Agrippa Question - I'm confused...

[quote name='Byakhee' timestamp='1303930094' post='39877']
Agrippa Technology rewards those who intend to build.
- my cryptic response -
[/quote]

Based on what I've seen, Agrippa Technologies may reward those who build, but more specifically, requires those to have Build Shields to be effective. Unfortunately, I didn't see that coming...

So, does anyone want to donate a mission token to me so I can get that blasted Build Shield Stage 1 mission? :)

[quote name='Byakhee' timestamp='1303930094' post='39877']
Agrippa Technology rewards those who intend to build.
- my cryptic response -
[/quote]
so how many shield prints does it take to build 200% Skirmish Omega ?
or any agrippa L9 stuff for that matter ?

160% is all my char(s) can get.

[quote name='Ramses' timestamp='1303973673' post='39917']
Peorth, if they are tradeable bug me in guildchat and you can have mine ;)
[/quote]

Thanks! :) I've not played much the past week as I got my very first computer virus (I'm usually really careful about those things)... nasty rootkit one that hijacks all of my browsers. To play it safe, I changed all the passwords to my banking institutions.

This virus also causes one of the svchost processes to go ballistic when I play EnB which makes the game utterly unplayable. In looking at a number of antivirus forums, there are a lot of people getting this virus, so watch out. Not sure how I got it, but it's the Click.Giftload trojan virus. :)

Hope to be flying out with you all soon so I can get more confused with the Agrippa missions... :)

Peorth

The tokens can be traded by a special mission conversion given by the nota of the Progen class trading it and then you will have to present it to your nota to convert it.

The basic conversion =

Person Converting:
3 x mission tokens (grey colour )= 1 x trade token (gold colour)
[b]Requirement: [/b]
Final Hull Upgrade (ie, cannot use these tokens for mission content)
Progen
Level 135

Person Receiving:
1 x trade token = 1 x mission token
[b]Requirement: [/b]
Progen
Level 40

So there will be a overall loss of 2/3 tokens.

Otherwise all Progen can convert a mission token at level 150 for 30,000 credits. Kind of a waste really as all token missions tend to give equivalent rewards or more than that, at an earlier time.

The Gold Coloured Token was implemented as a means to bring a market commodity with mission tokens; those that don't want to do the missions can trade in their 6 to create 2 and then trade to players - as long as they have reached level 135. Also on reaching level 135 all Progen receive 1 Gold Tradable token anyway.

The ideal use for this Gold Tradable Token if you are doing missions is not then to complete the final hull upgrade but go and convert this token and get +1 mission token. For those that are not doing missions its an extra tradable token that can go either way, (sell) to another Progen or convert to mission token to convert to credits at level 150.

Normal mission tokens are non-tradable.
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

[quote name='karu' timestamp='1304015284' post='39934']
so how many shield prints does it take to build 200% Skirmish Omega ?
or any agrippa L9 stuff for that matter ?

160% is all my char(s) can get.
[/quote]

You may have to wait for terminal controllers etc to be implemented to get higher.
Or become more versed in builds.

Agrippa Technology is meant to be cutting edge and new. This also means it is more difficult to build, and the examinations are set at a higher difficulty to dismantle.

They only want the best.
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
I do have another Agrippa Question that others online seemed confused... I was told to create the Flechette Alpha by the NPC (Telum?) and that Vigorare should see it after building it. After creating it, it seems neither Telum or Vigorare are interested in it. So I'm now stuck without being able to advance to the next mission in the stage. Perhaps I'm missing something and that could be because I was off the game for 10 days and may have forgotten something. No one online knew what to do, so I suspect I didn't miss anything.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Faction?

Others have got past this step, so it works.
Expecting a further decrease in the forum +/- voting but the missions remain unchanged.

I do know for the test mission of the weapon you need to be able to equip projectiles of that level. This has already been explained in the talk trees of Architecti Inquiro and the missions for Architecti Telum

As to final quality at level 9, 200% is not the norm.

[quote name='Byakhee' timestamp='1305539480' post='40784']
Faction?

Others have got past this step, so it works.
Expecting a further decrease in the forum +/- voting but the missions remain unchanged.

I do know for the test mission of the weapon you need to be able to equip projectiles of that level. This has already been explained in the talk trees of Architecti Inquiro and the missions for Architecti Telum

As to final quality at level 9, 200% is not the norm.
[/quote]

Thanks for the reply...

The Agrippa PL is L7 and I can indeed use L7 PLs. My faction is currently at 14900, so that at least seems high to me. Any other suggestions to move on to the next mission chain would be helpful as something is missing that isn't apparent to anyone thus far.

Thanks.

You need to have the L7 PL and a full stack of L7 Flechette Impact Ammo in Cargo before talking to Vigoare to get the (Test the gun mission). Edited by Redd

[quote name='Redd' timestamp='1305600472' post='40811']
You need to have the L7 PL and a full stack of L7 Flechette Impact Ammo in Cargo before talking to Vigoare to get the (Test the gun mission).
[/quote]

Yep, that was it. Had the ammo in my vault. That was not obvious after being away from the game for 10 days... The Agrippa missions are definitely not for the casual player... lol.

Continuing on with my confusing path of Agrippa missions... I have a Telum mission that requests Toxic Substrate. I've been told that I would have the recipe after completing the 2 Comp Stages which I completed awhile back, however, I do not have the Toxic Substrate recipe (warhead?).

In talking to Composita, all he wants to do is exchange stage 2 encryptions.

So how does one get the Toxic Substrate recipe?

Thanks.

[quote name='Peorth' timestamp='1305785238' post='40884']
Continuing on with my confusing path of Agrippa missions... I have a Telum mission that requests Toxic Substrate. I've been told that I would have the recipe after completing the 2 Comp Stages which I completed awhile back, however, I do not have the Toxic Substrate recipe (warhead?).

In talking to Composita, all he wants to do is exchange stage 2 encryptions.

So how does one get the Toxic Substrate recipe?

Thanks.
[/quote]

OK, I spoke with Redd (Thanks Redd!) and it seems like I needed to have some of my Agrippa ammo I made "in cargo" to kick off the missions for the substrate from Composita... So the key seems to be, place ALL of your Agrippa items in cargo before talking to any of the NPCs... something may spawn off critical path missions. :(

Do yourself a favor, don't test the alternate aggrippa content. Proceed on other content. When they actually decode Byakees mental meanderings from the padded cell he writes content from (they themselves being commited in the process) and post it step by step (with appropriate spoiler headers) THEN do the content (only if you are someone that is into painfully following overly engineered iterations.)

As someone that has repeatedly crashed into content walls and intermittent bug conflicts. As someone alternately been screwed over by content rewards/recipes. As someone who has consistantly argued, pleaded , begged and even harrangued for not having content PLEASE not be "interconnected" (I.E.(forced grouping)). As someone who has waded through convo trees and "mission briefings" that are clear as and concise as mud. I save myself a fortune in migraine medication, I don't test that content anymore.

I ran several progen toons through the content at each evolution and just got driven nuts, I held back a PW at L75 just for content to catch up and run it through (again). Once I saw how the convolutions have continued unabated I left him at L75, if..a big IF it ever gets unconvoluted maybe I'll undock him for some test, other than that only progen action for my part is shoot and loot/build with bigger progen toons.

I'm sorry if I sound harsh, it is just one man's opinion that with this convoluted crap the progen spirit is betrayed. Save yourself the pain and grey cells from dying a agonizing molten death, wait for the spoiler or someone to strangle the information from Byakhee ;) Edited by Mattsacre
  • Upvote 3

[quote name='Mattsacre' timestamp='1305898010' post='40929']
Do yourself a favor, don't test the alternate aggrippa content. Proceed on other content. When they actually decode Byakees mental meanderings from the padded cell he writes content from (they themselves being commited in the process) and post it step by step (with appropriate spoiler headers) THEN do the content (only if you are someone that is into painfully following overly engineered iterations.)

As someone that has repeatedly crashed into content walls and intermittent bug conflicts. As someone alternately been screwed over by content rewards/recipes. As someone who has consistantly argued, pleaded , begged and even harrangued for not having content PLEASE not be "interconnected" (I.E.(forced grouping)). As someone who has waded through convo trees and "mission briefings" that are clear as and concise as mud. I save myself a fortune in migraine medication, I don't test that content anymore.

I ran several progen toons through the content at each evolution and just got driven nuts, I held back a PW at L75 just for content to catch up and run it through (again). Once I saw how the convolutions have continued unabated I left him at L75, if..a big IF it ever gets unconvoluted maybe I'll undock him for some test, other than that only progen action for my part is shoot and loot/build with bigger progen toons.

I'm sorry if I sound harsh, it is just one man's opinion that with this convoluted crap the progen spirit is betrayed. Save yourself the pain and grey cells from dying a agonizing molten death, wait for the spoiler or someone to strangle the information from Byakhee ;)
[/quote]

So by your logic we should all do ourselves a favor and quit testing during the STRESS TEST... Really? Get over yourself, a lot of effort and time has gone into working out the kinks, developing the content and coming up with some pretty descent rewards at the end of the quest chain. Sorry that you had a ruff ride early on, no scratch that, I'm not sorry, deal with it, all apart of trying to turn this into a real solid game!

What I don't get is how several people have successfully completed these and yet because you haven't due to inadequacies be it pre-stage when things were just coming to fruition, inability to solve the puzzles or what have you, doesn't necessarily predicate the need to come on here, discourage others, bash the work done and put forth, and so on. If you don't have any constructive criticism, proper bug submission/reporting, suggestions to offer than that crap posted above. Save yourself the keystrokes and time, logoff and don't bother playing/testing!

Btw these have been working solid since at least End Feb/early March time frame and I've never once seen you in game asking for advice, discussing said missions. So your each evolution theory is also flawed. Yes the missions are a puzzle and yes they are a challenge. They do not hold your hand, they do not give you it on a silver platter. You solve, work and earn it every step of the way, pay attention to the mission chat tree(not the mission log) and you should have no problems passing these missions (like several others have). Again if you do not wish to participate in them, don't ruin/recommend negativity to the rest of the playerbase who may wish to enjoy/contribute positive results.
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

[quote name='Mattsacre' timestamp='1305898010' post='40929']

I'm sorry if I sound harsh, it is just one man's opinion that with this convoluted crap the progen spirit is betrayed. Save yourself the pain and grey cells from dying a agonizing molten death, wait for the spoiler or someone to strangle the information from Byakhee ;)
[/quote]

/signed
retired Progen PW, PS.

[quote name='Redd' timestamp='1305901143' post='40931']
So by your logic we should all do ourselves a favor and quit testing during the STRESS TEST... Really? Get over yourself, a lot of effort and time has gone into working out the kinks, developing the content and coming up with some pretty descent rewards at the end of the quest chain. Sorry that you had a ruff ride early on, no scratch that, I'm not sorry, deal with it, all apart of trying to turn this into a real solid game!

What I don't get is how several people have successfully completed these and yet because you haven't due to inadequacies be it pre-stage when things were just coming to fruition, inability to solve the puzzles or what have you, doesn't necessarily predicate the need to come on here, discourage others, bash the work done and put forth, and so on. If you don't have any constructive criticism, proper bug submission/reporting, suggestions to offer than that crap posted above. Save yourself the keystrokes and time, logoff and don't bother playing/testing!

Btw these have been working solid since at least End Feb/early March time frame and I've never once seen you in game asking for advice, discussing said missions. So your each evolution theory is also flawed. Yes the missions are a puzzle and yes they are a challenge. They do not hold your hand, they do not give you it on a silver platter. You solve, work and earn it every step of the way, pay attention to the mission chat tree(not the mission log) and you should have no problems passing these missions (like several others have). Again if you do not wish to participate in them, don't ruin/recommend negativity to the rest of the playerbase who may wish to enjoy/contribute positive results.
[/quote]

Wow how to respond to what? your rant I guess, like everyone has a posterior they also have a opinion.

1.I have tested content, will continue to test content, and do sub/post bugs etc., nor do I dismiss others effort nor time in doing the same, nor providing that content.

2.I do not discourage others from experiencing/testing content, despite my experience. I do post opinions and offer constructive criticism. I do not do as you have:"....offer than that crap posted above. Save yourself the keystrokes and time, logoff and don't bother playing/testing!"

3. I do not offer theories, I postulate, theories come after postulation in the scientific method. A opinion is
a expression of someones thoughts on something..given my experience I OPINED.

4.I (and others) have in the past, and in the future will express OPINIONS about the direction of storyline and mission structure, and the appropriateness of such, as opinions if you disagree feel free to express yours and get over it.

5.Because YOU haven't seen me asking advice or discussing missions does not a fact make. Maybe perhaps before you make that assumption you consider that we may log on at differing times, play different toons, or even *gasp* discuss it in private chat! 0.o

6.It is a fact that as many different players there are, there are that many differing play styles. Some people aren't "puzzle player" types. Some of us in the past have expressed concerns that the progen (CRY HAVOC AND SLIP LOOSE THE DOGS OF WAR!) ethic have been overshadowed of late. (hey isn't there story line aboout dog soldiers in fact?). I am not opining to preclude the puzzlers but to include them, however to consider that non-puzzlers also have some contributions, let them take the spoiler route if they must and you ignore the spoiler and grind out you're puzzle.

7. We are not asking for you're quote "hold your hand, they do not give you it on a silver platter.", killing 458k of something is also "work". Nor do I (and others) consider inconcise mission logs and murky convo trees much of a "puzzle" mearly annoying is all. Me saying "hey get me celliphane" is not a puzzle. Saying " I need celliphane, npc x has some, see what he wants for it." that is a bit of a puzzle and is actually concise.

8. Once again my OPINION here, but I feel you may suffer from the "can't see the forest for the trees" syndrome. There are 3 races, multiple factions,myriad of mobs, jobs, terminals, sectors etc. that others are testing and content experiencing on. It's all one gargantuan effort, and for you to stress over my lighthearted opinion perhaps you need a pill and a chill. ;)
  • Upvote 2

[quote name='Lannister' timestamp='1306273417' post='41113']
Has the process by which you trade in to get Stage III encryption changed? Architecti Composita will not talk to me any longer.
[/quote]
nope, still the same

OK, guess I'm stuck again... I'm trying to get the exam for stage 2 Shields, but Inquiro only offers the stage 2 exams for weapons, comps and ammo which I've already completed. How do I get the Shields exam? Or does the exam require Build Shields L6 before it is given?

Then again, I'm not sure if I finished Stage 1 Build Shields... Scuti just tells me I need to take the exam, so I'm guessing I did (I don't have anymore Agrippa Shield missions in my log). I believe the last set of agrippa shield missions I did was getting a PW to test a shield.
Thanks. Edited by Peorth

• 3 weeks later...
All stage II Agrippa Technology requires you to have maximum level in the require build skill.

Build components 7
or
Build devices 7
or
Build reactors 7
or
Build shields 7
or
Build weapons 7

And 2000 Collegia Faction (at the start).

[quote name='Peorth' timestamp='1305513809' post='40771']
I do have another Agrippa Question that others online seemed confused... I was told to create the Flechette Alpha by the NPC (Telum?) and that Vigorare should see it after building it. After creating it, it seems neither Telum or Vigorare are interested in it. So I'm now stuck without being able to advance to the next mission in the stage. Perhaps I'm missing something and that could be because I was off the game for 10 days and may have forgotten something. No one online knew what to do, so I suspect I didn't miss anything.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.
[/quote]

How did you progress from this point? I'm stuck at this too on my PP. OL 71 with level 5 PL, level 5 build weapons and 4 stacks of Effervo Flachette ammo in the cargo hull.