Broken Item Effects

The phoenix and coma devices weren't working for a long time but they have been fixed recently so along that line, are there any other item effects (activated, instant or equip) that aren't working properly at the moment?

I've heard rumors that Improve Critical Targetting isn't working for classes that don't have the Critical Targetting Skill, same thing with hull damage control.

Here's my list:
- Improve Critical Targetting (for non warriors/non progen)
- Hull Damage Control (for non warriors)

Please add to my list and I'll be sure to post them to the bug tracker so they are brought to the entire dev team's attention.

Thanks,
-Kenu

Hull Damage Control Equipment buffs do not work for anyone, warrior or not. Only the Damage Control skill works.

I believe it is the same for the Improved Critical Targeting Equipment buff. Skill based buffs work and stack(Crit Targeting, Rally), but equipment based buffs do not work for anyone. Though this is impossible to test unless they are to stack additively.

Reroute Shield Energy(Instant): Should convert shield energy to reactor energy, based on % of max capacity of each.
Currently still converts max capacity as a % of each instead, and only for an instant, before reverting.

Shield Drain(Activated).

Device Energy Conservation(Equip).

Scan Boost(Equip), Reactor Recharge(Equip), and Increase Speed(Equip): The buff found on many L9 devices(and probably others) does not scale with quality as it should. The L9 Phoenix and L9 Coma are examples for all three.

Improved Cloaking(Equip): Stealth Strike time does not increase as it should.

All Damage Feedback Equipment buffs: Energy Feedback, Greater Energy Feedback, Counter-strike, Greater Counter-Strike.

Question for those who may remember: Should the energy cost of the Phoenix be equal to the amount transferred, or an additional cost to the amount being transferred?

Shield Energy Converter- does not work at all but when left-clicked/hot key is pushed for it the timer (little clock) starts turning away but nothing happens. This device looks exactly the same as the Martyr's Heart, and both of these level 7 devices drop from Raman the Polisher. The MH works just fine but the shield energy converter does nothing at all.

Cannot log in right now to check but i think the effect of the device is to reroute 43% of your shield recharge (cap?) to 23% of your reactor recharge (cap?).

please ensure you specify the name of an item that has the broken effect - it makes it a lot easier to fix.

thanks!

Oh and currently the Phoenix devices have a constant activation energy which scales up with the device level. This is a fair bit lower than the amount being transferred (as you'd expect).

Hull Damage Control(Equip)[list]
[*]Barrier of Ooze
[/list]
Improved Critical Targeting(Equip)[list]
[*]Deadly Breeze
[/list]
Shield Drain (Activated)[list]
[*]Petit Caplata
[*]Tractor Repulsor
[/list]
Device Energy Conservation(Equip)[list]
[*]Reinforced Solar Sail
[/list]
Device Energy Friction(Equip)[list]
[*]Yellow Dragon Laser M4
[/list]
Improved Cloaking(Equip)[list]
[*]Pegasus UGC 4
[/list]
Counter-Strike(Equip)[list]
[*]Fiery Paragon
[/list]
Greater Counter-Strike(Equip)[list]
[*]Heart of the Master
[/list]
Energy Feedback(Equip)[list]
[*]Jenquai Reinforcer Model II Novem
[*]Progen Reinforcer Model II Novem
[/list]
Greater Energy Feedback(Equip)[list]
[*]Glare of Devastation
[*]Fury of the Master
[*]Smiter's Wrath
[/list]

• 4 weeks later...
Here's some more:

Worsen Beam Handling (Equip) - Beam damage is unaffected, can't test accuracy part though.[list]
[*]Europa C/9000
[/list]
Group Hug (Activated) - Activated version of Hull Damage Control[list]
[*]Snugs 'N Hugs ____ Plush ____
[/list]
Slow Weapons (Activated) - Unsure if actually works, however the value becomes worse as quality increases, not better.[list]
[*]Biomechanical Languor
[*]____ Lodestar
[/list]
Decrease Speed (Activated)[list]
[*]Burden ____
[*]Lethargic ____
[*]Singularity Mortar
[/list]
Decrease Maneuverability (Activated) - Gravity Link produces a noticeable difference, the item debuff does not.[list]
[*]Satyr's ____ ____
[*]Singularity Mortar
[/list]
Experimental Weapon Efficiency (Activated) - I assume it should be weapon energy cost conservation.[list]
[*]DigiApogee RMU Prototype # ____
[/list]
Worsen Beam Handling (Activated)[list]
[*]Atrophy ____
[*]Crystalline Aparatus
[/list]
Worsen Projectile Handling (Activated)[list]
[*]Decay ____
[*]Crystalline Aparaus
[/list]
Worsen Missile Handling (Activated)[list]
[*]Crystalline Aparatus
[/list]

[quote name='Darkdronen' timestamp='1329530559' post='316']
Just wondering also, does improved projectile handling and increase projectile wep skill stack? even though both buffs say they increase projectile accuracy.
[/quote]
All the following should stack:
Increase Weapon Skill (Equip) : +accuracy via skill levels
Improved Projectile Handling (Equip) : +accuracy via skill levels
Improved Projectile Handling (Activated) : +accuracy %, +damage %
Increased Accuracy (Equip) : +accuracy %
However, skills are capped at L10, so unless your weapon skill is really low, you won't get any benefit from stacking the two that increase skill levels. The two that add directly to accuracy should stack beyond that though. Whether they work or not, and how accuracy stacks or is capped, I don't know.

[quote name='Darkdronen' timestamp='1329530559' post='316']
I'm not sure if this is intended but any item that can be PM with the buff improved projectile handling does not increase past 100%. For example a lvl 9 decay novem increases projectile wep skill by 3.93 at 100%, it also does the same thing at 200%.
[/quote]

Perhaps we should get another bug report/thread started listing all items and their buffs that do not scale with quality. Unfortunately this issue is both item and buff dependent, some items are a mix of scaling and non-scaling buffs, some buffs scale on one item but not another, and some are not intended to scale ever(Equipped Weapon Turbo's). Would require the exact item and each of its buffs that are not scaling. This will also be difficult due to two display bugs: one that rotates buff display values among an items buffs, and one that prevents their values from updating until they are moved.