Faction Reset

Kherana

After the server crash all factions have been reset to default leaving weeks of work gone.

I understand we are moving ahead but with faction being reset and possible future issues/changes can we please be able to dock and use QAR until faction is fully functional?

If faction is going to keep getting reset (by accident or intentional or just the result of having to do some server changes), can we keep BBW and QAR open to everyone during the stress tests with an understanding than when the game goes "live" (or at least to a point where we want to start testing the whole factioned gates/bases thing) that these places will be closed again.

If faction is going to keep getting reset (by accident or intentional or just the result of having to do some server changes), can we keep BBW and QAR open to everyone during the stress tests with an understanding than when the game goes "live" (or at least to a point where we want to start testing the whole factioned gates/bases thing) that these places will be closed again.

Agreed. It really is quite annoying to have to farm faction over and over and over again every time the server dumps our faction standings back to default.

And now that BBW drones give no faction and the only high-level Chavez are those 15 or so spawns at the Chavez HQ... and since spawn-camping the Mourning Circle (except if you are Jenquai) won't work for AOE farming trash mobs...

You see where I'm going with this? It takes several hours for a PW to re-farm his faction back to yellow from the -9k default, and quite a bit more for other classes, especially if they have to get up to L6-7 beams to effectively one-shot these mobs.

The faction grind should be a bit tedious... but not repeatedly tedious for each toon needing QAR access.

Grrr. Boo. Hiss.

:):angry::angry::angry::angry:

Have to agree, did TONS of jobs, as well as missions on my JE to get into QAR, and to get Chavez yellow (and a bunch of post 150 dings to raise my skills). I do think that ultimately, when faction is perfected that BBW should be closed to those who have poor RD faction. I did wonder who owns the under construction gate to Sho'da'kan Nebula. When I got my RD up enough to land at QAR the under construction gate was still red to me, but then again, it could still be RD owned and require higher faction.

I think there is a bit of work to still be done with faction as well, before it's really ready.

the problem with closing BBW is that 2 of the 4 raid areas are in there. it limits a lot of high level content without farming faction.

maybe if there were a set of more quests to do to raise faction instead of just the 3 that are in now.

the problem with closing BBW is that 2 of the 4 raid areas are in there. it limits a lot of high level content without farming faction.

maybe if there were a set of more quests to do to raise faction instead of just the 3 that are in now.

I agree with more quests to raise faction, but I'd agree with that even if there were more raids, simply because doing a quest is more fun, in my opinion, than killing thousands of trash mobs for faction. I LOVE doing quests and missions.

Just to throw a bone to the support crew, I submitted a ticket about my faction (and also a reactor that was suddenly missing from my hold) and by this morning the faction was put back to where it was before the crash and my reactor has been returned.

Excellent job.

so do we all have to open tickets to get faction fixed? why not just put all faction back to where it was... ok well can you reset Reya's rd faction back to where it was so she can get back into QAR to buy hellbore ammo...

Oy, we're not going to reset everyone's faction, that would be a ridiculous amount of work. If you want to submit a support ticket, it's up to the GMs to decide whether they will set yours back or not. I will propose that we take some action to mitigate the inconvenience caused by the faction reset, but I can't guarantee anything.

well just start selling hellbore ammo outside of qar and that would resolve it... is there anything else inside qar worthwhile?

Singularity Mortar ammo too would be nice to be able to buy outside QAR without RD faction please.

so do we all have to open tickets to get faction fixed? why not just put all faction back to where it was... ok well can you reset Reya's rd faction back to where it was so she can get back into QAR to buy hellbore ammo...

Hello,

You can buy Hellbore ammo in Mercury sector.

Merlin

i still think there is too much endgame content in BBW for it to be factioned. unless u can get faction through a series of quests, grinind 5k + faction is lame

I do think that there should be both questing and grinding options for manipulating faction. I also agree that at least some classes are starting with some factions that are way too low. If Kill on Sight faction is -2000 or anything worse when faction is fully implemented, I think -5000 is quite reasonable as starting faction for a faction hostile to the players. IMO -9000 is excessive as a starting faction given the amount of grind necessary to get rid of it. I'm not opposed to BBW being factioned, when faction is fully implemented and functional, but even the Progen, IMO shouldn't start with RD worse than about -5500. (JW should probably start with similiar Mordana, TW with similar Bogeril)

I have heard it in game several times that faction isn't working correctly yet, so perhaps keep BBW open until it is?

I have to agree with missions and grinding being out of proportion, but as more missions get put into game more rep gain can be addressed, but it all takes time so we need to be patient and see how it goes. At the moment there aren't a lot of missions in so we have to grind to level and to gain rep. However, perhaps an adjustment needs to be made to our starting rep considering the state of faction and the game in general right now.

Yes BBW was factioned in live; faction was also working correctly and there were a lot of missions in live to offset it. Plus there was more storyline, too.

there is a lot more to this game than "endgame", too; which the devs are actively working on. if you get bored make a new character and try a different class or race, lets let the devs get it done before crying for "more". I am trying some of the new classes to see what they are like before it goes "live" and I'm waiting and watching to see if progens become their own storyline and game within the game.

"eventually" faction will work correctly but gates are being implemented first. which is more a punishment than a prize with the issues we have in beta. It's like some of the steps are out of place, instead of" a, b, c, it's a, c, b.

I by no means am telling anyone what to do or how to do it, I've spent most of my working life working with different types of projects and this is just my two cents.

• Upvote 1