Agrippa Question - I'm confused...

OK, I admit, I'm thoroughly confused here as I seem to be running into circles with the Agrippa Missions...

What I've done :

1. Build Comps stages up to getting the 10 Stage 2 Encryption thingies
2. Completed the reactor mission to build the Theo Alphas
3. Complete the weapon mission to create the flechette ammo (not sure of the spelling) - if there is more than one, this is the first one

So I want to figure out how to proceed further with any of these... all the NPCs tells me I need to pass the Stage 2 exam (again) or I need to up my build skills (I'm already max at build comps, build weapons, build reactors), and when I talk to Composita (not sure of spelling again), he justs asks me for more trades for the stage 2 Encryption thingies, even when I have another one of the L4 Mobius items in cargo.

So how do I proceed forward?

Thanks. Edited by Peorth

[quote name='Ramses' timestamp='1302464872' post='38740']
Can this somehow be tied to overall level or HU level? Just a thought.

Oh and Hi Peorth =)
[/quote]

Heya Ramses :)

Good thought. It's possible that it could be tied to the overall level, and if that is the case, I would like to suggest to Byakhee to mention that in the mission dialogs. That way, at least for now, it can easier be determined if there is a bug or not in the missions. Currently, there isn't really much to go on as to whether I ran into a bug or not with the missions.

[quote name='Peorth' timestamp='1302471373' post='38748']
Heya Ramses :)

Good thought. It's possible that it could be tied to the overall level, and if that is the case, I would like to suggest to Byakhee to mention that in the mission dialogs. That way, at least for now, it can easier be determined if there is a bug or not in the missions. Currently, there isn't really much to go on as to whether I ran into a bug or not with the missions.
[/quote]
follow-up / bonus mission might need special item in your hold or faction. security device / ammo are two that onlocks.

mobius was component stage 2 exam. each line has own item at L9 to analyze/build.

Stage II now definately requires Collegia Faction.

No, the follow on missions are not tied to overall level, they are tied to skill level and Stage II / III to faction.

However, stage I is very interlinked with each class so you may need to gain an item that someone else has made. No one class can complete stage I on their own.

[quote name='Byakhee' timestamp='1302475143' post='38753']
Stage II now definately requires Collegia Faction.

No, the follow on missions are not tied to overall level, they are tied to skill level and Stage II / III to faction.

However, stage I is very interlinked with each class so you may need to gain an item that someone else has made. No one class can complete stage I on their own.
[/quote]

So I guess the better questions are :

1. Build Comps - after getting the 10 Stage 2 Encryption thingies, what am I suppose to do next? NPCs tell me (a) that I need to take the stage 2 test again and then simply stops there after I pick up the L4 Mobius item from the NPC that starts with an "I" at N. Vor or (:) asks if I want to trade for more Stage 2 Encryption thingies. What do I do next to proceed forward (I have over 12000+ Collegia faction if I recall correctly)?
2. Completed the reactor mission to build the Theo Alphas. NPC tells me I need more experience (I have max Build Reactors and again 12000+ Collegia faction), how do I proceed forward? Asks me to take Stage 2 exam and we are back to the circle with Build Comps.
3. Complete the weapon mission to create the flechette ammo (not sure of the spelling) - if there is more than one, this is the first one. Same as reactor mission... tells me I need more experience and then asks me to take the Stage 2 exam and we are back to the circle again with Build Comps.

How much Collegia faction does one need to proceed with any of these missions (is 12000 enough? If not, it does put an interesting connumdrum for players : whether they want to level their characters fairly efficiently or whether they try to work the Agrippa Missions... the latter will definitely slow your leveling down immensely)?

Or if I need an item from another class, why doesn't the NPC say anything about that or have something in a mission log to reflect that? At this point, the only mission I can get is repeating the mission to exchange stuff for the Stage 2 Encryption thingies. So it is very confusing what is going on.

Thanks! Edited by Peorth

Your faction is plenty. As far as Comps go, your done with that. You should be talking to either Scuti/Telum/Vegato (No name shown), for any further missions in Stage II.

Questions.

Did you do all of Stage I in its entirety for I'm assuming a PP (Shields/Reactors/Weapons)? Way to quickly know is you received a Expert Builder card for each discipline and a symbol of loyalty, plus there are several prints that would be under the PPs belt as well majority of all this stuff is at the very bottom of build list (so makes it easy to find.

STAGE I - PP
Comps - L1 Collegia Research Authorization MXXIC, L3 Hull Mesh Laminate III
Shields - L3 Skirmish Shield I, L2 Amplector Omega, L5 Seco Secare Secui Sectum Quinque, Stage II Invite - Shields
Reactors - L5 Auctoritas Remoror Quinque, Stage II Invite - Reactor
Weapons - L2 Calthius Omega Beam, L5 Multiforus Multiplico Effervo Quinque (MMEQ) PL, Stage II Invite - Weapons
Ammo - L2 Blowgun Toxicum Dart, L5 Effervo Flechette

Kicking off some of the missions requires you to have specific items that are detailed from a prior missions ending talk tree. The NPC giving the mission isn't gonna tell you what you need to get him to talk as you were suppose to catch that info from the last NPC. Just remember ALL this stuff connects, missions, all progens, all items etc. Its a giant spiderweb of interwoven pain lol. My advice is always have double-triple of each thing requested/doing at every step o the way cuz you will most likely need it again.

Find myself or several other folks in game who can provide guidance/assistance with the missions as we've all gone thru the pain chamber and completed these from Stage I,II and III. Edited by Redd

Oh one more lil helper.

These guys are the main mission holders/print givers for most of the stuff. They are broken down by discipline.
Vegato = Reactors
Scuti = Shields
Vasi = Devices
Telum = Weapons/Ammo
Composita = pretty obvious Comps lol

These guys are just kinda just related to stuff done with those listed above. I call them Exam/Tester quest givers, I'll explain the differences. Exams are the entrance exams for Stage II. Tester is when they want you to test what you have built or a PW has to on certain later ones as well as one earlier.

Inquiro = Exams
Invorate (sp? basically only one left not on list/in lounge). = Tester

Always remember to take your time and read everything these NPCs say because your mission log isn't always going to tell you exactly what/where/when to do things, it will have been provided during the mission chat trees so clickin away next next etc will guarantee your confusion and getting lost. As mentioned above doing this always has info on the next mission/step to go do as well rather than the NPC sayin ok give me X to start mission Y type deal. It all requires some focused attention :)

GL and again just ask in General/Market for Agrippa Mission folks I'm sure one of us are bound to pop an answer (just be patient though as there are only a handful atm who have gone all the way thru, others are working on em just like you), so we may not always be on spot for immediate answer.

Thanks Redd,

This was very helpful!

[indent]STAGE I
Comps - Collegia Research Authorization, Hull Mesh Laminate III
Shields - Skirmish Shield I, Amplector Omega, Seco somethin somethin Quinque (dont have access to DB atm from work for spelling)
Reactor - forget off top of head atm but should be a L5 reactor with some latin name
Weapons - Calthius Omega Beam, Multi Multiplictus (sp?) Effervo Quinque (MMEQ) PL
Ammo - Blowgun Toxicum Dart, Effervo Flechette L5
[/indent]

OK, completed the Comps, Reactor (Theolonius Alpha), and Ammo... Question is, how to get to Stage 2?

[indent]
Kicking off some of the missions requires you to have specific items that are detailed from a prior missions ending talk tree. The NPC giving the mission isn't gonna tell you what you need to get him to talk as you were suppose to catch that info from the last NPC. Just remember ALL this stuff connects, missions, all progens, all items etc. Its a giant spiderweb of interwoven pain
[/indent]

Ah, that's the key... there is absolutely no way to catch info from a prior NPC. This is probably the hardest part of the game... knowing when you need to write something down and knowing when something will show up in your mission logs. This part of the game could use a bit of work to allow it to flow better as it definitely leads to a lot of wild guessing as to what is going on and frustration.

I'll try asking in game again the next time I'm on, though this is a tough approach as well as I noticed people forget the exact steps they took since there are so many of them.

Thanks again!

[quote name='Peorth' timestamp='1302494286' post='38789']

Ah, that's the key... there is absolutely no way to catch info from a prior NPC. This is probably the hardest part of the game... knowing when you need to write something down and knowing when something will show up in your mission logs. This part of the game could use a bit of work to allow it to flow better as it definitely leads to a lot of wild guessing as to what is going on and frustration.

[/quote]

That is B's goal. He provides all the information needed, but just once. How else do you implement difficulty into a game where skill is measured by the ability to push a button when needed?

[quote name='Strayslayer' timestamp='1302495167' post='38792']
That is B's goal. He provides all the information needed, but just once. How else do you implement difficulty into a game where skill is measured by the ability to push a button when needed?
[/quote]

I guess that's one way, but a little warning could be nice... like "Now I'm only gonna say this once..."

Some actually do say "Write this down" cuz I aint sayin it again haha. But rule of thumb anything B puts out take some notes cuz they definitely want you use your noggin.

[quote name='Redd' timestamp='1302499061' post='38795']
Some actually do say "Write this down" cuz I aint sayin it again haha. But rule of thumb anything B puts out take some notes cuz they definitely want you use your noggin.
[/quote]

Yeah I was doing the Menace mission for the PP and the NPC wanted 10 each of L2 ABC comps, and he said write this down, I won't repeat myself. :) I thought it was funny, considering I had posted that only minutes before logging in. :P

Yeah, I'd suggest a good rule of thumb for any of these missions is judicious and unrestrained use of the "Scroll Lock" key to snapshot every pane of each dialogue. Then you can go back - at your own pace - and review them and transcribe the info into something (like Captain's Log) that you can easily access later when you need it.

OK, I asked online but nobody seemed to know... what is an Auctoritas Remoror Quinque? The only reactors I had to build as part of the Agrippa Reactor missions I received were :

Theodosius Alpha
Agrippa Technology Exam reactor
Foedius vox Redivivus

How do I get the recipe for the Auctoritas Remoror Quinque? Or do I need to find the L5 versions of a power coupling, generator, convertor, ammo feeder from the various combinations of the Ce3K, Electro, Focus, K3, Nebula, Nova? Just wanted to check.

Thanks.

That is the reactor taught at the end of Stage I Reactors. The Theodosius is the start of Stage I chain and the other 2 items you listed are Stage II stuff (which can be done separate/without doing Stage I so to speak). Vegato should be the one to teach it to you provided you show him something he is looking for in the form of a L4 Device from a PS ;) to start the mission to obtain that print. Edited by Redd

[quote name='Redd' timestamp='1302762730' post='39091']
That is the reactor taught at the end of Stage I Reactors. The Theodosius is the start of Stage I chain and the other 2 items you listed are Stage II stuff (which can be done separate/without doing Stage I so to speak). Vegato should be the one to teach it to you provided you show him something he is looking for in the form of a L4 Device from a PS :( to start the mission to obtain that print.
[/quote]

Thanks Redd!

After completing the Theodosius at the end of stage 1, Vegeto only told me that I wasn't skilled enough yet until I gave him the Loyalty Badge thingie... so it's really tough to know when a NPC is expecting something more (I'm still fuzzy on what Composita wants to continue the Comps missions after getting the 10 Stage 2 Encryptions from him) or not and because of that, it's easy for people to assume they completed a stage when they actually didn't. Perhaps Vegeto should respond with "Where's my device?" instead of "you need to be more skilled" after completing the Theodosius reactor mission. I know that I assumed that I completed stage 1. What is the L4 device that he needs? Perhaps I can get one and still continue the chain?

Yes Stage I was far more inter convoluted than stage II or III.

The device is possible but only Sentinels can make it and they need to somehow get it to you. Something in your mission text would have given you a clue.

My aim in future when Captain's Log is up an running to put cryptic clues into that one that you can work from. This is research, there is no roadmap :(

There also should be a sense of achievement after these mission(s) and some nice item(s) that will be needed as sample(s) for Stage II and potentially Stage III.

If you use an online Latin - English translator you should get the meaning of most of these NPCs and Items. It is latinised for a reason, most of the NPCs appear from ancient Rome (in the live game) and this has continued into the collegia. Why, for example, you have a NPC now called Vespasian in Moto.

Vigoare is a Centuriata who has been assigned to keep the Collegia researchers on track and on budget, She also teaches Privateers some of their combat based skills.

[quote name='Byakhee' timestamp='1302959523' post='39226']

If you use an online Latin - English translator you should get the meaning of most of these NPCs and Items.

[/quote]

Want to make it really convoluted and totally confusing? How about you do all the mission text in Draconic?

[url="http://draconic.twilightrealm.com/"]http://draconic.twilightrealm.com/[/url]

clax wer fethos ekess wer planet...

that should do it. :(
  • Upvote 1

[quote name='Byakhee' timestamp='1302959523' post='39226']
<snipped>

The device is possible but only Sentinels can make it and they need to somehow get it to you. Something in your mission text would have given you a clue.

My aim in future when Captain's Log is up an running to put cryptic clues into that one that you can work from. This is research, there is no roadmap :P

<snipped>
Vigoare is a Centuriata who has been assigned to keep the Collegia researchers on track and on budget, She also teaches Privateers some of their combat based skills.

[/quote]

Any clue to let you know whether you completed a stage or not would be helpful, especially for people who never ran through the missions before since I had zero Agrippa missions in my log at the time, and as such, didn't know Vegeto was waiting on something specific. So with that in mind, will Vigoare give a hint as to what my next step is after getting the 10 Stage 2 Encryptions? None of the Agrippa NPCs in NV are saying anything (I would assume Composita would, but alas, no dice).

Also, will I be able to finish off the rest of the Stage 1 Reactor Missions if I get the L4 Device even though I already started the L2 Reactor Missions? Even more, I was talking to some folks in game and the only way to obtain the L4 device for the reactor mission to build the Auctoritas Remoror Quinque reactor is to be able to disassemble a L5 shield (the shield name has quinque in it, so presumably a L5 shield) to get a non-transferable part. Does that mean that Progen Traders who do not have L5 build shields have no reason (or ability for that matter) to complete the Agrippa stage 1 Build Reactor missions and that they should just start at the Stage 2 Reactor Build missions to try to obtain the Auctoritas Remoror Quinque reactor from a PT that does have L5 build shields AND build reactors?

Just trying to get a better handle on if the Stage 1 Build Reactor missions is actually doable for PTs who do not have high enough levels of Build Shields or even completable for PTs who completed part of the Stage 1 Build Reactor missions but also got the Stage 2 Build Reactor missions as it was unclear whether all the Stage 1 missions were actually completed at the time?

Since I've heard that others have simply asked a dev to fix their chars to get the appropriate items/recipes in regards to the Agrippa Missions for I'm sure good reasons such as being at a point where it's known that it is impossible to complete stages, I just wanted to see if my char is truly stuck and wasting the past week trying to proceed forward on the missions? If so, that would indicate a big flaw with these sets of Agrippa Missions in that any player new or a little unfamiliar to the missions has no way to determine if they are at a point where they will never be able to complete a stage.

I think the idea behind the Agrippa Missions is great, but I think a few minor tweaks such as letting a player know that they already crossed a point of not being able to complete a mission and/or reminding if multiple skillsets are required by the specific PC to complete the mission at hand would make running the missions a bit smoother. At least reduce a bit of frustration... :)

Thanks! Edited by Peorth

[quote name='Peorth' timestamp='1302999338' post='39250']
Any clue to let you know whether you completed a stage or not would be helpful, especially for people who never ran through the missions before since I had zero Agrippa missions in my log at the time, and as such, didn't know Vegeto was waiting on something specific. So with that in mind, will Vigoare give a hint as to what my next step is after getting the 10 Stage 2 Encryptions? None of the Agrippa NPCs in NV are saying anything (I would assume Composita would, but alas, no dice).

Also, will I be able to finish off the rest of the Stage 1 Reactor Missions if I get the L4 Device even though I already started the L2 Reactor Missions? Even more, I was talking to some folks in game and the only way to obtain the L4 device for the reactor mission to build the Auctoritas Remoror Quinque reactor is to be able to disassemble a L5 shield (the shield name has quinque in it, so presumably a L5 shield) to get a non-transferable part. Does that mean that Progen Traders who do not have L5 build shields have no reason (or ability for that matter) to complete the Agrippa stage 1 Build Reactor missions and that they should just start at the Stage 2 Reactor Build missions to try to obtain the Auctoritas Remoror Quinque reactor from a PT that does have L5 build shields AND build reactors?

Just trying to get a better handle on if the Stage 1 Build Reactor missions is actually doable for PTs who do not have high enough levels of Build Shields or even completable for PTs who completed part of the Stage 1 Build Reactor missions but also got the Stage 2 Build Reactor missions as it was unclear whether all the Stage 1 missions were actually completed at the time?

Since I've heard that others have simply asked a dev to fix their chars to get the appropriate items/recipes in regards to the Agrippa Missions for I'm sure good reasons such as being at a point where it's known that it is impossible to complete stages, I just wanted to see if my char is truly stuck and wasting the past week trying to proceed forward on the missions? If so, that would indicate a big flaw with these sets of Agrippa Missions in that any player new or a little unfamiliar to the missions has no way to determine if they are at a point where they will never be able to complete a stage.

I think the idea behind the Agrippa Missions is great, but I think a few minor tweaks such as letting a player know that they already crossed a point of not being able to complete a mission and/or reminding if multiple skillsets are required by the specific PC to complete the mission at hand would make running the missions a bit smoother. At least reduce a bit of frustration... :)

Thanks!
[/quote]

All good things Peorth, but somethings to point out. Those who had them fixed where those who had done the missions back many many months ago before they became to their more polished state of today. Due to reorganization of certain missions their logs were all messed up. So they required special attention.

In your case your on track to complete as a normal person. The only thing is sometimes people get ahead of themselves and yes this isn't a perfect map drawn out for what/where/when your suppose to do these. Mainly because Stage II can sorta be done at almost any point (given certain circumstances are met) and can confuse a player at what stage they are actually in.

For example to simplify things for you a bit. Stage I will have Level 1-5 items in it. Stage II will be L6-8 items and Stage III will be L9. So if your after something in those ranges thats a clear indication what stage your in right there.

As far building the L4 security optimal override that normally is done before that L5 device (it is given from a Token Bonus Mission) But if the player chooses say the regular mission before the bonus missions are completed they may be getting asked for something they dont have yet ie the L4 device. The same applies to the L2 Calathius Beam for PP/PWs.

I have been trying to catch you in game to better answer questions but I think our play times are just missing each other. Here are a few people's names who have completed Stage I,II and III and maybe able to help you along. Cobraking/Cyclone/Sherlock (all 3 of his progens), Lannister, Greggory/Mudshark (has many alts so just holler for those 2 common names), myself (Reddwingman, Redd, Reddfuzion, Reddcurator), I know a couple others too just cant think of names off the top of my head atm. But a good amount of Builders Inc have and I have helped a handful of other folks along too to ensure they get somewhat squared away with these.

Yes these missions are a nice challenge loaded with content and could use just a smidgen of polish yet but thats what we are here for. I do like where you mentioned having the NPC kinda ask you "Hey where's this at" during phases that dont clearly identify the item needed to receive the next mission and the previous missions chat text doesnt always state that. Some do so as I said take notes and pay attention to everything they say, sometimes B sneaks in some cryptic stuff and even some stuff to make you second guess lol. All in good fun!

Hopefully we'll cross paths in game or perhaps this weekend we can set aside some time to straighten you out.

The means to get the level 4 device is from two routes, but it is dependent on the Sentinel making you the item that you then have to try it.

Your route to get the device is an interesting route and is not the intended route (which can be done, earlier)

There may be a minor change that does not affect older routes in the mission structure, but until operands can be implemented and more importantly the NOT operand, to strike out mission structures that are not required by a person who has done Stage I or has done the examination for Stage II, then the list from Inquiro remains.

Suggest you contact a Sentinel who has done their Devices Stage I and ask them "do they have low level shield they can build you with the device in it other than the level 5 shield created at the end of Stage I" If "No, because I don't do shields", then they may not be the Sentinel for you...

Iquiro current lists for Stage II:
Build Components Examination - If you have completed Stage I (Repeat)
Build Components Examination - If you give a Symbol of Loyanty (Repeat - new SOL)
Build Components Examination - If you pay 2.5 million credits (Single use)
Build Devices Examination - If you have completed Stage I (Repeat)
Build Devices Examination - If you give a Symbol of Loyalty (Repeat - new SOL)
Build Devices Examination - If you give an Invite Stage II - Devices(Repeat - new Invite)
Build Reactor Examination - If you have completed Stage I (Repeat)
Build Reactor Examination - If you give a Symbol of Loyalty (Repeat - new SOL)
Build Reactor Examination - If you give an Invite Stage II - Reactors(Repeat - new Invite)
Build Shield Examination - If you have completed Stage I (Repeat)
Build Shield Examination - If you give a Symbol of Loyalty (Repeat - new SOL)
Build Shield Examination - If you give an Invite Stage II - Shields (Repeat - new Invite)
Build Weapon Examination - If you have completed Stage I (Repeat)
Build Weapon Examination - If you give a Symbol of Loyalty (Repeat - new SOL)
Build Weapon Examination - If you give an Invite Stage II - Weapons(Repeat - new Invite)

Without the ! (NOT) command for mission aquision, and because a NPC will only display a maximum of 5 missions, then Privateers who have gone through Stage I on any line are advised to avoid putting any Invite or Symbol of Loyalty in their cargo when speaking to Architecti Inquiro

Consider:
Privateer who has completed Stage I (Reactors/Components/Weapons)

Inquiro Lists:
- Components (Stage I completed)
- Components (If more than 2,500,000 credits)
- Reactors (Stage I completed)
- Weapons (Stage I completed)

Now, the same person who leaves a Symbol of loyalty in their cargo..
- Components (Symbol of Loyalty)
- Reactors (Symbol of Loyalty)
EOF

So they'd not be able to view the Weapons.

Currently, there is a list of potentially 15 missions on the examination NPC, and only 5 will display (the first five relevant) for Stage II. What I'd like to be able to do for these missions is to put in NOT statements to state

"While xxx mission NOT completed give THIS mission"
- which would look at the mission that validated the examination. This would mean that the NPC would not give out any examinations once you had been successful at the examination. Stands to reason to me. This code is not avalilable to me at this time.

- of course the above code would also be combined with other requirements, not least Faction = Collegia (2000) and Build [Item] (5).

[quote name='Byakhee' timestamp='1303224452' post='39393']
The means to get the level 4 device is from two routes, but it is dependent on the Sentinel making you the item that you then have to try it.

Your route to get the device is an interesting route and is not the intended route (which can be done, earlier)

There may be a minor change that does not affect older routes in the mission structure, but until operands can be implemented and more importantly the NOT operand, to strike out mission structures that are not required by a person who has done Stage I or has done the examination for Stage II, then the list from Inquiro remains.

Suggest you contact a Sentinel who has done their Devices Stage I and ask them "do they have low level shield they can build you with the device in it other than the level 5 shield created at the end of Stage I" If "No, because I don't do shields", then they may not be the Sentinel for you...

Iquiro current lists for Stage II:
Build Components Examination - If you have completed Stage I (Repeat)
Build Components Examination - If you give a Symbol of Loyanty (Repeat - new SOL)
Build Components Examination - If you pay 2.5 million credits (Single use)
Build Devices Examination - If you have completed Stage I (Repeat)
Build Devices Examination - If you give a Symbol of Loyalty (Repeat - new SOL)
Build Devices Examination - If you give an Invite Stage II - Devices(Repeat - new Invite)
Build Reactor Examination - If you give an Invite Stage II - Reactors(Repeat - new Invite)
Build Shield Examination - If you have completed Stage I (Repeat)
Build Shield Examination - If you give a Symbol of Loyalty (Repeat - new SOL)
Build Shield Examination - If you give an Invite Stage II - Shields (Repeat - new Invite)
Build Weapon Examination - If you have completed Stage I (Repeat)
Build Weapon Examination - If you give a Symbol of Loyalty (Repeat - new SOL)
Build Weapon Examination - If you give an Invite Stage II - Weapons(Repeat - new Invite)

Without the ! (NOT) command for mission aquision, and because a NPC will only display a maximum of 5 missions, then Privateers who have gone through Stage I on any line are advised to avoid putting any Invite or Symbol of Loyalty in their cargo when speaking to Architecti Inquiro

Consider:
Privateer who has completed Stage I (Reactors/Components/Weapons)

Inquiro Lists:
- Weapons (Stage I completed)

Now, the same person who leaves a Symbol of loyalty in their cargo..
- Components (Symbol of Loyalty)
- Reactors (Symbol of Loyalty)
EOF

So they'd not be able to view the Weapons.

Currently, there is a list of potentially 15 missions on the examination NPC, and only 5 will display (the first five relevant) for Stage II. What I'd like to be able to do for these missions is to put in NOT statements to state

"While xxx mission NOT completed give THIS mission"
- which would look at the mission that validated the examination. This would mean that the NPC would not give out any examinations once you had been successful at the examination. Stands to reason to me. This code is not avalilable to me at this time.

- of course the above code would also be combined with other requirements, not least Faction = Collegia (2000) and Build [Item] (5).
[/quote]

I do think the "Not" will certainly help things and I'm surprised that how I had planned to proceed forward with the Stage 2 Reactor Mission was not considered as an intended method as most people I talked to mentioned it as the way to go. I do think it's important that you have the NPCs remind a character that they are waiting on something so you don't assume that your character already completed a stage (or at least ask if your char really wants to start stage "X+1" since he/she hasn't completed stage X).

When you mentioned "Suggest you contact a Sentinel who has done their Devices Stage I and ask them "do they have low level shield they can build you with the device in it other than the level 5 shield created at the end of Stage I" If "No, because I don't do shields", then they may not be the Sentinel for you...", can I ask what level shield you are referring to? I only have L2 Build Shields and don't see the possibility of adding any more points there as all the other Build Skills being maxed doesn't allow my character much leeway with her core and combat skills. Can the device be built into a L1 or L2 shield?

I'm assuming that I can still complete the Stage 1 Reactor Missions and get what ever reward it provides (I'm assuming a SOL) since I already started the Stage 2 Reactor Mission?

Thanks.

Level 2 in a suitable build type should suffice.

However, Tienbau has been rather helpful with mission coding so the mission requirements will be made more robust soon, and hopefully missions you do not need to see (again) will be blocked from your view in a few months.

It also will allow more complex mission structures :lol:

<Code required>
<Testing required>

With the Stage I reactor mission, yes you should still be able to complete it. Only the starting Token mission requires a specified level of hull, the rest are there for when you have time on your hands.

[color="#4B0082"]([size="7"]C[/size][size="6"]r[/size][size="5"]E[/size][size="4"]e[/size][size="3"]Ps uP [/size][size="2"]tO[/size] Darkk aNd [size="1"] wIsPeRs [/size]"[i][/color][color="#0000FF"][size="1"]Are you ready to come out of that padded room and check some missions if I amend them?[/size][/color]"[/i])

[color="#8B0000"](HoW StRaNgE. He [size="6"]sCrEaMeD[/size] aNd [size="5"]RaN aWaY[/size]. [size="3"]I mAy HaVe To [/size][size="2"]ObTaIn[/size] [size="6"]AnOtHeR[/size] [size="3"][s]vIcTiM [/s] vOlUnTeEr [/size][size="2"]FrOm[/size] [size="1"]ThE[/size] [size="4"]bEtA tEaM [/size][size="5"]tO[/size] [size="6"]tEsT[/size] [size="7"]cOnTeNt![/size])[/color]

No new content for missions for a bit but when Tienbau can implement the NOT and OR coding for completed missions then a lot of the missions that may have been superceeded by other ones, but still get displayed will be able to be removed from your view.

For example in the above list:

If someone has completed stage 1 for Build Reactors then:

- Currently requires completed mission reactor stage I end
- Will change to:
Completed mission reactor Stage I end
AND
NOT completed mission Stage II reactor examination

- Currently requires no mission
- Will change to:
NOT completed mission reactor stage I end
AND

- Currently requires no mission
- Will change to:
NOT completed mission reactor stage I end
AND

By doing this
a ) players who complete Stage I in a line only see the reduced cost repeated Stage II means to obtain examinations
b ) players who complete the examination mission do not see again any of the missions providing the examination item for that item

Note AND

There will be a means to do OR and this is intended for content after release where you could have for example two very different mission lines unlocking a mission thread.
Simple example could be:

Jenquai class mission completed
OR
Terran class mission completed

<Unlocks: Mission to attack Mars!> ** Bring it on **

[quote name='Byakhee' timestamp='1303224452' post='39393']

<snipped>

[/quote]

If I understand correctly regarding your suggestion, in order for my character to dismantle the lower level shield. it would first would need to learn the L5 shield recipe before it can learn the L2 shield recipe to rip the L4 device from. So in essence, I would still need to have L5 Build Shields.

It seems like if a PP wants to effectively proceed with any of the Agrippa missions in stage 2, they must either expect to have Build Shield as a primary building skill or they are essentially asking for a Call Forward (to reset their skillsets simply to do the Agrippa Shield Missions to get the recipes for the equipment needed and then another Call Forward to get them back to their original design (but with perhaps only L2 Build Shields needed). At least that appears to be the intent.

Am I missing something in that logic?

Thanks!