HU 135 Bonus mission is not worth it

Lot,

A small error on your part "They used to drop in moto". Moto wasn't in live and they only dropped from a Progen Boss in moto (CFB) for a particular reason, ie me. Once the spawns were set right and drop rates fixed CFB was removed as a drop.

I have already over 3 months began a journey towards redoing the missions. It has been waiting on some server code.

, some of whhich now is on developer server.

Every hull upgrade will require payment

Every hull upgrade will have a compulsory mission component which will include some combat.

The options will be options unlocked by tokens gained in the master mission/ tradable exchange / but he option missions will require to be unlocked between certain hull levels; between 50-75; between 75-100 and between 100-135. These options will depend on you having a certain skill at a certain level. [3] [4] [5].

Those not wanting to do the options eventually at level 150 will be able to trade the tokens in for 30,000 credits or trade 3 tokens to create an unique 'trade token' that can be marketed. Players purchasing this token (from you) will be able to convert it to one mission token. Not all the optional missions will be available with the standard token load-out.

Oh and the standard mission tokens are non-tradable.

Lot,

A small error on your part "They used to drop in moto". Moto wasn't in live and they only dropped from a Progen Boss in moto (CFB) for a particular reason, ie me. Once the spawns were set right and drop rates fixed CFB was removed as a drop.

I have already over 3 months began a journey towards redoing the missions. It has been waiting on some server code.

, some of whhich now is on developer server.

Every hull upgrade will require payment

Every hull upgrade will have a compulsory mission component which will include some combat.

The options will be options unlocked by tokens gained in the master mission/ tradable exchange / but he option missions will require to be unlocked between certain hull levels; between 50-75; between 75-100 and between 100-135. These options will depend on you having a certain skill at a certain level. [3] [4] [5].

Those not wanting to do the options eventually at level 150 will be able to trade the tokens in for 30,000 credits or trade 3 tokens to create an unique 'trade token' that can be marketed. Players purchasing this token (from you) will be able to convert it to one mission token. Not all the optional missions will be available with the standard token load-out.

Oh and the standard mission tokens are non-tradable.

Huh?

Huh?

My thought as well.

Byakhee you have some great content ideas.

However, you're willingly avoiding what many see as an issue with your idea for promotion and hull upgrades for the Progen race. I would like to see the hull upgrade and promotions for Progens kept simple i.e. see Kerr, "Hello Progen, time for your promotion see the shipyards right away!", visit shipyards and return. Done.

That is how it was done in live.

After gaining 25 or 35 levels it is entirely frustrating to then be faced with a mountain of chores requiring further hours to complete in order to obtain a promotion and hull upgrade. Why do we have to jump through more hoops and spend more hours to get what we are entitled to? You are holding promotions to ransom just like a carrot dangling on the end of a stick.

Players should be allowed the simple convenience of a simple promotion. At 50, 75, 100, 135 players used to look forward in live to gaining an extra weapon slot or device slot - that was ample reward. Now, if they're like me, they look forward to promotions with dread because of the non-trivial stuff they have to do which takes hours.

Please please please for the sake of Progen players everywhere, separate the Agrippa content out from the promotions and allow players to do them separately. At the end of each promotion Kerr could suggest seeing another NPC on Nostrand Vor for your content.

And then you can make your Agrippa content as complex as your heart desires and we'd probably like it much more. I know I would like it but you have to separate your content from promotions first.

Edited by Lot
  • Upvote 1

The content is being seperated out from hull upgrades, that is currently being done.

But there will be a teething period (which could mean for a bit none of the flavour missions for progen will be available)

Those on the PTR should try and contact Anjuren Khan in 61 Cygni for a level 50 HU.

For every hull upgrade there will be a short mission. The operative point here is Short. Maximum 10 steps. And will be a payment.

Hull upgrades will run in paraelle until migrated over.

The content is not just Agrippa, there is a lot of other content too. Agrippa is just the current content.

The content is being seperated out from hull upgrades, that is currently being done.

But there will be a teething period (which could mean for a bit none of the flavour missions for progen will be available)

Those on the PTR should try and contact Anjuren Khan in 61 Cygni for a level 50 HU.

For every hull upgrade there will be a short mission. The operative point here is Short. Maximum 10 steps. And will be a payment.

Hull upgrades will run in paraelle until migrated over.

The content is not just Agrippa, there is a lot of other content too. Agrippa is just the current content.

Hello Mr Byakhee,

You & I have not spoken for a long time, but I feel I must jump in here. From someone who is on the play server many hours a day and hides the fact I am a Dev so I do not have to keep answering the same questions, "Can you help me with the Progan missions"? Byakhee, you really need to listen what the players are telling you and stop all the double, confussing mumbo jumble! They are not saying they do not like your missions, but just not to tie them into the HU's! I feel as do about 95% of the players that just getting to the lvl that is required to get the HU should be the mission! I know that I will probally never start another Progen unless the long confussing missions are removed from the HU's. I hear all the time, "Oh man, I need to go get my HU, wish me luck." What players should be saying is "Thank god I get to do my HU and get a better ship" I for one do not do hardly any missions as that is not why I play EnB. I know some players love missions, but most don't and it is really not fair to make everyone who want to play a Progen spend countless hours doing long drawn out HU missions unless they want to. If you gave players the choice of choicing to do long drawn out missions or See Kerr, pay Kerr, go to shipyard, I think you would find around 90% of the players doing the latter. Believe me I am not putting you down and do think that you have some interesting ideas (most of the time), but just need to listen to what the players are saying to you. TTYL :-)

Merlin

• Upvote 1

I totaly agree with Merlins post, I stopped playing a Progen ages ago because of the complecated process of doing hull upgrade missions, they are to time consumeing and very confuseing to say the least.

Please let us enjoy the hull upgrade missions as, see Kerr, pay some money, go to shipyard, get hull upgrade (as it was in live). not someones idea of fun that isnt funny.

Please sign here to support Merlins suggestion.

TYVM.

I don't want even 10 steps in the Progen promotion missions.

More like:

1. Hello Kerr, I'm here for my promotion, dude.

2. Kerr: Rambles on and on, finally sends you off to the shipyards.

3. Shipyards: Collect payment, upgrade hull.

4. Rank increases.

5. Done.

Kerr might mention the name and location of an NPC to speak to for further content.

Merlin said what I was saying but in one big massive paragraph, lol.

Anyway, /signed.

:lol:

I have suggested this before but will post again. Maybe this time it will take root. If the purpose of the missions is to promote/generate the story line they absolutely should be voluntary and not mandatory. I personally enjoy reading the why and how did this get the way it is (story line) but my main complaints are that the “clues” in the mission text are very ambiguous, and I even found a clue to one mission in the actual text of the header of the mission in the mission log. This does (for me) the exact opposite, I turn the crap off and try to get through the mission as fast as I can.

The multiple steps of one of these mega missions could be broken out into many smaller missions. This way you would not feel you need to be glued to the computer to get this or that mission finished before a CTD, mission update/change, or server update.

I also suggest that Byakhee come on line and just lurk, watch the chat channels, see for himself the comments and the issues players are having with his missions. Another idea is for Byakhee to chat with the GMs to see what types of issues they are having correcting/helping players with these missions.

I enjoy doing missions. I hate doing missions that are so confusing that I feel I have to do a screen capture every step just to dissect them to find some missing or buried clue. Clues that are intentionally misleading are not appreciated nor needed.

The hidden missions requiring one to speak with every NPC to find them is also a big turn off for me. As I suggested before if there was some flag on NPCs that had missions for me would be helpful. Every other game I have played had some method of seeing who had missions I could do. I would rather just go kill/dig stuff than fly to every station and talk to every NPC to find missions. This does not further the story line nor promote explore. It seems to me more of a time sync, the emulator not being an hourly charged game so it makes no sense at all.

Explore to me is to fly around and see what can be found, explore to me is not visiting every station and speaking to every NPC in hopes of finding some mission that can be done.

I don't want even 10 steps in the Progen promotion missions.

More like:

1. Hello Kerr, I'm here for my promotion, dude.

2. Kerr: Rambles on and on, finally sends you off to the shipyards.

3. Shipyards: Collect payment, upgrade hull.

4. Rank increases.

5. Done.

Kerr might mention the name and location of an NPC to speak to for further content.Merlin said what I was saying but in one big massive paragraph, lol.Anyway, /signed.:lol:

Please correct me if I am wrong (I'm sure *someone* will), but isn't this already in effect? I could have sworn I did this recently for the 50 HU on my sentinel, and just the other day (135 HU) for my Privateer.

Also I don't understand what part of "waiting on server code" do folks not understand? (If i remember correctly, Byakhee has been saying this for more than a few months now) I for one am gettin pretty tired of seeing people banging on our developers, maybe I'm just being "sensitive" but it seems especially bad on Byakhee lately, a little good natured ribbing is one thing but the vitriol I have seen has been ridiculous. I know they don't need any cheerleaders but c'mon people, they're doing this in their free time. They are doing us a favor, not the other way 'round.

If you've got a problem with something at least keep the tone civil. How'd you like it if you worked yer arse off in a soup kitchen and a bunch of the folks wanted to complain about it not tasting good, while you were filling their bowl? Guess I should just stick to the game servers and quit coming to the forums, just about every time I do there's some post in this tone and it ticks me off and worries me. /Seeya in game.

PS

A big Thank You to those of you that can offer constructive criticism.

• Downvote 1

Please correct me if I am wrong (I'm sure *someone* will), but isn't this already in effect? I could have sworn I did this recently for the 50 HU on my sentinel, and just the other day (135 HU) for my Privateer.

Also I don't understand what part of "waiting on server code" do folks not understand? (If i remember correctly, Byakhee has been saying this for more than a few months now) I for one am gettin pretty tired of seeing people banging on our developers, maybe I'm just being "sensitive" but it seems especially bad on Byakhee lately, a little good natured ribbing is one thing but the vitriol I have seen has been ridiculous. I know they don't need any cheerleaders but c'mon people, they're doing this in their free time. They are doing us a favor, not the other way 'round.

If you've got a problem with something at least keep the tone civil. How'd you like it if you worked yer arse off in a soup kitchen and a bunch of the folks wanted to complain about it not tasting good, while you were filling their bowl? Guess I should just stick to the game servers and quit coming to the forums, just about every time I do there's some post in this tone and it ticks me off and worries me. /Seeya in game.

PS

A big Thank You to those of you that can offer constructive criticism.

Funny I didn’t see anything not civil in any of the posts; perhaps I am just a bit more oblivious to it at this point. I do think that something does need to be done to get the Progen missions into something that can be done by new players, without GM intervention. I personally would like to have some players I have played other games with come to the emulator. But in doing so I would have to suggest they not select a Progen, this is really sad as I can’t help them in anything other than killing/building support. Any missions that they may have trouble with falls squarely on the GM’s shoulders. In watching the chat channels the other races don’t seem to have near the issues that the Progen do with their missions. I may be wrong but I don’t think so.

Hello Mr Byakhee,

You & I have not spoken for a long time, but I feel I must jump in here. From someone who is on the play server many hours a day and hides the fact I am a Dev so I do not have to keep answering the same questions, "Can you help me with the Progan missions"? Byakhee, you really need to listen what the players are telling you and stop all the double, confussing mumbo jumble! They are not saying they do not like your missions, but just not to tie them into the HU's! I feel as do about 95% of the players that just getting to the lvl that is required to get the HU should be the mission! I know that I will probally never start another Progen unless the long confussing missions are removed from the HU's. I hear all the time, "Oh man, I need to go get my HU, wish me luck." What players should be saying is "Thank god I get to do my HU and get a better ship" I for one do not do hardly any missions as that is not why I play EnB. I know some players love missions, but most don't and it is really not fair to make everyone who want to play a Progen spend countless hours doing long drawn out HU missions unless they want to. If you gave players the choice of choicing to do long drawn out missions or See Kerr, pay Kerr, go to shipyard, I think you would find around 90% of the players doing the latter. Believe me I am not putting you down and do think that you have some interesting ideas (most of the time), but just need to listen to what the players are saying to you. TTYL :-)

Merlin

/signed

I too have not made another progen that I play because I do not want to spend the majority of my gaming time doing hu's/waiting for gm's to help with hu's/being forced to "spec" the way the missions/rewards dictate.

I hope the progen race can be brought back to like they were in live, like how the rest of the emulator devs are recreating missions/hu's/storyline, instead of the further split away from the direction the rest of the emulator is going.

Byahkee, you have some awesome ideas that would make for a lot of the missing content mission-wise. Just please stop with the ambiguity/multiple step (long missions)/forced game play(if you don't spec a certain way/play a certain class you don't get the mission/reward). If you broke a lot of the hu missions down you could have some of the happiest players on the emu, make it easy to understand, stop dangling the carrots, and look at the direction the rest of the development is going. If the development eventually leads to the return of the vrix, shouldn't the progens be moving in the same direction as the rest of the team instead of being "at war" with the other races? I currently ignore Moto, I have yet to see anything that clearly identifies what it is and how it affects the game in general.

from a quality assurance type person to an engineering type person; please keep in mind that we all don't think like you do, we need some things spelled out for us so everyone understands the intention and direction in the same way. Also that we don't all like the same "type" of game play. some of us like to explore more than combat, others trade runs, some combat, and yet others do jobs, which is a balancing act to keep all types content.

This is an old topic of conversation, please refer to the missions that are on the PTR server for advanced heads up as to what will arrive on the Play server next month. The current hull upgrade structure is no longer relevant, and mission structure is in place as was intended originally. Still waiting on a tweak of code though.

Simply paying for a hull upgrade wont be an option, there will be 5 steps previous to do. Simples

If you keep bumping it this topic may be locked by myself as this Topic

is no longer relevant

See post here:

https://enb-emulator.com/index.php?/topic/3014-progen-players-ptr-please/

• 1 month later...

You've just wasted my time and made me regret ever donating and I'll never be donating again. Thanks!

I ran into this while doing some research on missions. Old post or not, are you that much of a juvenile whiny little brat? It's a game and even more importantly, a stress test. Not live. You can't expect everything to be perfect or go your way. Stand in front of a moving bus. I'll fill in the donation space with my money because I actually appreciate them. Give constructive criticism and suggestions. Don't put crap like this.

• Downvote 3