SERVER STATUS (current)

Message added by Zackman

Please do NOT(!) chat here, this topic is for server related messages (crash, restarts etc.) so please post status reports for the live server only.

*Studies the Server Hamster laying prone on it's side for a long moment (foam oozing from the corners of it's mouth)- before grabbing some "V'rix modified defibrillator paddles"*...."3...2...1....CLEAR!!!!"

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

Looks like the server maybe unresponsive/offline as I cannot access it via the client and net-7 site is not responding with the current players logged online. Would appreciate you having a look see please.

All the best,

Yeti(GM)

30 minutes ago, Yeti said:

Hi Guys,

Looks like the server maybe unresponsive/offline as I cannot access it via the client and net-7 site is not responding with the current players logged online. Would appreciate you having a look see please.

All the best,

Yeti(GM)

The server seemed to be functioning normally for me, but when I tried logging another alt in, LaunchNet declared it was 'Offline"..  there were 6 other toons (all not mine) logged in as well, a few minutes ago. Have logged off now, just in case stuff I do doesn't get saved.

is the server up or down,  I have a red server app indicator, and net-7 says server down,  Gm tools show no one logging in or out in over 2 hours also chat tool getting a MVAS error

It went Down Yesterday about 01:30 GMT and has not came back yet. Both the live server and the one marked PTR are down the dev server seems to be up but as I am not a Dev can't check if it actually works or not so.... I say Have faith and lets hope they find something to help server be even more stable as it has been good playing this last month without a lot of CTD now crashing to "log in" or docking to "log in" is not the worst thing I've seen on a live service game. I love the fact this is kept going by donations alone. Keep up all your hard work and thank you Dev's and GM's.   😁

• Downvote 1

well the hamster went to the Bahamas with my landlord , on a cruise recon they will be back in 5 days, if the server needs a sub i got 3 field mice. lol the Dev's and GM's are looking on day labor ad's for a replacement. Film at 23:00 .

Edited by meepmeep
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

well I not sure what going on but it seems the server hardware might have craped itself. whether this is due to server garbling code or an attack still waiting to hear what happened and if they have everything they need to get it going again.

Been in Afghanistan and Iraq, one was dry the other was humid, they were both hot as hell...... Think I'll stick to the mild summers and hard and long winters where I live. Hot weather is for the Birds.

• Downvote 1

I appreciate that the GMs and DEVs are all volunteers but even volunteer organizations exhibit some common courtesies like letting people know what is going on.  People can see for themselves the server is down but I'm sure they would like to know why, that someone in a position to do something is aware of the problem, what the problem may be and what is being done.  That only takes a few minutes to post.  If the problem requires funding to resolve, I would respond and I'm sure others would as well.

I've offered my labor before to help the DEVs by way of a PM but never received a response.  I repeat that offer now.  My qualifications are pretty much summarized by my last job title before I retired, as a hands on Director of Software Development and Services for Schirmer Engineering (a part of Aon Corp).

• Downvote 2

First the GMs and Devs (by and large) can't do anything about it. Only 3 of us can because it requires access to the back end, and it's all new post migration so we don't have any of the tools that made it easier for them in the past (yet).

I was made aware of this just a few minutes ago. I will look in a moment.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Looks like it's back online.  Thank you, Kyp.  It's still astonishing to me that the emulator even exists.  It's one of my favorite games ever and I'm grateful to the entire dev team for making it a reality.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

Server is being restarted and some updates applied, this may be a few minutes but should resolve any oddness like reported above. Please keep commentary low here in the meantime.

• 4 weeks later...

Can confirm the server is down (or at least the login server) since the launcher lists it as offline and attempting to launch results in an error stating that the login server did not respond.

Stumbled across this due to E&B being mentioned in a newly released Down the Rabbit Hole on EVE, hadn't thought of this game for a hot minute (e.g. a few decades) and coincidentally just installed the Net-7 E&B client. Maybe the login servers have died due to a sudden influx of people like myself? 

Edited by Famicom

4 hours ago, Athanasios said:

Yea, I tried to login but no good. Server not responding "offline". On another note that would be awesome to have a bunch of new people joining from EVE. Welcome back Famicom.

To be more specific, it's a comprehensive >4hr documentary about EVE Online's history, part of which was early on a massive influx of ex-E&B players moving to EVE after EA killed the official servers, which is a featured section in this documentary. Since this is from a well known Youtube documentary channel I expect I'm only one of several people having their interest in this game refreshed - already the video has close to 600K views after being released yesterday.

Is anyone still online able to confirm an influx of new players? Hopefully this leads to a refreshed playerbase and subsequently more donations!

[EDIT]

It's alive, Jim!
(also sorry for this somewhat off-topic post I wasn't aware posting here pings admins oops)

Edited by Famicom