Mob Dps

paul

I know I will probably get some hate for this but back on live the dps from 50+ mobs was alot more than it is now.

A few examples:

My 150 JE used to try to kite voltoi, I would take 3 maybe 4 hits and I would be in hull with a level 8 shield.

My 150 TE used to get raped by the 50ish tengu in cooper, they would grav link me so I couldnt kite or warp out, then tear me a new one when they got closer.

My 150 JD's max psi shield used to get taken out after 2-3 hits from a 50.

Im sure the people that played in live remember what the damage was like from the 50+'s, you couldn't do it solo unless you could tank or kite.

No hate at all, i posted this in "some" thread ago a few month already. I have the very same feeling:

On live i was out with my PW and JE (multiboxing).
i always made sure to "pull out" a single fish from the group - avoid aggroing more then one under all circumstances ! - When i aggroed 2 Tengus L51 accidiently, i was down to the hull with L150 PW, guranteed!!

Today i go out, hit "F", JE spams shield sap, i spam shield sap - mob dead (L55 Viscious Tengu Slayer).
When i got my TT with "us", its even more worth, there is no incap, period.

I kill 5 Fishies simultan with NO problem at all.
So yes, high level mob is too weak.

I remember Fishbowl REALLY(!) needed 2 full groups.
Today you finish the bowl with one group with only 5 people (we did exactly this).

Im not complaining if it sounds like... i'm trying to be constructive, helping getting it more challenging again - like it was in live.

And yes: Its not we doing too much damage: Its the mob being too weak.

Damage is lower, but there is a problem - they still deal Plasma and Chemical damage in one large packet, rather than over time as they should. Once the damage is spread out the overall dps can be increased, significantly in some cases.

However, I can't agree with your memories of Live - Voltoi, Ten-gu and other normal L50+ mobs(even named) were easy to solo with only PM gear at OL140+ for the 3 warrior classes.

I think you're correct on the damage involved, though since we're still pre-alpha, that issue will be addressed. Not sure what the devs timetable on this is.

Voltoi could be soloed with a JE, did it several times with both beams & projectiles in live. It's slow, and inefficient, but if you've Comaed the mob, have decent backwards speed, and use the Teleport enemy skill, it's quite doable, with either L9 beams or L8 projectiles. (Voltoi didn't have the best scanners in the world, nor were they all that fast.)

On live I made alot of kills with my JE of 50+ mobs solo. I used L8 projectiels to kite them without these mobs ever firing a single shot at me.

I have no idea how it it now at those levels. After I stopped back in closed beta Net-7 Earth & Beyond style (when we still had to figure out which animation was to go with what skill or how to get this game workable on a x64 Windows machine) I never got 1 character up to L150.

My JE on live could kite voltoi, I only had about a 0.5k leeway though between being too close and gettin my butt kicked or out of range with my beams. It took a while to kill em but was fun trying.

In live it was possible to combat CL5x mobs with any profession although the degree of difficulty varied depending what your profession was, your equipment, your buff setup, your skill points and skills, etc. A Jen in live getting hit probably needed to find more ways to adapt.

A JD could solo the drones in BBW above the station and those drones were much tougher than the emulator.

A PS could solo the V'rix on Planet Primus and in the shear adjoining Swooping Eagle.

A JE could kill any mob solo 1v1 one time at least to prove it could be done.

Voltoi started off being pretty tough but then with better weapons and better DPS they got easier to deal with. A pre-turbo PW with all-Archos had to kite, then along came turbo and better buffs and the situation adapted to fighting face-to-face with the Voltoi even against the CL60 boss.

Cooper is a venue for levelling up and the difficulty shouldn't be set for OL150 players to have a challenge. That would make levelling up for players trying to progress to the end level too hard. Nifelheim Cloud already seems tuned for OL150 players it was a place in live you could go to level up combat but in the emulator the time versus effort equation doesn't make it worth it.

There is always a stage where mobs are tough and challenging before your character improves and you adapt. When a character maxes out their equipment levels and skills the challenge changes. That evolving nature makes it pretty difficult to compare one players experience from live with anothers. And then trying to compare that with the emulator without knowing all the parameters might be a folly too far.

[quote name='Zackman' timestamp='1334097858' post='56636']
Hmm......i already hunted L50 Fish in Cooper (emu) when i was CL 34 on PW....therefore i disagree on the "to hard to level" part :blink:
[/quote]
Yeh don't forget, live, fishies had some nasty debuffs, their current DPS may (or not) be the same level, but without the debuffs hampering you, your dps blows through them faster than it would have live. Remember they had reactor draining debuffs? This used to be a nightmare soloing with a PW/PS, since there weren't any good PMed reactors then they were already at a disadvatage, then add a -10% or more reduction to reactor charge, or a reactor hack and you had some serious hamper there. They also had some visability debuffs, painting a neon sign on you making every fishy agro etc.

I have come to a point with the mobs that I can only make minor adjustments to the drops. This will be my waiting point to hear that the new AI for mobs is stable, and I will then start looking into weapons, skills etc., on mobs.
There will be additions and changes to some mobs as to what they shoot, and skills they should have that they don't have now. As for a time window, I don't have one, but when it comes,you'll know. It will be posted on the Launcher just like all new changes are.

Edit: All feedback and comments are still welcome.

Good points, mobs currently aren't resisting skill or debuffer use either at this time. When those things are no longer 100% effective, the mobs will be more difficult to handle solo. In addition, as far as I can tell, mobs cannot interrupt player's skill use, other than prospecting, when that starts to happen the mobs will be more difficult as well.

With upcoming changes mentioned as a possiblity, though not described to the classes, as well as eventual balancing of the mobs, it's going to be pretty interesting in the next few patches. Looking forward to seeing such changes, though I would love to know what's upcoming.