Items not dropping: Engines, Shields, & Reactors

Items not dropping: Engines, Shields, and Reactors

[list][*]The following is a list of engines, shields, and reactorswhich, as near as I can tell, are not dropping and probably should be.Specifically these items are:[*]Not tied to storyline progression and so have norestrictions (i.e. Virix items and Bogi items over lvl5, etc).[*]Have no player (i.e. not dev or gm) toons with the prints inthe DB.[/list]In most cases most of a line drops and only one or two aremissing.

See my post on beams for list of caveats.

Hopefully this helps.

Engines:

[list][*]Idle Hands (L2)[*]Kraken Motivator (L2)[*]Used Dashmaster (L1), Refitted Dashmaster (L2), and New Dashmaster (L3)[*]Rancorous Drive (L2)[*]Wanderer (L2)[*]Zeuse Max (L9)[/list]
Shields:

[list][*]SH-X9 "Great Dane" Mk IX (L9)[*]Ronin Yoroi Shield Ni (L3), Ronin Yoroi Shield San (L4)[/list]
Reactors:

[list][*]Heart of the Dragon (L9)[*]Warrior's Heart Delta (L9)[*]Cygnus NGC 9 (L9)[/list]

Updated: Included full item name for Ever, and added content from the thread to provide an updated list. Edited by Lannister
  • Upvote 1

Lott,

Golden Eagle drops off one of the named CL66 Progen Capital ships in Tarsis.
Warriors Heart was dropping off the Kewi base modules, but I think they fixed that.
Ronnin Yori was an error on my part - will add it back up above.

Heart of the Dragon was in live myself and 2 other builders had it on Galileo. Unfortunately memory no longer there where it came from but a guess would have been BBW/RD Base at the time we acquired, before cluedart Taliskar (Item DEV) I presume messed something up like always.

[quote name='Redd' timestamp='1311106999' post='43428']
Heart of the Dragon was in live myself and 2 other builders had it on Galileo. Unfortunately memory no longer there where it came from but a guess would have been BBW/RD Base at the time we acquired, before cluedart Taliskar (Item DEV) I presume messed something up like always.
[/quote]

Yes, it dropped around the RD base in AP - the rumours said it was from the Ghost CL5Xs.

remember the asylum shields had the net-7 news visual effect around it and were a reward for writing contests in live. The effect probably doesn't work yet but either way it shouldn't be dropping. maybe in the future we could use it for something similar.

[quote name='Lannister' timestamp='1311096234' post='43416']
Golden Eagle drops off one of the named CL66 Progen Capital ships in Tarsis.
Warriors Heart was dropping off the Kewi base modules, but I think they fixed that.
Ronnin Yori was an error on my part - will add it back up above.
[/quote]

Why does Golden Eagle drop from a Progen ship?! Highest level terran NPC would be better. I think in live it used to drop from either a CL50 Earthcorps or was there a CL6X in Luna?

Why does WH9 drop from Kuei base modules??! It's nothing to do with RDs! In live it dropped from a high level Sabine floating about in the Lagarto fields, it was probably 60+. Better if it dropped from the capital ships in Tarsis, at least they're Progen.

On a different note: Gold Scale L6 and Falkirk Delta L5 both buyable in Charon Cloister.

IMO neither should be available from the vendor (may be lower levels perhaps not at all any level).

They do drop and in live were not vendor sold. Edited by Lot

[quote name='Lot' timestamp='1311266441' post='43475']
On a different note: Gold Scale L6 and Falkirk Delta L5 both buyable in Charon Cloister.

IMO neither should be available from the vendor (may be lower levels perhaps not at all any level).

They do drop and in live were not vendor sold.
[/quote]

I like the idea of having certain RD loot items available from an RD vendor. Darrin required good RD faction (at least +2k) to be able to purchase from him. It is a nice option for those who wish to remain RD positive and would prefer not to farm RD for those drops.
  • Upvote 1

I won't add to the specific items here, but in general i am finding it very hard to "make a living" as a lv130 pw with the lack of, shall i say "venderable items" that are needed to keep some sort of economic survival. For example, the manes are a complete joke to kill with their constant drop of "manes essence" which sells for about what you would expect to see from a lv 10 mob... even with the lv40+ manes... and there are others, like the Zen Angel lv 42 job spawn(forgot its real name) that drops some lv4 crystal, or thereabouts, worth about two cups of coffee.

Heck i even had to loan my character 10million from my JE (those lucrative ores are the only money makers in game right now) and i'm still losing ground, and my PW is now around 6 million, when i should be making money. My character is hardly an "ace builder" who is constantly giving away free builds to guild members or new players either... my main costs are making my own ammo and pl's, and people often build stuff for me for free when i buy the comps... How the heck do you people make a living giving away lv 8 and 9 builds?? Somebody yesterday wanted 500 million for a black spit... Who the hell has that kind of cash? What are you killing?

I hope it is possible to increase some of the drops of "venderable items" as well as all the great uber and preferred items listed above, because unless the cost of building and comps is hacked down, my PW is going to be sitting outside F7 with a cup begging for spare change...

Can you spare some change for a poor progen? [Thank you sir!]

Just thought i'd stick this in here... i have noticed this problem for quite some time now.

I like that idea Lannister. IMO I think it's a good thing to have alternate means to get items from factioned mobs, that don't require you to make an enemy of someone you are trying to make a friend of. The Faction requirement of being +2K or better is reasonable to me. Perhaps there could be better choices in those cases where someone has a faction of say +5K or +9K.

Cappy makes a very good point on the issue of Manes. My issue with them is a bit different than his, but they do come together in that it's not beneficial for Warriors to kill them. It's a net credit loss in terms of ammunition for them, it's next to nil trade XP vendoring them, and even with the Turn in, it makes more sense for a warrior to farm low level manes (less than L10) than to kill higher level ones. Mid level or higher Manes will mostly have fights against the explorer classes, since they're often orefield guardians, as there's no point in killing a CL 51 Splended Manes, for a few L2 Manes Essences, that give very little credits, and no Trade XP from anyone other than Josher.

[quote name='Lannister' timestamp='1311278186' post='43482']
I like the idea of having certain RD loot items available from an RD vendor. Darrin required good RD faction (at least +2k) to be able to purchase from him. It is a nice option for those who wish to remain RD positive and would prefer not to farm RD for those drops.
[/quote]
Get someone else to farm it for you. Or are you playing single player EnB?

[quote name='Lannister' timestamp='1311278186' post='43482']
[/quote]

In principle I would agree but not the top level stuff in a series of items - for example the Jade/Silver/Gold Scale shields L4 through L6. It might be alright to vendor sell the L4 but IMO not alright to sell the L6 and the L6 should be available only as loot.

Otherwise obtaining recipes just becomes face-rolling-easy once you've gotten RD faction (or more likely someone else has gotten RD faction and becomes a distributor on your behalf).

Another option is for the loot that drops off RDs also be dropping off some mobs in BBW/Paramis, if it's too good an item to be in a vendor. That way players still fight for the prints, but having earned RD faction they can fight for them without damaging their RD faction.

[quote name='Terrell' timestamp='1311302142' post='43495']
Another option is for the loot that drops off RDs also be dropping off some mobs in BBW/Paramis, if it's too good an item to be in a vendor. That way players still fight for the prints, but having earned RD faction they can fight for them without damaging their RD faction.
[/quote]
In live some RD equipment used to drop from the drones in BBW. I can't remember if the same equipment dropped from other sources. My memory from those days is getting a bit hazy. I don't know what it's like in the EMU either, since I have very poor RD-faction and no high level toon to hunt with.

[quote name='cappy' timestamp='1311280142' post='43484']
I won't add to the specific items here, but in general i am finding it very hard to "make a living" as a lv130 pw with the lack of, shall i say "venderable items" that are needed to keep some sort of economic survival. For example, the manes are a complete joke to kill with their constant drop of "manes essence" which sells for about what you would expect to see from a lv 10 mob... even with the lv40+ manes... and there are others, like the Zen Angel lv 42 job spawn(forgot its real name) that drops some lv4 crystal, or thereabouts, worth about two cups of coffee.

Heck i even had to loan my character 10million from my JE (those lucrative ores are the only money makers in game right now) and i'm still losing ground, and my PW is now around 6 million, when i should be making money. My character is hardly an "ace builder" who is constantly giving away free builds to guild members or new players either... my main costs are making my own ammo and pl's, and people often build stuff for me for free when i buy the comps... How the heck do you people make a living giving away lv 8 and 9 builds?? Somebody yesterday wanted 500 million for a black spit... Who the hell has that kind of cash? What are you killing?

I hope it is possible to increase some of the drops of "venderable items" as well as all the great uber and preferred items listed above, because unless the cost of building and comps is hacked down, my PW is going to be sitting outside F7 with a cup begging for spare change...

Can you spare some change for a poor progen? [Thank you sir!]

Just thought i'd stick this in here... i have noticed this problem for quite some time now.
[/quote]

Cappy, don't you dare beg for credits as a PW(Progens don't beg). The drops have been reduced as a means to help balance the economy, and get the Market channel to work like it used to. Right now, it's a open/private chat channel for the Mega Print Builders.
The credits they have now, and the reason they just give builds away is because the drops were too high.(Other things factor in as to players having huge amounts of credits), but as a starter, your not going to get rich and level fast with any race.
Yes, some of the drops will be increased a bit so a player can afford to buy comps to have something built, but I just played a PW to lvl 30 in about 10 hours and had 68,000 credits before starting my lvl 30 hull upgrade. I also bought all my comps to have someone build my equips.
To give another player 10,000,000 in credits at lvl 30 is just a waste.
As to What a Mob drops that you feel is not right, feel free to send me a PM in the forums. I respond to ALL PMs within 24 hours M - F and will fix if necessary.

As for the rest of the list or lists of Equipables not dropping, I am sorry to inform all of you that I have stopped before finishing all of the Beams list. I have most of them in, but the rest will be put on hold as I want more Mobs in-game for player interaction and drop availability.
There are about 30% of the Mobs missing from the game right now, and yes, most are storyline related, but I am hoping to get more Mobs in to ease the Loot Tables of the current Mobs.
I therefore need the Lead Developers to add more Mob Spawns in their Sectors for me to populate with drops.
This will help balance the Economy, along with players having more options for leveling.
This is still Beta stage, please bare with us.

[quote name='Evermore' timestamp='1311560609' post='43595']
Cappy, don't you dare beg for credits as a PW(Progens don't beg). The drops have been reduced as a means to help balance the economy, and get the Market channel to work like it used to. Right now, it's a open/private chat channel for the Mega Print Builders.
The credits they have now, and the reason they just give builds away is because the drops were too high.(Other things factor in as to players having huge amounts of credits), but as a starter, your not going to get rich and level fast with any race.
Yes, some of the drops will be increased a bit so a player can afford to buy comps to have something built, but I just played a PW to lvl 30 in about 10 hours and had 68,000 credits before starting my lvl 30 hull upgrade. I also bought all my comps to have someone build my equips.
To give another player 10,000,000 in credits at lvl 30 is just a waste.
As to What a Mob drops that you feel is not right, feel free to send me a PM in the forums. I respond to ALL PMs within 24 hours M - F and will fix if necessary.
[/quote]

Ok, well i have found the tengu to be more lucrative... Killing the level 50 to 56 tengu i was able to go from 6 million to 32 million in a few days - and i'm at OL 144 now. I've burned the tin cup, and thankfully i won't have to suffer the humiliation of other progen for my transgression.

It was the manes and Zen Angels that i was killing earlier for combat jobs that i noticed were exceedingly lacking in drops. As i mentioned they drop very low level junk consistanty... the manes essence for manes and the Angels dropped a green crystal of some sort that is worth a few hundred credits iirc - and that is all i ever saw them drop. There are probably others, so will try to note them when i see them.

I remember killing the lv45 drones in BBW with my TE last year, and getting very good drops for credits, but last time i killed them (several months ago) it seemed they were pretty thin. This is livable as the game developes, but those manes and their essense really makes me avoid them, which is unfortunate, so hope you all find the time to add some items to the mobs i mentioned.

My main point here is that while i certainly understand the importance of mobs dropping uber items, buildable items and comps, etc.... i didn't want the issue of vender items to go unnoticed given the economic side of the game, and the need to vender some items.

Thanks,

Hey let me pay for that progen Ale... this one is on me. Edited by cappy
  • Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
theodosius delta,

not dropping anymore it seems, i had everything in the loot table dropping multiple times except the theodosius
i can't realy tell if the warriors pride delta drops due to the long spawn timer of the mob (teran one 5 mins progen one 30 mins ....)

grtz

I see here that someone says the Cygnus lvl9 isn't dropping. I'm here to tell ya that it must be because my JE, Surette, has it printed and has built several. Can't tell ya where it came from though. That part of my memory is beyond repair.