Handoff Server down or dying?

Hi - could someone verify if the sector handoff server is up? I am unable to get past the galaxy map - it just hangs (been looking at it now for about 15 minutes, and my JD is going to login to about 50 Chavez in Glenn waiting to pounce on his tiny, frail hull...

same here

2 pcs , any toon ,2 accounts all hang at blue map screen.
launcher says sending login packet-- connection active
tried packet opt on and off,all those little checks
nope

says 189 online but not me

I am experiencing the same problem. Multiple PCs and multiple accounts.

I had not problem earlier today, even with the new patch - so something else is at work (or not working).

Lannister

"sector handoff server"

No such thing exists.

There could be many reasons why you're not getting the handoff.

The most often occurring is if something on your PC is preventing them from arriving (insufficient access level for Net7Proxy if running win7, firewall etc.).

Failing establishing this as the cause there are certain delays incorporated into the server which are only there at login, namely to stop someone logging in before all their save messages from the previous session have been processed. I have seen this happening form the server logs, but in every case the player gets in eventually, after the save messages have gone through.

How many chars are you logging in with at once? Not that this should have an effect, but just out of curiosity?

Try using the experimental packet re-ordering feature.

It's come to my attention that someone has found a way of logging multiple characters in from the same account, and has shared this with others, who are doing the same thing. Currently the server is under siege from the barrage of multi-account users and so unexpected things are happening.

This would almost certainly account for the new chaos currently going on.

I'm having to add yet more protection against doing this into the server.

[quote name='Tienbau' timestamp='1299550741' post='35952']
It's come to my attention that someone has found a way of logging multiple characters in from the same account, and has shared this with others, who are doing the same thing. Currently the server is under siege from the barrage of multi-account users and so unexpected things are happening.

[/quote]
Guys. If the server prevents you from doing something - there's a good reason! Try to circumvent it and things like this happen. :)

[/quote]

?? are you talking about multiple accounts on the same PC or multiple accounts on separate PCS? Which I though was OK.

ahh..
im just logging my normal 1 toon per account on 2 accounts, on 2 pcs.
they both eventually got in after 8-10 mins of sitting on the blue map screen.

if someone is abuseing the game by logging in multi toons on 1 account, isnt that a serious violation of tos rules?
in any case, i hope you get it figured out.
would this cheesecake help????

[quote name='AZwoodman' timestamp='1299552803' post='35958']
?? are you talking about multiple accounts on the same PC or multiple accounts on separate PCS? Which I though was OK.
[/quote]
Both of those are perfectly allowed. He's talking about multiple characters on one account logged in simultaneously.

[/quote]

Please ban all of these accounts. Permanently.
  • Upvote 3

[quote name='Jarod' timestamp='1299557839' post='35964']
Please ban all of these accounts. Permanently.
[/quote]
While true these people do obviously know what they are doing is wrong, I think banning them is too harsh.
I do think there should be some sort of punishment for the original person that found out how to use this exploit and then pass it onto others however.
Banning no, Punish yes.
Just be thankful that they did not cause more harm than just login lag. (That we know of)
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

[quote name='Maniac' timestamp='1299560841' post='35969']
While true these people do obviously know what they are doing is wrong, I think banning them is too harsh.
I do think there should be some sort of punishment for the original person that found out how to use this exploit and then pass it onto others however.
Banning no, Punish yes.
Just be thankful that they did not cause more harm than just login lag. (That we know of)
[/quote]

I disagree that it's too harsh - they were committing clear TOS violations that affected game stability. This activity has been shown in the past to do much more than just be a lag issue - it jeopardizes the integrity of the database (or were people not upset about all the recent save problems?).

However - if it's punishment and not banishment, then fine, reset all the chars on those accounts to Lvl 0 and 500 creds. Go back to square 1. I'll stop short of calling that "Dunce" be painted on their ships, cuz I'm a softie. :)
  • Upvote 2

Has this issue added to or caused the NPC hull upgrade problems? I thought the reload of quests had brought the server down today?

Either way if someone uses any exploit on or in the game, then surely they need telling, warning and if they continue to prod and poke about, then ban them, at IP level

Server having issues yet again.....
Put this in another thread but might as well put it in this one too.
Just hangs after selecting a character.
I Finnaly got a toon in after like 10 min hang at load screen.
This is what Im getting with Both Computers:

14/03/11 20:14:32 MVAS thread running
14/03/11 20:14:32 Received Master login confirm, new UDP port is 3674 Avatar_id = 1073790735
14/03/11 20:14:32 <server> Master Login received - UDP sector port: 3674
14/03/11 20:14:32 >> Commence Login check.
14/03/11 20:14:32 Sending Login packet - connection active
14/03/11 20:17:04 MVAS thread running
14/03/11 20:17:04 Received Master login confirm, new UDP port is 3674 Avatar_id = 1073790735
14/03/11 20:17:04 <server> Master Login received - UDP sector port: 3674
14/03/11 20:17:04 >> Commence Login check.
14/03/11 20:17:04 Sending Login packet - connection active
14/03/11 20:23:07 >> Intermediate Login check failed, re-issue sector login.

Is there something going on?

nope, just checked and everything is good.

I am working on a few things which will improve the stability of logins however, based on a few experiences I've had recently, although I'm still making sure they're good before unleashing them into the wild.

nope, just checked and everything is good.

I am working on a few things which will improve the stability of logins however, based on a few experiences I've had recently, although I'm still making sure they're good before unleashing them into the wild.