irritated.

But now i know what you are saying - TNX !! :w00t:

Here's a Walk through with Picture to help with the mail.

[url="https://forum.enb-emulator.com/index.php?/topic/6933-walk-through-mail-in-game-with-pictures/page__pid__57753#entry57753"]https://forum.enb-emulator.com/index.php?/topic/6933-walk-through-mail-in-game-with-pictures/page__pid__57753#entry57753[/url]

Note: it did cost me 2,000 Credits to send two level 4 comps to Vaden. Dam and I charged him only 2 credits :mad: :P

[quote name='Zackman' timestamp='1336824377' post='57752']

Shaddex translated for me (me = non native english) and since i never heard that phrasing, i was irritated.

[/quote][quote name='Zackman' timestamp='1336824377' post='57752']

[/quote]

:D yah sorry bout that - should have read "its the tops , bar none"

• 2 weeks later...
I could understand a flat fee per item transferred. This would be a basic credit sink to remove credits from the economy. At the moment the EMU's economy is so far out of whack that such a 'tax' wouldn't be a big deal but setting up a standard now, that could be checked for balance when a credit and/or player wipe eventually occurs, might be very effective. Maybe base it on item level (100 creds for a level 1 item, 200 for a level 2, 100000 for a level 7, etc)?

10% for credit transfers feels a bit too much imo. The best credit sinks are those that people use a lot and losing 10% of a toons credits might just result in people not using it. Maybe 3%-5% would be a little less harsh?