Hello, I'm New To The Forums ;)

Hi everyone,

Just a quick post to say hello and introduce myself, I found this project today and although I never played E&B, it looked like fun! I hope all is well and I can wait to play!

Thanks, Jack.

[quote name='Lemonizer' timestamp='1343293679' post='60905']
Hi everyone,

Just a quick post to say hello and introduce myself, I found this project today and although I never played E&B, it looked like fun! I hope all is well and I can wait to play!

Thanks, Jack.
[/quote]
Welcome! I too didn't play this game when it was Live... I can say it has been a very enjoyable experience playing on this Emu. Edited by Sleven.

Welcome, May I suggest a Jenquai Defender, Very powerful and Stealthy.

Jenquai Defender:
The Jenquai Defender has a hybrid of Exploration and Warrior skills. While not the strongest fighter or explorer, the combination will allow this class to stand up to many enemies found while exploring the galaxy.
[b]Strengths:[/b] Cloaking, fold space, psionic shields, summon enemies and great reactors.
[b]Weaknesses:[/b] Light armor, small cargo hull and poor shielding.

Jenquai:
[img]http://www.earthandbeyond.ca/content/game_info/character/race.jenquai.gif[/img]

The Jenquai are the descendents of the first explorers to map the far reaches of the solar system. Jenquai ancestors struck out from Earth on giant long-haul deep space shuttles knowing that turn around time from when they reached their destiny to when they returned to Earth would be measured in years.

Over time, the Jenquai ancestors became accustomed to living in harsh alien worlds and their genetic structure evolved into the current Jenquai race of today in order to take advantage of the different environments. The Jenquai have turned the pursuit of knowledge and the clarity of logic into a religion. Most Jenquai feel that the universe as a whole is the divine power and that all life encompasses that power.

Jupiter, well actually its orbiting moons, is where the noble Jenquai live. They're masters of science and technology and without them we'd still be puttering around space at sub-warp speeds. They're the true explorers of the galaxy. Going with the Jenquai means your ships aren't physically tough, but you'll make up for that with a wealth of technologies and mental powers that bolster your position in whatever you're doing.

Welcome, How ever you say it.
Ahlan'wa sahla
Dobrodošli
fòonying
huānyíng
Vítáme tĕ
Velkommen
Welkom
Bienvenue
Wolkom
Willkommen
Kalōs orisate
Aloha
Shalom
Benvenuto
yōkoso
hwangyong-hamnida
Тавтай морилогтун (tavtai morilogtun)
Velkommen
Bem-vindo, Bem-vinda
Bienvenido
Välkommen

Echo...it [b]is[/b] an opportune time for you to have joined us, all manner of new things in the works and as it was in the days of Live E & B....a great community here as well.

Also, I have a kinda nooby question (hence the signature ;P). How do I actually start playing? I'm probably overlooking some important thread or something - but how can I start? Thanks in advance, Jack.

Welcome, there's a thread stickied in the general discussion called ” Getting Started with Earth & Beyond”. It should show up at the top of the threads. That should get you pointed in the right direction.