Something must be done about KS mission mobs

sirmorte

We have a problem, NASA.

Players are killing mission mobs given through job terminals. I am not sure what can be done. Perhaps the players,whose mission relates to the mob, should get the credit,but this will encourage power leveling.

Perhaps, any mob not attacked by the mission player will triple its CL level. Perhaps players who kill mission mobs get their quality wiped to 10%. However, it is a problem, and I don't have a real solution.

Back in live the mission mobs wouldn't span until the player either entered the required sector or had sat at the required nav point for a few seconds. Not entirely sure which it was but feel pretty certain it was the later. I don't believe the way the game is at present the coding is available to re-implement this system but it would solve the KS'ing problem. Also I would assume it would also do away with mission mobs spawning that are no longer required because the player has CTD'd and lost the missions or if they simply go off-line without completing them.

Perhaps, any mob not attacked by the mission player will triple its CL level.

My eyes are getting watery with the thoughts of joy when a player finds out their mission mob is CL 150.

Think this suggestion gives ADDED incentive to hit mission mobs :)

Its kind of an unwritten rule of how this situation should be handled. If you come across a mob that is an obvious job mob (has the intended players name at the end), send a tell directly to that person "/t Grendwalpp Target "Chavez Fodder for Grendwalpp" at (x, y, z)". If the computer prompt replies that person is no longer online, the mob is fair game as that person wouldn't get credit for it anyway if they came back. Otherwise I would give the person about 5 min, then send the tell again. If after another minute or so, still no response, the mob is toast (also I only kill unclaimed job mobs if they are within range enough for me to get xp or if I know they drop some loot only stuff that one of my toons would find useful, otherwise I leave it alone regardless).

I'm not suggesting that this is what is happening to you Morte, but I have seen this happen before. There are a couple situations that have come up in the past:

1. Intended person does not reply to their in game tells, which may be a little cold-hearted of me, but sorry, you don't reply to 2 tells after about 6 or 7 minutes especially when you know you are doing combat jobs, tough luck, go get another job.

2. Mob is spawned in an area where I am farming another mob and in the process of moving from mob to mob I accidentally target and fire on someone's job mob, which in turn causes it to attack me and then I have to destroy it. My bad, but not really anything I can do about it after that point. This used to happen a lot when I would farm CL26-30 Zenshai near Gaius Wreck in Freya and Net-7 would spawn lvl 17 job mobs at the same location.

Perhaps part of the issue is any time you disconnect from the game for whatever reason your "jobs" are wiped from your logs. Maybe it's not remembering where they are? Not having the patience to go find them? Getting more jobs and leaving the ones already there to a-find later b-let someone else clean them up c-hope for server restart to wipe them out d-know by the time you get back to them someone else has probably already killed them

job mobs are a mixed bag, some see free xp, others try and keep them "cleaned up", others can't remember where they are or just can't get to them before they either get killed or attack someone or just they float around for hours to days before something removes them whether it's other players or a server restart.

issues I have personally had:

1- crash and can't remember where they are

2- get there to see they've already been killed

3- have someone elses job mob attack me without my attacking it first (this isn't 100%, but has happened randomly)

Perhaps this needs some discussion to get a reasonable resolution everyone can be comfortable with. It has been going on for a while now.

Sounds like Kyp has some code updates that will make this moot, good.

However - from listening to various chats on this I think there are some players making a problem out of a non-problem. Specifically I've seen people talking about being "freaked out" seeing high(er) level mobs in areas where they don't expect them and demanding that something be done. Look - if it's a (player) named mob it's not going to do a damn thing except float around. If the named player isn't online I certainly don't have any issue with somebody else gunning it down, but gunning it down just because you don't like seeing the mob where you are makes no sense.