Web Portal: Suggestions

SiSL

Awesome job Karu, looks great, will make finding items with specific buffs much easier.

Like Stevinium, I don't use the race/profession filters.  When I search the database, i'm usually looking for an item for one of my toons.

• 1 month later...

I apologize if this has been brought up before, but can we get a "Manufacurable By" filter on the database?  I was fleshing out my recipe book for my JS and filtered out non-manu items, but Jenquai Restricted items still popped up.  I COULD filter Usable By Jenquai Seeker, but then Progen Only, or Terran Only items wouldn't show up

• 1 month later...

I'm trying to get to know the wiki better and are struggling a little with getting an overview of what categories exists. On wikipedia you can go to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Categoriesto get a list of them all. This seems to be disabled on the net-7 wiki (https://www.net-7.org/wiki/Special:Categories). Would it be possible to either enable it or create a page that actually lists the various categories defined in the wiki?

• 8 months later...

A few suggestions for the Mission Log tab:
1) Sort the completed missions list either by completion date or alphabetical order.  Maybe there's a sort order already, I just don't see what it is.
2) Perhaps the number prefixing on the mission names aren't needed.  Right now, this is just preventing me from copying the mission names into a spreadsheet and alpha-sorting it myself that way.
3) Add the mission giver to the mission description.  Would be useful if I've done a mission on one toon and want to do it on another one.
4) Add the completion date/time into the description.

Thanks for the consideration.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Would it be possible to add "Unknown Galaxy" to the sector population list on the Sector Stats page?  Some of us use that tab when planning raids (i.e. if there's 10+ players in that sector, we'll know that there's most likely a raid forming or on-going).

• Upvote 1

• 4 months later...

Can you bump up the search result limit in the item database?

Many searches return this result:

Only the first 100 items are used for your query. Use name and category to finetune your search.
Note: If you are using filters we do not return the first 100 filtered items - only the first 100 items were used for filtering, so your final result could be like (eg.) 3 items only.

With new hardware, maybe this could be bumped up to 500 or 1000 without impacting performance too much?

I have a couple of scenarios where I run into issues:
1) For L3-9 devices, each level contains more than 100 devices, you can add the "Usable by" filter to get this under 100 and that works in most cases.  I've run into an issue here in the past where I might have been looking for a specific device, didn't remember the name but I knew I'd recognize it when I saw it so I wanted to see a list of all the devices for a particular level.

2) When working on your build list the "Show only items..." filter is not a part of the query to the server (doesn't count toward the 100 results).  It would be useful if I could select the following:
Category = Projectile Weapon
Manufacturable = Yes
Show only items... = I can't build

Now I might only be missing 10 items, however I will get the 100 item limit message and will only get a partial result.  There is a workaround, I can add the "Level" as well and that will get it under 100, but that means I have to run the search 9 times instead of once.  Add in the other categories: Beam Weapon, Devices, Engine, Missile Launcher, Reactor, Shields and you end up with 63 queries you need to run instead of 7.

I acknowledge that this isn't a bug it's more of a usability enhancement, either way the database search is a great tool and it gets the job done.

• 2 weeks later...

Under the master account settings, there is a setting "A-Z Avatar List", this is very useful and makes sorting much easier.

This setting is working correctly on the main avatar list on the left of the main screen, it also works correctly in the "Account Vault" combo-boxes, however it's not working on the "Team Vault" tab, would it be possible to carry this setting over to the Team Vault tab?

• 1 year later...

Hey all,

As a recent new player to Sunset (played on live). One of the things I find myself constantly wondering about is what gear other players are using in the game. I was wondering if it would be possible to add a text field entry to the 'ship info' tab that would allow us to put in other avatar's (not our own) names.

I imagine some people may not want to share, so maybe the Avatar privacy toggle for 'Public Builds' could do double duty to hide their 'ship builds' ( as well as their recipes books) :)

2 hours ago, tsaavik said:

I was wondering if it would be possible to add a text field entry to the 'ship info' tab that would allow us to put in other avatar's (not our own) names

no. send them a message instead.

• 5 months later...

Hi
I am wondering if it would be possible to search for, or at least display, the "item category". For instance, "Sparta Prefabricated Slugs" is of category "Shell Casing" and "Focus 450 Fission Core" is of category "Power Core". The reason for this is I am trying to be a master builder and to be able to complete "build trees" this is necessary. I try this myself but since the db is so good I don't see no reason to keep this data myself. For instance, if I want to be a reactor builder, I need a toon to be able to build all Power cores or Power couplings to be able to build everything. Which are they..? Really hard to search. I don't think it would be a spoiler to be able to search that info either.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Jarmuk said:

I am wondering if it would be possible to search for, or at least display, the "item category". For instance, "Sparta Prefabricated Slugs" is of category "Shell Casing" and "Focus 450 Fission Core" is of category "Power Core".

added

• Upvote 1

Wow great job karu

could we get a mission item category ? like for the balefire reactor line for example

https://www.net-7.org/?#item/Brilliant+Balefire/builders

say it does not drop because its a mission item to get the mapping ...

--------

Also a not yet available in game or retired from game du to advance in story line ? 

example :

https://www.net-7.org/?#item/Vrix+Pheromone+activator/builders

4 hours ago, Moulinneuf said:

could we get a mission item category ?

We never tell what drops where and we also don't compile a list of missions and it's rewards.

Find out yourself, go and explore...share your enlightment with the user-wiki... :rolleyes:

15 hours ago, Zackman said:

We never tell what drops where and we also don't compile a list of missions and it's rewards.

Find out yourself, go and explore...share your enlightment with the user-wiki... :rolleyes:

1.Ich habe nicht nach einer Drop-Location gefragt

2. Ich habe nicht nach einer Liste der Missionszusammenstellung gefragt

3. Wie im Beispiel des Balefire-Reaktors der Artikel sagt, dass dieser Artikel nicht auf der Hauptseite angezeigt wird, was auf den Mangel an Bauherren hindeutet

4. https://www.net-7.org/?#item/Vrix+Pheromone+activator Für den Vrix Pheromon-Aktivator ist es auch ein Missionsgegenstand, aber in diesem Fall hat sich die Handlung über die Verfügbarkeit des Spiels hinaus bewegt, aber einige Spieler haben sie immer noch in der Build-Liste, da sie diese Mission bereits abgeschlossen haben länger verfügbar

https://www.net-7.org/wiki/index.php?title=Special:Contributions/Moulinneuf&dir=prev&limit=500&target=Moulinneuf habe seit 2013 im Wiki mitgearbeite

Wasting my time looking for a gone / not yet available item or drop location for  a mission item is not something I enjoy doing , item does not drop is not reflecting properly the real state of item on the server , not asking for a database search , but an accurate identifier of in game availibility. 

I am sorry if you misunderstood my request for what you believe is a request for searchable option, wich this is not and not the item availibility in game identifier I am requestng. 

• 3 weeks later...

seems to me that the process for new players starting up with EnB is unclear from the web portal access.  Suggest a new icon/entry [on the master net-7.org webpage] to further page(s) titled "Getting Started".  Within this the usual suspects could be listed:  link to download/install instructions, multi-boxing setup instructions, link to and discussion of the wiki, link to the most used EnB maps, etc.

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

re: these Forums

It seems that the "sort by" mechanism [upper right of main page] does not work.  I'm using Firefox [don't think it matters] and the "last update" and "reply date" choices appear to do nothing