Kyp

So You Want To Be A Game Developer?

Hello there,

The Earth & Beyond emulator team is seeking several talented, spirited, and knowledgeable folks to work with us in updating and adding to the Earth & Beyond storyline. More specifically, we would like to recruit those who have a more extensive knowledge of each of the racial backgrounds from the live game. Those being Terran, Progen and Jenquai. It is a hard job, and sometimes thankless I would admit, but it’s a very rewarding thing and it teaches one a lot of lessons about what it’s like on the other side.

Part of the delay with content recently has been the extremely limited schedules of those of us that have the knowledge to put together missions that both make for a more enjoyable play experience and not violate the storyline as we have it. This position would mean a few things, first and foremost abiding by all rules specified in our Code of Conduct for developers. You would need a microphone and the ability to attend meetings. These occur at 1pm US Eastern Time on Sunday to try to allow for everyone around the world the chance to participate as we do have developers from all over. Next, you need to be driven to create things, it would help if you were proficient with the idea of writing dialogue or even being willing and able to listen to coaching and constructive criticism.

What this job doesn’t require? Contrary to popular belief it doesn’t mean knowing how to program in any major programming language (although this, or an understanding can help to diagnose problems you might have). We provide our content developers with a tool set that they log into and manipulate a GUI interface to build missions and other items for content for the player base.

Anyway, we’re seeking, and we’re hoping some of you are brave enough to answer the call. If you think this sounds like you and you’re willing to give us 5-10 hours a week to help things move along, please send me a private message here in the forum and introduce yourself. We’ll take it from there.
  • Upvote 2

Evermoore ??, please tell me this is a typo    :unsure:

Evermoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

And your point for posting this hear ??

Wanting to be a contributor but unable to make meeting times? Perhaps a PM would have been a better route...

I have posted a new article on the Facebook page, we are actively seeking additional content developers who meet the requirements listed. Please contact the page or myself directly via PM if you think you meet the requirements.

Since this is one of the most often asked questions: You do not need to know how to write programs to do this job.

• Upvote 1

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.