• 7 Classes
    • 6 Classes
    • 5 Classes
    • 4 Classes
    • 3 Classes
    • 2 Classes
    • 1 Class
    • I Don't have any lvl 150 toons!

So using this technique you could prolly get yor TL and CL to 50 in 64 hours (32 each). So thats about 80 hours to 150 total. Thats pretty speedy :-)

Hello,

I have never been big on useing spill over to fill the other 2 bars. You could do it that way, but I have found that you should always do things that target the bar you are going after. Normally in my little guild we have guild events where we will pick a day to do this and several of us will spend the day helping each other. As I have stated before I almost alway start 2 toons together, so I we will have these events someone in the guild will be the leader, they will start a throw away tt and a 3rd person will either do the same or start 2 new toons as well. So most of the time there will be 4 or 5 new toons in the group and when you have that many and use the route i laid out it really doesn't take long to lvl up your EL. Infact I have seen it where you can get to el 10 in less then an hour, lvl 25 in about 3 hours and so on. The real trick to all of this is Team work! Team work is the key to EnB and if you do everything solo yes it will take months to years to get to 150, but heck, what ever turns you on and how ever you want to play is always your choice. TTYL :-)

Merlin

Hello,

I have never been big on useing spill over to fill the other 2 bars. You could do it that way, but I have found that you should always do things that target the bar you are going after. Normally in my little guild we have guild events where we will pick a day to do this and several of us will spend the day helping each other. As I have stated before I almost alway start 2 toons together, so I we will have these events someone in the guild will be the leader, they will start a throw away tt and a 3rd person will either do the same or start 2 new toons as well. So most of the time there will be 4 or 5 new toons in the group and when you have that many and use the route i laid out it really doesn't take long to lvl up your EL. Infact I have seen it where you can get to el 10 in less then an hour, lvl 25 in about 3 hours and so on. The real trick to all of this is Team work! Team work is the key to EnB and if you do everything solo yes it will take months to years to get to 150, but heck, what ever turns you on and how ever you want to play is always your choice. TTYL :-)

Merlin

I think it depends a bit on which bar, and which class you're using. A JE can likely raise CL faster if he does Explore jobs (with EL 50 & TL 50), where he can use wormhole to full effectiveness than fighting mobs over CL (JE with high EL and TL relative to CL) at least in terms of solo play. A JW might be able to do so for from CL45-50 with Explore jobs, and Return Friend (Max Summon) to return directly to the starbase after dumping his garbage or satellites. In Live a JW could use max summon on himself to return to the base that he last registered.

Edited by Terrell

You will need to do tours for about a day or 2 at the most.

If you do this for just 2 days or about 16 hours you will get to EL 50.

So using this technique you could prolly get yor TL and CL to 50 in 64 hours (32 each). So thats about 80 hours to 150 total. Thats pretty speedy :-)

Yikes

I don't remember this sort of exp gain during live. But then again that is powergaming.

Could a dev responsible for EXP explain if this is intentional forever, or just for the stress test to allow people to level quickly?

I ask this as it would be good to know if I should start practicing so that when this goes live I will have a lvl 150 in 4 days, instead of 4 months as during live (was not a power gamer then) :)

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Yikes

I don't remember this sort of exp gain during live. But then again that is powergaming.

Could a dev responsible for EXP explain if this is intentional forever, or just for the stress test to allow people to level quickly?

I ask this as it would be good to know if I should start practicing so that when this goes live I will have a lvl 150 in 4 days, instead of 4 months as during live (was not a power gamer then) :)

I think its been mentioned before that the joy of the game is not just getting to 150, but the ride along the way. For people who don't practice the power-leveling idea just to get to 150 as fast as they can...

<----raises hand

I would hate to see exp get nerfed back to what it was like during live. At OL118, I'm probably still a couple weeks away from 150, and I started in March, so I think the pace is pretty good as it is right now. If people want to power-level themselves to 150 in 3 or 4 days, let them. That's fun for them. I think it would be rare, but if people complain about lack of end-game content we can point out all of the content they skipped power-leveling. I know Merlin for one likes to get to 150 as fast he can, but he also likes helping everyone else along the way and thats fun for him.

Leave xp as it is and worry about all the other stuff (fixing mob issues, adding more areas and storyline missions, etc)

• Upvote 1

I think its been mentioned before that the joy of the game is not just getting to 150, but the ride along the way.

The joy is important. But like all things, if an easy path is given most people will take it. Especially in a competitive game.
I would hate to see exp get nerfed back to what it was like during live.
I'm sure some of us would disagree. One of the reasons being 150 was fun is because it took so long. So it actually meant something and there was a feeling of achievement.

Also, if it is so easy to get to lvl 150 people will get bored much quicker. Which is the reason EA made it take a while longer...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

The joy is important. But like all things, if an easy path is given most people will take it. Especially in a competitive game.

I'm sure some of us would disagree. One of the reasons being 150 was fun is because it took so long. So it actually meant something and there was a feeling of achievement.

Also, if it is so easy to get to lvl 150 people will get bored much quicker. Which is the reason EA made it take a while longer...

EA also wanted all our money, lol. I think we should be able to level a few times faster than live, but what we have now is too easy.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

imho if given the choice I would start at L150, the journey was nothing to me personally... imo the game starts at 150... but thats just me... your mileage may vary :)

I never get bored in game cuz to me its more about the people... most of the times when I login (and this was especially true in live) my goal was just to say hi and chat it up a bit... its like an expensive chat program...

hell I can remember back in Q3 Arena days instead of talking to a friend on irc... we would login to a private server and chat there while we practiced rocket jumps or whatever...

so again imo... I think many people donate more for just a place to hang out than excitement... although I do agree with C Del... what we have now is still too easy... but we will get there...

I think this calls for the socializer/explorer/achiever/killer comparison. This may be a slight bit black and white but:

The socializer is pretty easily amused here. A community, stations, chat system and the ability to group prettymuch meets their needs.

The killer just needs mobs to kill to be happy.

The explorer is more the person that does not powergame but levels normally and explores all there is to the game. His needs are met pretty well here because there is a lot of lower level content and a lot of space/storyline to explore.

For an achiever, getting to lvl 150 in 4 days is a bit disappointing. Even if it takes two weeks of powergaming to get to 150 with a prebought food supply (many energy drinks) and a handheld latrine, it would not really be fulfilling. Especially not compared to live.

But I can imagine that most people don't want to level for 5 months to get to 150...

For my own feeling about 3 weeks of fairly intense powergaming 10-12hrs a day would be about right for lvl 150.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I have 1 toon at 150.

It took quite a while to get there even with the trade xp boost we had a while back.

I have a 12hr per day job, wife, and family that demands some of my time also.

My second highest toon is just now approaching 100.

Personally, I don't think it's too ffast in leveling, but thats just me. :)

I purposely mentioned EA's because it's not all that different here.

After all, will a bored player keep donating?

Would a power-leveler be a donator? If someone came in, started playing the game, found out how to get to OL150 in a week, got bored, decided to play something else, at which point did this person become a donator?

If you are worried about losing players/donators because they are getting bored, don't worry about nerfing xp to make it longer to get to 150. Worry about adding more content (and not just end-game content, content at every level along the way).

For my own feeling about 3 weeks of fairly intense powergaming 10-12hrs a day would be about right for lvl 150.

If I "powergamed" (200+ hours according to the quote) the way I play the game right now (not doing trade runs for all 50 TL's, not doing any tours for EL, actually doing straight combat to get CL's) it would take me at least 3 weeks to get to 150 the way it is now.

I could understand nerfing xp as more content is added. If I have more things available to me to gain xp, I could understand not getting as much xp for it.

Edited by Grendwal

Would a power-leveler be a donator? If someone came in, started playing the game, found out how to get to OL150 in a week, got bored, decided to play something else, at which point did this person become a donator?

There are also raids and perhaps other professions to level before getting bored.

Tried out making a "temporary" TT alt and giving it a tour.

Makes between 2 and 2.5 levels of explore XP for the levels between 20-25 and took something over an hour.

I find the problem with doing repetitive stuff like this and Fenris trade runs is that I get bored very quickly!

:lol:

Tried out making a "temporary" TT alt and giving it a tour.

Makes between 2 and 2.5 levels of explore XP for the levels between 20-25 and took something over an hour.

I find the problem with doing repetitive stuff like this and Fenris trade runs is that I get bored very quickly!

<_<

Hello,

I know what you meen! I also get borred doing TR's, but most of the stuff in EnB does tend to get repetitive after awhile. I have several ways to get the different lvl's and touring is just one of them. I think I will write a help file called "0 to 150 the Merlin Way!" one day. Catchy title hun? lol TTYL :-)

Merlin

Hello,

I know what you meen! I also get borred doing TR's, but most of the stuff in EnB does tend to get repetitive after awhile. I have several ways to get the different lvl's and touring is just one of them. I think I will write a help file called "0 to 150 the Merlin Way!" one day. Catchy title hun? lol TTYL :-)

Merlin

Merlin you exploration tip is great, ty for sharing that. Could you share what you do for trade XP as well from 0 to 50? So far your material has proven to be the best, I wish you had a guide lol.

Merlin you exploration tip is great, ty for sharing that. Could you share what you do for trade XP as well from 0 to 50? So far your material has proven to be the best, I wish you had a guide lol.

Hello,

Thanks, Trade levels are a bit different depending on which class you are starting or playing. From tl 0 to 25 I do treat them all the same in that when I start a new toon I basiclly do nothing but low lvl comabt for the first 3 or 4 hours killing lvl 0's & 1's in my home sector. Do this for as long as you can stand it. Do not turn in any of the loot you get until you are all done. Also, only keep stackable loot and bypass everything else. You are shooting for full stacks of lvl 2 & 3 stuff. If you are solo make sure you do this for atleast 4 hours and when you turn in your loot you should get to tl 20 to 25. Now you can do this faster if you have someone killing the mobs so you can loot. Also, by the time you are done you will problie be at cl 10 to 15 depending on if you are solo or grouped. So basiclly the first day of a toons life you should be able to get to tl 25 to 30.

Ok, from tl 25 to 50 is where the fun begains. Trade runs! I always do trade runs with a JE as I use the a wormhole for TR's. Now before you say, Merlin, if you WH you lose 50% of the value of the trade goods. This is true, "But", I can WH back and forth between Sommer & Fenris 6 round trips in the time it takes you to fly the round trip. Here is how the math works. Lets say you are getting 900 one way and 1000 back the other and you have 30 cargo spots:

WH trade run = 900 x 30 / 50% = 13,500 1000 x 30 / 50% = 15,000 13,500 + 15,000 = 28,500 x 6 = 171,000

Norm trade run = 900 x 30 = 27,000 1000 x 30 = 30,000 27,000 + 30,000 = 57,000

So you see, by WH'n doing trade runs you get 171,000 xp points in the same amount of time it takes you to fly and get 57,000

Now if you are a JE, PS or TS you can do mining. Just make sure when you do mine you trade the raw ore to another player as you get double the trade you get by selling it to a vender. Now have the player trade back the raw ore and refine it so you get more trade xp, trade it back to the player once again and get more xp and then sell it.

Now if you are a TT, PP & JS the best way I have found although borring is to make Comps! My TT gets 270 trade for each lvl 9 comp he makes which take 5 sec pre comp. A 300 stack of comps comes out to 81,000 trade xp. This amount will go higher or lower depending on the lvl you are making and your trade level. Of course if you have a JE I would use the WH trade run and wh my TT, TE, TS, PP or JS to do trade runs since those classes have Negotiate.

Well I hope some of that helps you. Trade lvl's are the most grinding part of this game and that is why I always try to get them out of the way first. I normally do do any real combat until my EL & TL are both 50 so that combat will be fun and I can normally kill 10 to 15 lvl's above my own. TTYL :-)

Merlin

I'm doing a variation of the Merlin EL plan:

I triboxed two pairs of TT's and drug them around the route - I don't even bother touring the noob TT zone, and fly them directly to my JE waiting just outside the High Earth/New Edinburgh gate.

The throwaway TTs are then each equipped with 200%/PM L2 Quagmires (decr. warp cost) and L2 RR+'s, L2 Jen Pluton reactors, and looted Shikari motivators (3k warp on a L1 motor = sweetness). By the time they finish the NE sector, they've dinged the two levels needed to up their reactor and engines.

I don't bother with the shields, as they my JE can JS them easily (death is usually not an issue) and they incur no xp loss since I recycle them the moment they ding EL10.

My JE is OL99 (EL44) so her mileage on the two TTs gets her about 1.5 ELs by the time the TTs ding EL10, and usually I've gotten through most of Aragoth Prime and just the gates in VT, Fenris and VG before it's reycle time.

Then I grab the Shikari motivators and other PM equipment from the TTs, warp them over to some L28 Mabonae, and WH myself back to Carp - thence to the gate to High Earth whilst the TTs eat a death warp back to Loki Station.

Recycle, rinse, repeat.

For my JE's time, this is about the same as doing L105 jobs, maybe slightly quicker, since L105 explore jobs are not conveniently located on any particular WH weft, with the possible exception of Endriago, which my JE doesn't have yet.

I'll test the Endriago jobs as soon as I ding EL45, and I imagine things will go even quicker once I can take L135 jobs from OMP.

These tours will probably work better for my TT's ELs, who up till now has been leeching ELs from my TS when he goes mining, as she has higher navigate/faster engines/high level RR+/Unicorn L7 reactor.

• 3 weeks later...