New To Enb..saying Hi.

Found this game yesterday after searching for ages for a decent multiplayer space game.

It's patching now....erm...is it meant to take this long. It's been patching for over 8 hours now :wacko: If this is the norm then fine...I dont mind as long as I get to explore space.

On a plus note, it's given me time to browse the forums and read about the pro's and con's of the different races.

I have talked a group of friends into downloading aswell which they will be doing today. We play a fair amount of mmo's together but are all ex freelancers and STO players (ok game but over way to quickly) and miss our trips into space. So with me, you should have 6 new players this week.

Anyway, I look forward to seeing everyone in space at some point.

Awesomesauce. Thats what this game needs, massive incoming newbie players.

This game is old, very very old. Like it predates even WoW, so realize youre coming into a much simpler time, but a lot of the game mechanics you see in newer games were pioneered in games like this one.

Its gotta say something about the replay value tho, if the emulator of it has endured for a decade after the game shut down with a fairly constant die hard population base. There arent thousands of us, but this has always been the tightest MMO community I have ever known.

Yeah welcome,

First NO it should not take 8 hrs to patch unless using a 56k modem (i suggest restarting the client)
Second like Ryle said the MMO is really old and its non of the "hello give me ur hand and ill guide u till u are maxed lvl" games
If you and your friends are looking for a MMO with family tight comunity where u can ask almost everything and many times will need to ask in the chat's yout might have found a new home. As i can say take your time explore the game and enjoy.

Welcome! Keep in mind that the game is also no where near finished, expect a few bugs, balance issues, and realize that it is missing many of its missions and some high level content. With that being said, the Devs have done a great job, the game is very playable and on its way to what it should be.

Like others have said, realize you are playing the beta of a first generation MMO...a game that was around just as other games like Everquest 1 were just breaking the ice...and this is not the finished product, it is just about to go to the beta stage.

With that said, hope you have fun and don't be afraid to ask for help!

Welcome to the community. As others mentioned, the close knit family is what has kept interest alive for EnB imho. Even those such as myself who tend to solo play most of the time get help and good advice when asked for. Yes, the game engine is dated but the folks behind programming the new content will keep things fresh and they do listen. I look forward to the Beta phase. I hope you and your friends find a new home here. I know I missed my MMO sci-fi fix at Sunset. So glad EnB came back....a tribute to the family community.

[b]Welcome.[/b]
[b]May I suggest that You Start a Jenquai Defender, very stealthy.[/b]

[b]Have you played Freelancer by the Route of being a Pirate?[/b]
[b]What MOD server did you play on?[/b]

I understand it is an old game (I'm 34 and still play on my c64 and amiga emulator so thats not a problem) and have been in beta tests for mmo's before and after playing last night this seems more finished than most of them :D , so again not a problem for me.
Never been a pirate on freelancer, if I can find a mod server thats still active I might give that a go (get my evil side out). I used to play on the BSGmod server, but lately it's pretty dead, it's still installed but each time I go to log on the server is empty :( .
Overall it took just over 9 hours to patch (I have 50meg broadband)...and that was the same both times. The first time I installed I couldnt log on so uninstalled and repatched. I've backed up the directory as a zip file now just incase I need to reinstall.
And my first char was a JD, I'm going to give each char a try out and find the one I am most comfortable with. I like the stealth side of the Jenquai, but I am tempted by the shear tankness of the Progen so who knows.

• 3 weeks later...