Current Factions And How They Interact

With things going "Live" now and more set in how things work, I was wondering if there is a current faction chart that shows the interaction in the factions that are in the game now, both the stated ones and the hidden ones.

Here we have [url="http://enb.forlorn-hope.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=55&Itemid=61"]one old faction chart that is incomplete now[/url]

And [url="http://home.swipnet.se/Hubba/factions.htm"]another that is more up to date, with the inclusion of the Glenn commission[/url]

But neither address the Chavez and their anamosity with the RD and how to go about getting both of them up at the same time, because not all "Pirates" think the same, lol

Something more current from The Powers That Be would be nice, Thanks

According to the documentation I have seen and read, the Chavez as a faction were never actually live. This has been a construct of the EMU development team to make them relevant and possibly open the door to future content. If there are factional anomalies they are probably intentional, but you can always bring them up and we can look.

For the most part Chavez faction didnt matter 10 years ago, there was no negative side to just slaughtering them in the billions so thats what everyone did. I dont recall it being any different, and documentation seems to support that.

In live you would kill your own faction for rd faction. The progens and jens would get smaller faction by murdering each other many fun hours at the mourning circle shield nova the 20 or 30 jens there ahhh such fun haha

• 1 month later...

Was there a possible player/station faction adjustment done in one of the patches over the last day or so? I was working on jobs to get trade/explore level up on my PW for the last 3 days.  Most factions were gaining considerably.  Now it looks as though I have done nothing to raise them.  Bug? or design?  If design if I re-work these factions will they stay that way next time?

uhm could we get a up to date faction table somewhere?? just noticed my TT can't dock on Jennie Stations since i went out to kill some RD's. Didnt know that i loose faction on Jenpies too... :(

edit.

ok seems its sharim traders (including Joves) why the hell do i get bad Faction from killing RD's on Sharim traders??

Edited by Aru

uhm could we get a up to date faction table somewhere?? just noticed my TT can't dock on Jennie Stations since i went out to kill some RD's. Didnt know that i loose faction on Jenpies too... :(

If you've killed RDs, take a look at your Sharim faction.  If that's -2000 or lower, you won't be able to dock at stations owned by the Sharim.  Killing either RD or Sharim, lowers both factions.

If you've killed RDs, take a look at your Sharim faction.  If that's -2000 or lower, you won't be able to dock at stations owned by the Sharim.  Killing either RD or Sharim, lowers both factions.

^^^That!

Actually the stations were broken in the past and we fixed it, so they ARE considering your standing now.

When a station is operated by a faction your standing is bad with (beginning from -1999), you will not be able to dock anymore and you need to do jobs for this faction (see sponsor when taing jobs) to regain access.

I remember i was forced to do this in the original game when i was killing my own race to gain another faction. 

When i was close to -2000, i docked at "my" station and upped the faction again by doing jobs. After that i continued tanking my home race.

• Upvote 1

^^^That!

Actually the stations were broken in the past and we fixed it, so they ARE considering your standing now.

When a station is operated by a faction your standing is bad with (beginning from -1999), you will not be able to dock anymore and you need to do jobs for this faction (see sponsor when taing jobs) to regain access.

I remember i was forced to do this in the original game when i was killing my own race to gain another faction. 

When i was close to -2000, i docked at "my" station and upped the faction again by doing jobs. After that i continued tanking my home race.

All fine as frog's hair, but...what happened to the faction I had been working on at the job terminal? Should we do screen grabbies to prove faction (if it is possible to fix). 

Are development thinking any wipe & zeroed out faction that is currently inactive but still somewhat in action?

For instance: Freespacers (inactive)

However, they were yellow to my JE, and red to my TE... Both were not being attacked.

With my TE after killing a few Freespacers, Freespacers started to attack my TE on sight, which led me thinking that for some reason killing them negates faction still even inactive....

^^^That!

Zack, has it been made possible, in the Emulator, to get kicked out of your home faction if your standing gets too low?  In Origins, I knew of players who had been kicked out of their home faction.  You could tell by targeting them because there would not be anything in the bottom of the targeting screen saying their affiliation.  I don't know what the point was where you got punted, but if it happens there should be major faction adjustments, in doing so as you'd no longer have whatever affiliation faction modifiers you started with.  I'd heard it would happen as soon as your standing dipped to neutral with your home faction, but I don't know if that's correct.  It could have been turning hostile to your home faction.  

In EnB Origins, the skills Compulsory Contemplation & Call Forward, required you to be, and remain, affiliated with the Sha'ha'dem and Sabine respectively.  If you were unaffiliated, you had to improve your faction, and do a mission called 'Atonement' to get your affiliation back.

With my TE after killing a few Freespacers, Freespacers started to attack my TE on sight, which led me thinking that for some reason killing them negates faction still even inactive....

But only temp till relog right?

Checking this...

@Terell:

No such mechanism in Emu (kick).

Note:

Stations undockable: beginning from -1999

SiSL,

i just tested it - the faction for "NON-PDA Faction mob" is not changing when killing FreeSpacers (I used a TE like you did).

What i do see tho is, the "call for help" making some of them aggroing at me as soon as i shooted one.

Test this plz:

After you shot a few FS and they aggro, leave the sector once, get back and approach the FS again. If they are not aggroing again, it was the "call for help".

Another reason why this couldn't be faction related: FS are set to "Aggro 0" which means they dont attack on sight, even if you have -8000 with them (you need to shoot first).

I find myself locked out of all stations associated with "Sharim Traders". I have only recently returned to the game (ca December 2012) and currently have an OL of 86. In Live Original, I killed thousands upon thousands of Red Dragons, and never had a problem getting into these stations. How much faction is lost for each kill, perhaps that number is a bit high. I currently have -3500 to sharim traders after a month of play.

Sharim Traders are aligned with Red Dragon, that was the same in live.

If you kill Red Dragons, your Sharim faction will take a hit as well. If you kill tons of RDs you will be locked out from Sharim Stations beginning from -1999.

Make sure -when you kill RDs- that you do Jobs sponsored by Sharim Traders (Job Terminals) inbetween to keep the Sharim faction above -1999.

In Live Original, I killed thousands upon thousands of Red Dragons, and never had a problem getting into these stations. 

Here is the faction chart from live showing clearly that killing Red Dragons were lowering your Sharim faction also on live:

[attachment=2324:factionchart.gif]

It's possible that the Sharim didn't own any stations in EnB Origins, since they never implemented the 3 missing classes.  There were Sharim ships in various locations, and prior to the patch Merjan Missing, Ariad gave missions that gave faction with them.  Some of the station ownership may be different from EnB Origins.

Thanks Zack.

Aaaahhh.....right!

I bring this up next meeting since im not sure what the best fix is (Remove Sharim Trader faction from station or Sharim Trader faction from RD Matrix), since this decision might affect ongoing story.

One could say "Its unfair that only one player(!) faction is affected by killing RD, thats a punishment for chosing this race/class"

You can also say "And other races/classes get other hits for fighting other mob...everything has its price".

You can also say "But other classes dont get locked out from home station to gain access to a rich content system (BBW/Paramis) so Sharim Traders are having a bigger disadvantage"

You see the dilemma?  :lol:

I start to understand why these three additional classes where NOT added by WestWood/EA.

Yes thats exactly what it is really, the three "new" classes have had their faction assigned to certain stations, so going and massacring RD which drops sharim and always did, will cause you to be eventually locked out of any Sharim/Seeker factioned station. 

Edit to answer Zack who posted in between without me knowing:  The Sharim question is a puzzle because you either break canon (making Sharim and RD no longer allied and subject to each others faction alliances) or you break EMU design and pull the Sharim trader faction off of the major Sharim controlled stations, probably putting Shahadem back in charge of certain ones. (Which is totally unfair to the other two races that have to account for three factions when they choose where to build in their home stations)

Either way you go its a serious call, because its canon vs design.

I suppose what really is at the heart of the question are 2 things - first, an accurate faction chart showing the trade-off (and some clarity on things like The Alliance and Net-7), and second a means of selectively rebuilding regard with each faction (no matter how tedious the grind is).

The hand-ins are a great thing. 

Elsewhere it was suggested that the Bogeril would love stacks of debris which also solves part of the cherry-picking issue (well maybe not - us miners are whiners?!)

For those poor Chavez perhaps we could find another weed to smoke like their herbal remedy.

We used to have jobs for RD - pretty please can we have those back :)

Other job owner types?

VRIX ! When do we get the Vrix again lol.

As you get further into the game we all realize we need faction for build, gate access, peace when mining, etc.  We also have professions which have quite large faction differences.  I don't think anyone thinks that differences are bad idea but we do need a roadmap to rehabilitation if we have been slaughtering the wrong thing.

As this conversation has progressed you have all made valid points, there is much debate as to how things currently work and how each of us think it should work.

But as I first posted, six weeks ago, there is no accurate chart as to how it works now

The only way I currently see to gain RD faction is you kill Chavez, turn in tiles and do Tzu's missions to get into BBW and your Chavez faction takes a big hit.  If you want Chavez faction, you can only kill RD and there goes all of that great content, you can turn in tiles, but with HulkNerf now there aint enough tiles dropping.  No RD or Chavez jobs and killing your own faction does not improve your RD faction.  The charts shown (see posting #18, thanks Zackman) or the ones I linked in my original post are broken, sometimes have Chavez and RD lumped together as "Pirate" and are filled with info that does NOT work now.

Sorry to hijack this thread back to my original thought, but it seems there is no way to get both factions up at the same time and no accurate chart to show how things work NOW.

That is my point.  Are there any thoughts on that? ^_^

Thanks.

Edited by Hobbs
  • Upvote 1

+1

Yes, we need a new (current) faction chart.  This info was provided by the orginal devs, it was not meant to be kept secret.

It's hard to figure out if it's working correctly when we don't lnow what 'correctly' is !!! 

Maybe this is the plan?