Fourth Of July Testing Event

[color=#D3D3D3][font=Helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Happy Fourth of July from the EnB staff! [/font][/color]

[color=#D3D3D3][font=Helvetica, arial, sans-serif]As I speak the play server is being restarted for event preparations.[/font][/color]

[color=#D3D3D3][font=Helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Instead of displaying the firework effects like we've done in the past, we decided it would be more interesting and helpful for us to let the players participate in an event. In celebration we will be spawning a raid that needs testing (no loot, sorry) and you will help celebrate the fourth by lighting up the universe with your distress beacons. The raid will occur several times today and will be announced in game.[/font][/color]

[color=#D3D3D3][font=Helvetica, arial, sans-serif]This will be very helpful by letting us test a raid and should be some good fun. Bring your game face and expect some exp debt! If you miss out on this raid test don't worry. You will have plenty of opportunities to do it in the future.[/font][/color]

[color=#D3D3D3][font=Helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Thank you,[/font][/color]

[color=#D3D3D3][font=Helvetica, arial, sans-serif]- Kenu[/font][/color]

[quote name='Kenu' timestamp='1341427695' post='60119']
[color=#D3D3D3][font=Helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Happy Fourth of July from the EnB staff! [/font][/color]

[color=#D3D3D3][font=Helvetica, arial, sans-serif]As I speak the play server is being restarted for event preparations.[/font][/color]

[color=#D3D3D3][font=Helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Instead of displaying the firework effects like we've done in the past, we decided it would be more interesting and helpful for us to let the players participate in an event. In celebration we will be spawning a raid that needs testing (no loot, sorry) and you will help celebrate the fourth by lighting up the universe with your distress beacons. The raid will occur several times today and will be announced in game.[/font][/color]

[color=#D3D3D3][font=Helvetica, arial, sans-serif]This will be very helpful by letting us test a raid and should be some good fun. Bring your game face and expect some exp debt! If you miss out on this raid test don't worry. You will have plenty of opportunities to do it in the future.[/font][/color]

[color=#D3D3D3][font=Helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Thank you,[/font][/color]

[color=#D3D3D3][font=Helvetica, arial, sans-serif]- Kenu[/font][/color]
[/quote]

"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who in the name of charity and good will shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord ...when I lay my vengeance upon thee."

-Samuel L. Jackson (Pulp Fiction)

When Kenu tells me all is said and done as a freebie i'll wipe the entire servers XP debt. (although I can't help you with item quality and so on, no reasonable way to track it)

So if I log in, I should log in with Shea I guess. Edited by Bloody Riz

thanks for participating. It gave me very valuable information that I can use to improve this raid. I hope you had a good time and hopefully you will see this in game soon. Happy fourth!

It was good fun, Kenu. I do have a question regarding the crashes/lag. What can we do to correct it. I, like many, always assumed my lag i live was because of the crappy computers and even worse connections, but after today, I am wondering if it isn't something to do with the game?

I believe the lag was caused by all the firing effects. I reduced the number of weapons the mobs had which should reduce some of the lag but there's only so much we can do. There will be another test of this raid soon with increased mob damage which should also help us see if the lag reduced at all.

The lag has to do with handling all of the data in the area. Tienbau works on that using the Fishbowl as a test case, so the more people that run the Fishbowl the better for lag induced by masses of bodies. It helps him collect data on it.

Sadly i been AFK /Asleep that time ... has anybody made pictures or even better a video?? What kinda raid was it? where happened? what Bosses/Minion types been there??

ARGH need input :))