Give Je's Their Group Role Back

paul

Back on live energy conservation devices were rare, if you were very lucky you may have found a taniwhas in a hulk or had a guildy give you one. It was easier to get a JE in the group to feed you power than it was to find one of these devices pre-raid.

My suggestion is to make the lower level energy conservation devices drop alot less so that people will consider takeing JE's out in hunting groups.

Did the loot table changes make the pride devices drop more frequently?

Unless they drop more frequently now I don't see the problem. For example, it used to take a couple of days camping the mob in Primus for a Tatsu. The prides have been leaking out in hulks in the emulator (they were mob only drops in live) which I don't think is right.

Groups will always invite a JE back again if they have demonstrated they have the equipment and skills to keep the group going.

I don't think availability of pride devices affects low level groups wanting to invite a JE.

In live the taniwhas was a hulk drop. As i said in another post though hulks had a very small chance of droping devices, most of them just contained junk. The taniwhas i got on live was from a lv5 hulk in SE, i gave it to a guildie (150 pw) that had not been to a raid so was drooling over this device when i gave it to him. In the few years that i played on live that was the only one i ever found.

Im not sure about the tatsu's drop chances or where it droped from.

There's a large surplus of Taniwha's and Tatsu's Pride from when they were spawning like crazy in hulks, and then later again in asteroids. Current drop rate has nothing to do with it, if its ever changed. The supply will never decrease, they just get rotated out to new toons.
Then again, Agrippa has switched the value of the tatsu/taniwha from their conservation buff to their unrestricted damage resist debuffs.

taniwha and tatsu devices were rare drops from named RD's in Live as well (although you could get them from hulks this was such a random chance that very few found them). This was a great way to force players to tank their RD faction while they looked for these devices. The drop rate on them is already very low and the only way to make it even tougher would be to lower the named mob respawn time but I think that may be overkill imo.

There are a ton of reasons to have a JE in your group but now that phoenix devices are working it may be more obvious that the 'power tansfer' isn't really that needed while leveling. Having a scutums and fornax buff sure does help warriors out though and I doubt any player would shy away from this. I think putting the Arduinne gas fields and mobs back on Arduinne planet would help JE's more than messing around with energy settings. In Live Arduinne, and at a lower level Iverness groups, were a sure way to get into a combat/mining group.

JD's probably use the most power but a PW or TW can generally do fine without a JE or energy conserve device. It was the same way in Live. The exception was if a warrior went hard core combat and didn't keep their reactor up to their weapon level. This is still the case in the EMU but most players are experienced enough that they don't do this. However at level 8 weapons, when warriors get their first turbo weapons, having a JE became very useful in Live. Once a warrior had a lot of turbo, in Live, JE's became huge time savers. Currently warriors that have a lot of turbo buffs enabled/equiped don't appear to eat up energy like they did in Live. If one thing was to change I would recommend changing that.
  • Upvote 1

[quote name='Kyp' timestamp='1331591703' post='55402']
You might be seeing some class changes here soon, but I won't say exactly what yet.
[/quote]

Interesting. Could this mean that Alpha is closer than we might think? Are said changes still under discussion, or are they almost finalized?

I'm discussing them with the leads of the respective races and compiling some data to look at potential balance issues with those changes. I'd place them out at least a month but ya know: [b]Soonâ„¢[/b]

I do raids all the time. I love having a JE in the group to keep me juiced up. When my TT is spamming heals, the reactor dies fast, and if not for the JE the group would prolly end up looking like a bag of doritos.
Not to mention the added side effect of his leech taking lots of shield away.

Currently warriors that have a lot of turbo buffs enabled/equiped don't appear to eat up energy like they did in Live. If one thing was to change I would recommend changing that.

Three reasons why this is:
1. Live there weren't PMed high end reactors for progen, there are now, they are achieving higher recharge rates becuase of that.
2. Turbo doesn't stack as high as it once did, they aren't then draining reactor as fast as in live.
3. Mobs had much more debuffs, to be specific, they had three reactor debuffs that played havoc with warriors,
3A. hack reactor, they knocked reactor offline for a time prohibiting energy usage until recovery.
3B. reactor recharge, they debuffed your recharge rate making you drain reactor much faster than normal.
3C. reactor leech, they stole some of your reactor pool making you run out sooner.

2,3(a,b,c) is just a few of the many reasons JE are and will be needed in a group, especially to offset debuffs, with a pheonix they can counter reactor leech, just being in the group helps offset reactor recharge debuffs and scutums and others active counter it specificly, with psi buffs they can upgrade the resistance to hack.

I wouldn't advocate getting out a nerfbat to "balance" warriors just because people FEEL JE's are under-utilized becuase warriors aren't draining power as fast as before. Get the debuffs in, get the turbo in, get the AI in and all the other skills working correctly, the warriors will drain as before and not need "balancing" to sooth JE's dander.

Want some "balance"? Fix cloak so it's not a "I-Win button", fix shield leech for same, when all the other skills and debuffs are in as I said before, trust me, the warriors will want the JE along just as much as the JE will when cloak fails. Edited by Mattsacre