YetiGBR1

Login and staying Connected Issues

I got shouted at and given 5 warning points for reporting this on the server status thread 😢 

Sorry @Zachman I didn't purposefully break any rules was only trying to report what I believe to be a server status issue.

Edited by DaveOMac
Clarification

6 hours ago, DaveOMac said:

I got shouted at and given 5 warning points for reporting this on the server status thread 😢 

Sorry @Zachman I didn't purposefully break any rules was only trying to report what I believe to be a server status issue.

you will get used to respowns like this from Zachman.

I am also having this problem with one of my chars.

If I login another character with him on he crashes and vice versa.

But without him it works fine logging in 2 chars on same machine.

Ok what do we know so far:

1: It is affecting more than one user from more than one country.

2: It's NOT lag related as all pings and TraceRT's come back within acceptable boundries (least for me they do, can't comment on others with the same issue.)

3: It's not routing related as all routes come up clean and consistant (least for me they do, can't comment on others with the same issue.)

4: Usually within 30 seconds of logging your character in (assuming you do not get a "waiting for server" or "sever failed to respond to Sector Login error" you loose all your friends in your friends list and then can not target/interact with anything in game so have to either use /quit or kill app in the task manager, sometimes it takes a little longer lets say 5 mins.

5: We are not seeing any help/responses from our support staff, yes they could be on holiday/over worked/cannot be bothered to respond or a whole host of other reasons.

6: We as users and supporters of EnB EMU are getting more and more frustrated with the lack of response from either @Kyp , @Zackman , or any of the team on these issues.

Possible issues that could be looked at in my estimation as an Ex-server/Desktop/Comms Engineer and Manager/Director:

1: Your comms between your VM switch and your VM servers?

2: Your provider of the VM solution may have driver issues?

3: Corruption in the database of user  accounts?

There are clearly issues that need addressing otherwise any new players that we have gained and are willing to support/donate to the cause will be lost IF no action is taken.

On a side note : Happy New Year from the UK and I hope your all keeping safe.

It's now affecting 5 of my accouts!!!

Edited by YetiGBR1
typo's
  • Upvote 1

Just a Quick "Thankyou" to whoever rebooted the server over 11hours and 30 minutes ago it seems to have resolved the issues. 👍

Edited by YetiGBR1
  • Upvote 2

Ditto, thank you for sorting 

11 hours ago, YetiGBR1 said:

Just a Quick "Thankyou" to whoever rebooted the server over 11hours and 30 minutes ago it seems to have resolved the issues. 👍

That was me, even after reading such comments:

On 12/31/2020 at 7:43 PM, Veolia said:

you will get used to respowns like this from Zachman.

and

On 1/1/2021 at 8:09 AM, YetiGBR1 said:

6: We as users and supporters of EnB EMU are getting more and more frustrated with the lack of response from either @Kyp , @Zackman , or any of the team on these issues.

After deciphering what a "respowns" is - and facing even my name being misspelled, i need to rephrase that we are NOT working here being payed employees and that we might spending our time with our families. We do not sit in front of a computer game all time.

Also know that I stopped monitoring the server thread a bit ago as you guys didn't stop chatting there - although i asked countless times to stop the chatter in that thread (i got an alert mail each time which was very annoying). That is called "cause and effect" and the server not being restarted for 11 hours now? -> just a consequence.

People need to stop complaining about the result of their own actions, esp. the attitude of a few people towards the ones pushing the buttons for you.

Just in case you missed it: Ask yourself why there is almost noone left here coding for you or adding content. Ask yourself why almost EVERYBODY of the volunteer Devs left at some point. Many of us (staff) was/were being flamed in the forums, we saw (heavy) badmouthing in the game and we were facing bold behaviour and insolence in the forums over and over again. Sooner or later almost every ex-dev was fed up of this crap and called it.

I'm sorry you feel that way Zackman, genuinely thank you for resolving the issue.

Happy New Year

Just read your comments @Zackman I think you have mis-understood what was actually meant by:

44 minutes ago, Zackman said:

The time ref was because I was offline when it was done, yes I could have left it out but I felt it was required but not as a poke at you at all. I was/am genuinely thankfull you did what you did.

44 minutes ago, Zackman said:

I'm not sure why you have taken offence at the truth of that statement, I/we KNOW your unpaid and not employed and do all this stuff for free and I for one am very greatful for it. But the truth is usually you guys do stuff and we never know what you have done or the reasons behind it, I/we are not asking to complete breakdowns or blow by blow accounts, even a simple note to say "yes, monitored we are looking at it" of something of that sort.

As @DaveOMac put it

41 minutes ago, DaveOMac said:

I'm sorry you feel that way Zackman, genuinely thank you for resolving the issue.

These are genuine sentiments from both myself and @DaveOMac and most of those that were effected.

Edited by YetiGBR1
typo's

Zackman we all appreciate all the hard work u guys have done and is doing.

But look at it from our side of it all:

How many people have left due to no content?

Also i know a lot of "old timers" that has stopped donating due to no content.

End game has gotten really boring due to doing it over and over a "million Times"(figure of speech).

There will always be bad mouthing in games/forums.

Been on the receiving end of a lot myself.

People do love this game,

So keep it up and running and get some content going and people will return.

Yes we know u do it for free,

But in a way we pay for it via Donations.

Don't take shit on forums to your self,

People do need a place to "vent" iff u know what i mean.

Iff it get's to bad, just delete posts and give out warnings.

Don't take everyone under that same roof pls.

Anyways Happy new year to those Dev's who is still around.

Zap out