Sig Generator

I've noticed that the signature generator is not updating again. Does anyone know if there is a problem with it or have I just missed a step somewhere?

The top 2 avatars listed below are now lev 150 and 146 respectively and i have even tried replacing the links in my sig but it still shows the values from the day i first put them in.

Edited by ryprx

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've noticed that the signature generator is not updating again. Does anyone know if there is a problem with it or have I just missed a step somewhere?

The top 2 avatars listed below are now lev 150 and 146 respectively and i have even tried replacing the links in my sig but it still shows the values from the day i first put them in.

Have you tried going back to net-7.org and regenerating your sig file? You'll need to refresh your browser's cache to see the changes, but it should update properly.

• 3 weeks later...

I noticed the sig generator has a different pop-up when you update your sig. Also, my sig is not getting updated either on the net-7 site or on the forums, even after doing the ctrl-f5 to refresh.

Edit: I noticed I get a javascript error when I try to update that says:

Line: 5910

Char: 4

Code: 0

URI: http://www.net-7.org/js/jquery.js

This is on IE8, however the update works fine on firefox

Edited by Grendwal

The Sig generator works fine, but yes, you have to completely refresh the page in order to see the changes. If you update and then look at your sig on the forums you will see the changes did in fact take effect.

There is one issue though, the TS signatures are using the outdated ranks instead of the new ones that are in the game. Please correct this, Illiana is a Ranger, not a Sergeant Major, thanks. :D

Ok,

I have found an issue, and now resolved this.

Should be working for every one.

None Geeks stop reading here ....

Due to the sigs being generated and stored in a differernt sub domain and me using jQuery and javascript to create the sig in the background, YOUR browser security was preventing the scripts being called, i have now researched, coded and implemented a fix for this issue.

This has been tested and uploaded.

Ok,

I have found an issue, and now resolved this.

Should be working for every one.

None Geeks stop reading here ....

Due to the sigs being generated and stored in a differernt sub domain and me using jQuery and javascript to create the sig in the background, YOUR browser security was preventing the scripts being called, i have now researched, coded and implemented a fix for this issue.

This has been tested and uploaded.

Yes, and it works quite well now - almost insta-response. Prior to the fix I was finding that update attempts just resulted in the "spinning" doohickey (tech term alert!) remaining in spin mode indefinitely.

I thought the issue might have to do with my security here at work, but I thought it was strange that it worked in Firefox here and not in IE8. But it is working now for me.

It's a little known, and not published change to the default security settings in IE8 (as well as IE9+). They basically said, scripts that access 3rd party sites relative to the page will get trounced and stopped in their tracks unless there's an accessible and valid P3P file on the 3rd party site. This was done to protect folks from Javascript hijacking exploits, compliance with privacy laws in the EU, while enabling legitimate 3rd party scripts (such as ad banners, etc) to continue working.

AFAIK, these same settings should be available in the latest Chrome, Safari and Firefox browsers, but they may handle the stomping in more friendly ways (i.e., perhaps notifying you with a dialog box).

• 3 months later...
[quote name='JonesPW' timestamp='1300755111' post='36994']
I've firgerd it out thanks to seru but my problem is my TE and PS kinda come up as a broken picture :/ well atleast my PW is up :D
[/quote]

You have to generate a signature for all characters, not just one, as you can have a different image backgroup for each.

What are the names of your other characters?

Sorry to bump this thread if it's not the appropriate one

but wanted to mention that max hull TSes are still titled Warrant Officer in the sig generated but the rank has been changed to Elite Ranger. Small, nitpicky comment, just thought I would mention it.

[quote name='Alyseria' timestamp='1301098733' post='37191']
Sorry to bump this thread if it's not the appropriate one

but wanted to mention that max hull TSes are still titled Warrant Officer in the sig generated but the rank has been changed to Elite Ranger. Small, nitpicky comment, just thought I would mention it.
[/quote]

Fixed,

Regenerate yout sig and this should be sorted

Bumping thread again because I think the sig generator may be looking at outdated information. I have refreshed my JE's sig image a few times and it's not showing him at 136 or whatever I have him at. I think it may be because we just switched servers, I imagine you'll be able to rectify this in no time at all. ;)

I just created sigs for my guys and all seemed to work, cept the JE and JD are reporting incorrectly. They are both max 150 and have all upgrades yet they are being reported as Master and Lai'Shao instead of GrandMaster and KenShao like they are in game. I tried regenerating several times but no joy. Not like its a big deal or anything but just postin for post sake.

Hmmm, my sigs don't seem to be working. My TS is lvl 56 and my JS is 82, I've updated them 2 or 3 times at net-7.org in the last week but they're still reporting what they were when most of my toons were in the 30s. I'll repost after I bump them again in a minute.

On the net-7.org site I cannot change to my other accounts to access the sig-refresh features for my toons on those account. Perhaps there would be a way to lump all the toons from the three allowed accounts under the one "parent" log in?

• 4 weeks later...
BUMP
I know this isn't a really big deal ,i can't seem to get any of my sigs to work except for my main(see sig) i get the dreaded red X. Am i doing something wrong or did i miss something ?
Thanx for any help you can send my way :)

Edit : OK got em now for some strange reason IE was blocking them .... Edited by vrixy