Fish bowl "hull mass" grav link

capybara

Hello,

Maybe its just me, but it seems things in the fishbowl have gotten a bit more difficult.. which i don't mind so much, but i do feel it is unfair to have such a long 'hull mass' hack on our ship... which doesn't actually "increase the mass" as it shuts off your engine entirely... especially when the wait to gain control usually means another mob will just give you another 'hull mass increase' which means you just sit there and watch three or four lv56's (or larger) eat away your entire shield and reinforced hull in a minute or two... Happened to me a few times, and means soloing in fishbowl is next to impossible, unless several other groups have already thinned out the fish so you can actually find a lone fishy or two.

Can someone please turn down the duration of the hull mass increase, and/or make it so you still have half engine speed?

Just a "suggestion"... :rolleyes:

• Downvote 1

Maybe give the JT a level 135 affiliation skill to remove debuffs as a counter to this use, which would also give a JT a healer role in a way that the more powerful traders don't provide, and gives a reason to bring her along. Could be done with a line of devices instead if a skill is too much.

The fishbowl should not be soloable and you shouldn't expect for it to be, that is absurd, though we do plan on looking at Grav Link, I've heard it does last a longer time than it should and is almost worthless the other way around when used on a mob.

• Upvote 3

Well Byak, what I meant was that when a mob uses it on a player it's lasting forever, and when the opposite occurs player -> mob it's wearing quickly and/or proving nearly impossible to stick/proc.

The fishbowl should not be soloable and you shouldn't expect for it to be, that is absurd, though we do plan on looking at Grav Link, I've heard it does last a longer time than it should and is almost worthless the other way around when used on a mob.

I agree the FB should not be soloable but that shouldn't apply to all of Cooper. Grav-link does last too long when cast by mobs leaving you a sitting duck staring at the corpse while hoping his buddies don't come looking for him. Perhaps the effect should end upon the death of the mob that cast it.

Edited by cpwings

I understand what you are saying... I have been able to solo in FB, but the trick is to make sure you only aggro one or two (max) at a time, and i'm referring mainly to the minion fish, and perhaps the 61's and 63's (which i've been able to do) provided its a one on one fight. Usually this requires some luck, or a couple of other groups taking on the Bosses, so you can isolate the stragglers.

Usually what happens, though, is once one fish goes aggro, a couple of others will follow, but if you back up enough they usually break their pursuit, or you have time to then go after the other once your first target bites it. Hense the problem with the grave link, so you need to be no closer than about 6.5k i've found..

I certainly don't have a problem with this being as difficult as it is in general, i just think the grav link lasting so long basically made it so you couldn't at least turn tail and run when you got in over your head. They would just tag team you, and you could just sit there and watch your ship go 'poof'...

If you shorten the grave link duration i think it will improve the game, while still not making it easy to fight in the FB on those days when you can't find a group to fight with.

When you're in over your head, that's why you should have a JW & TT in your group away from the fight. The JW pulls you out of the fire, and the TT heals you. While the grav link probably does last too long, the point of the skill is to stop you from running away, which makes you need medevac services when you're in trouble.

I understand what you are saying... I have been able to solo in FB, but the trick is to make sure you only aggro one or two (max) at a time, and i'm referring mainly to the minion fish, and perhaps the 61's and 63's (which i've been able to do) provided its a one on one fight. Usually this requires some luck, or a couple of other groups taking on the Bosses, so you can isolate the stragglers.

Usually what happens, though, is once one fish goes aggro, a couple of others will follow, but if you back up enough they usually break their pursuit, or you have time to then go after the other once your first target bites it. Hense the problem with the grave link, so you need to be no closer than about 6.5k i've found..

I certainly don't have a problem with this being as difficult as it is in general, i just think the grav link lasting so long basically made it so you couldn't at least turn tail and run when you got in over your head. They would just tag team you, and you could just sit there and watch your ship go 'poof'...

If you shorten the grave link duration i think it will improve the game, while still not making it easy to fight in the FB on those days when you can't find a group to fight with.

The grav link is one thing(i'm sure there will be one who looks into it), but the Fishbowl is a whole other thing. :)

Don't forget, fishbowl was set just so it's there and the drops are in game. The next step is no more solo in fishbowl. :)

greets

Hexergirl

The grav link is one thing(i'm sure there will be one who looks into it), but the Fishbowl is a whole other thing. :)

Don't forget, fishbowl was set just so it's there and the drops are in game. The next step is no more solo in fishbowl. :)

greets

Hexergirl

I don't agree that Cooper (the whole sector) be made so tough that only groups can go there. I often went to cooper (150 PS) in live solo... to mine and sometime take on the solo Ten-Gu. I was also able to hunt the RD there solo. The FB as it is now is a sad excuse for what it at one time was. My best memories of EnB were the FBs. And the Grav link the fish do now is just not right, live was NOT like this.

Being able to go in whenever one wants to is just sad, as it was one of the best epics in any game I have played. If we can't get it back as it was in live, at least change the name, because it is not "The Fish Bowl"

I don't agree that Cooper (the whole sector) be made so tough that only groups can go there.  I often went to cooper (150 PS) in live solo... to mine and sometime take on the solo Ten-Gu.  I was also able to hunt the RD there solo.   The FB as it is now is a sad excuse for what it at one time was.  My best memories of EnB were the FBs.  And the Grav link the fish do now is just not right, live was NOT like this.    

Being able to go in whenever one wants to is just sad, as it was one of the best epics in any game I have played.   If we can't get it back as it was in live, at least change the name, because it is not "The Fish Bowl"

It was nothing said about Cooper or i missed a post.... fishbowl was never be soloable and will not be, if we ar:)done with it. ;)

Cooper is there for solo and groups. Right now it should be already fun for both......i think.

greets

Hexergirl 

It was nothing said about Cooper or i missed a post.... fishbowl was never be soloable and will not be, if we are done with it. :)

Cooper is there for solo and groups. Right now it should be already fun for both......i think.

greets

Hexergirl

I guess this is what threw me... We really need to call this something else :)

Posted 08 December 2010 - 05:16 PM

snapback.pngGrendwal, on 08 December 2010 - 11:41 AM, said:

I don't think any part of the FB sector should be solo-able.

When we're done with it, it won't be, of that I can assure you.

Kyp

---