Just a few things that are puzzeling

Tonight I ran across a few things that are of concern to me simply because they make the game way more difficult. By 'way' I mean unusualy and irratatingly diffacult. Ok to start with, why are there suddenly level 46,47 and 48 Red Dragons in Inverness at Hasters Point and Hasters End. I was on my JD overall level 35 and finaly able to do the level 50 jobs out of the Cygni Station that send you to the affore mentioned places. And to my surprise I warp in and get blasted to pieces. So not fair....

Still on my JD, I decide to work off the XP debt with combat and head for a spot with the level mobs I like to kill. These were aproxamatly 7 levels above my combat level and thought they would wipe out my debt in no time. The first mob went up in flames nicely and I thought to myself this is fun, the next one however ruined that. My energy leech quit working and I ran out of reactor energy before I could warp away or cloak or anything. Poof, more XP debt. It activated normally and the graphics were perfect but nothing happened as in no reactor energy for my ship. I tried it with psi shield on and off, tried it in the begineing of the attack and at the middle of the attack but nothing would get it to work again. I logged to desktop and logged back in to get the same results, it will work once then nothing.

Now I know this is a stress test and no where near Alpha or Beta phase of deveopment and do expect this sort of thing. This expierance though has made me put the JD aside for a spell and work on other characters for now.

Please don't be angered by my posting of this because I didn't intend to be objectional. Just wished to point out the diffaculties we (the players) face from time to time. I do my best to cope with the adversities of the growing game and at times do get depressed about my characters and the game play. Then I remind myself it is only a game (a very good one too) and keep telling myself it will be so great when it's all done and perfect. Till then thank you all for bringing the best game in the world back into my life. 10 ga.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

thanks, one of the devs is working on a job editor so we can more precisely control where combat jobs spawn - at the moment the server picks a nav at random, which yeah could be overrun by much higher level mobs.

I'm not sure about the energy leech - I know it's not wired up 100% correctly yet, but I can take a look. It could have been that you had drained all the MOB's energy, although because energy isn't wired up for the mob yet I suspect the mob could still fire back.

If this is the case I will wire up the MOB energy so that if you drain it of energy it can't do much, and hopefully it will be clear what's happened.

Should mobs go static when they've been completely drained of energy? I guess we can still move our ships even when the reactor is drained, we just can't fire back.

For ya info those Mobs are NOT combat job mobs they are lv 45 and 46 RD Carriers ... and they hurt.

I was doing the same explo jobs too then one day OMG WTF .... Someone pissed off a dev i think :(

I will try to get some screen shot's ..... I found some more nasty suprise's in the area too ...

I'm not sure about the energy leech - I know it's not wired up 100% correctly yet, but I can take a look. It could have been that you had drained all the MOB's energy, although because energy isn't wired up for the mob yet I suspect the mob could still fire back.

If this is the case I will wire up the MOB energy so that if you drain it of energy it can't do much, and hopefully it will be clear what's happened.

Should mobs go static when they've been completely drained of energy? I guess we can still move our ships even when the reactor is drained, we just can't fire back.

About Energy Leech, while all but the L1 version 'Energy Drain' will return energy too you, once any of them have been used on a mob, none of them will return energy when used again on that same mob, even after said mob dies and respawns. I tried docking/reloggin my toon, still didnt drain any energy from it. Either its permanent, requiring a server reboot, or just a very long timer, either way it should be reset when a mob dies anyway.

Edited by will

About Energy Leech, while all but the L1 version 'Energy Drain' will return energy too you, once any of them have been used on a mob, none of them will return energy when used again on that same mob, even after said mob dies and respawns. I tried docking/reloggin my toon, still didnt drain any energy from it. Either its permanent, requiring a server reboot, or just a very long timer, either way it should be reset when a mob dies anyway.

It seems to be a several minute timer, at least last time I tested it. Planning on calling it forward, at least for now.if it stops the guns in the future I might go back with it, but it's just not good enough to merit the skill points at the moment. Easier to use a martyr, so at least I can know if it's ready to go our not. Maybe if the mob energy thing is too much for now just make it like other skills like psi where it won't activate and throws a "cannot use this skill for x seconds" message ave obviously (hopefully) fix it not being reset after the mob dies.

Regards

Aiel

Maybe if the mob energy thing is too much for now just make it like other skills like psi where it won't activate and throws a "cannot use this skill for x seconds" message ave obviously (hopefully) fix it not being reset after the mob dies.

It has one of those already, 24 seconds between uses.

From what Ive personally been told energy leach dont work more than 20-40% of the time.

Some Mobs will have energy while most wont, it has to deal with the Mobs not having a proper reactor coded in.

Until this is fixed all the JD's I know have called this skill forward because it just is unreliable at this time.

I believe that one of the Devs was toying with a code to bring up a number of how much reactor energy a Mob had, similar to hull and shield, and it brought up a huge number, like 500k power available to the Mob at the time.

So again the reactor numbers for the Mobs are not coded correctly and I wouldn't expect leach to be reliable till then.

Edited by Maniac

To answer your question, the RD were added by me at the request of Hexergirl as these mobs drop something important. There was also some documentation showing there were high level RD. Though to be fair, they should have been a higher level. I can replace them if desired. ;)

http://www.earthandbeyond.ca/sectormap/inverness.html

(Also there will be higher level ones that will appear around the gate to BBW if I haven't already put them there.. I don't remember at the moment but it'll happen if not.)

The gate to BBW in Inverness, had some pretty high level RD, if you had good faction, and were a miner, there was also a pretty nice orefield (L7 and L8) near there. There were other mobs guarding the orefields as well as the RD, so one had to be careful not to use Area-of-effect skills against the other orefield guardians. I think those other guardians were in the bio-ripper family of mobs, in the L40-48 range.

Those high level RD mobs are supposed to be there at Hasters Point and Hasters End along with a few mid level ones as well. Those mobs would spawn in groups of 3 with a lvl 50 in between them at times.

The locations where the job mobs spawn are randomly chosen by the server for each job. The server doesn't check the local MOB density before it picks the nav, so it's a blind choice.

When you use energy leech, it drains the mob's internal energy, which at the moment is only used for a store for that skill. The energy is supposed to regenerate, but it could be that the recovery rate is too slow.

I will have to check this out. AFAIK it's never been looked at really.

With all due respect TB those ARE NOT JOB MOBS what part of ARE NOT do you not understand SIR .

I think you should take a deep breath and read through the first post and the replys to it because you are quite clearly missunderstanding a few things... ;)